View Full Version : City pays officer accused of taking $5K over $75K to stay home.

BBatesokc
07-09-2011, 06:51 AM
http://www.newsok.com/an-accused-oklahoma-city-police-officer-lt.-christopher-gayhart-has-collected-75000-during-investigation/article/3584128?custom_click=headlines_widget

Another head shaking story of your tax dollars put to good use.

kevinpate
07-09-2011, 07:15 AM
If you canna figure out how to investigate slackoff any faster than this, it would appear to be more economical to simply let it happen. bleah

Larry OKC
07-11-2011, 07:06 PM
I may have missed it, but isn't the unidentified City employee that was involved in the Weed & Seed program investigation still being paid? Last I heard he was and that has been going on for a couple of years now??? Imagine a 2 year+ paid vacation.

dmoor82
07-11-2011, 07:12 PM
sounds like I'm in the wrong line of work!lol

BBatesokc
07-11-2011, 07:25 PM
I may have missed it, but isn't the unidentified City employee that was involved in the Weed & Seed program investigation still being paid? Last I heard he was and that has been going on for a couple of years now??? Imagine a 2 year+ paid vacation.

That's what happened with the OKC Cops accused of doing a drive by shooting. Even though the public was told they be treated like gangbangers, they weren't. Instead, one of the cops saved his $70K+ a year salary he was paid to stay home for 2 years and then bought the Marble Slab in Bricktown a couple of months ago. Sounds like he learned crime doesn't pay (sigh).

RealEstateCop1
07-12-2011, 11:04 AM
That's what happened with the OKC Cops accused of doing a drive by shooting. Even though the public was told they be treated like gangbangers, they weren't. Instead, one of the cops saved his $70K+ a year salary he was paid to stay home for 2 years and then bought the Marble Slab in Bricktown a couple of months ago. Sounds like he learned crime doesn't pay (sigh).

What happened to those guys?

BBatesokc
07-12-2011, 12:39 PM
What happened to those guys?

Nothing. They got paid $70k+ per year to stay home for 2 years. I know at least one got to keep his CLEET license so he can still work as a cop, but he bought two Marble Slab's instead. Not sure about the other one.