View Full Version : Why does OKC not have a Doubletree Hotel?

MrBojangles
07-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Or am I missing something here.

BG918
07-10-2011, 06:42 PM
No Westin either...

mcca7596
07-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Individual demographic indicators that we do not meet, perhaps?

bandnerd
07-10-2011, 07:05 PM
I've stayed in the Tulsa Doubletree...is there really something we're missing? It was fine, nothing amazing, just a reasonably nice hotel room...

BDK
07-10-2011, 08:05 PM
I'd imagine, per the recent obesity statistics, it's because we'd need a quadruple tree at the least...

lasomeday
07-10-2011, 09:01 PM
I've stayed at quite a few Doubletree hotels. They are really nice, and their cookies are awesome! We really need some more nice hotels downtown, if not for the hotels, but more bars and dining options for the business and downtown people.

MikeOKC
07-10-2011, 09:09 PM
No Westin either...

Actually we had one before Starwood rebranded it the Sheraton (downtown).

Larry OKC
07-11-2011, 04:18 AM
maybe we will get a DoubleTree or Westin again as part of the Convention Center project?

bombermwc
07-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Are we particularly missing out on something by not having one in comparison to the other million brands that are in town?

bandnerd
07-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Are we particularly missing out on something by not having one in comparison to the other million brands that are in town?

That's what I'm saying. The cookies are good, but I don't go to a hotel for a cookie. I mean, it's great to have a lot of variety and options, but we do have that.

adaniel
07-11-2011, 11:58 AM
I've stayed in the Tulsa Doubletree...is there really something we're missing? It was fine, nothing amazing, just a reasonably nice hotel room...

I have stayed in the Warren Place Doubletree for a wedding...I agree it was nice but nothing all that great.

Doubletree used to be a really exclusive brand back in the day.Now that its owned by Hilton they are nothing that special. W and St. Regis are the hot brands now.

Its not like all hotels in OKC are terrible. It should be noted that the Skirvin is statistically one of the best performing hotels in the Hilton chain.

Doug Loudenback
07-14-2011, 10:17 PM
IMO, the DoubleTree brand is no longer something special. It is just an average hotel, not great, not bad, just something like any other contemporary new hotel. Another example: last week, I spent a night at the San Antonio Grand Hyatt on the Riverwalk and it was nothing more remarkable than what Oklahoma City already has in the Oklahoma City Sheraton, if that ... an average modern hotel.

The point is ... hotel name brands mean nothing except for those looking for ego points, and the "name brands" are more than willing to provide an average new hotel for them who merely covet the hotel's brand name in the city's inventory. The quality of a hosteler is an altogether different matter.

CutieOK84
07-15-2011, 10:54 AM
I think our problem is that there are already too many nice hotels in/around OKC to support another one. There aren't a lot of major conventions/conferences that come here.. plus we don't get a enough visitors to the city.

MrBojangles
07-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Thanks, Doug