View Full Version : Steps Needed To Become Hydrogen Capital of World

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-28-2005, 09:43 PM
We lall know hydrogen is the new petrolium. Cars are already being made that depend on the substance. We have hydrogen too. Let's use our resources to our benefit! :bright_id

Steps needed, any order: :gossip:

1. Hold a convention, to discuss how to advance the industry.

2. Start incentives before the rest of the nation does.

3. Make OU or OSU or OCU the world authority on hydrogen exploration.

4. Start government research on hydrogen.

5. Get out-of-state corporations interested in Oklahoma hydrogen.

Karried
03-28-2005, 09:52 PM
What happened to our Tornado Museum? You're having too many interesting ideas tonight :Smiley233

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Well. I guess I should create a thread on that, but if it matters I think I posted this idea a few seconds before I posted the one regarding tourism, LOL.

I want to add something. The city needs to come up with a "image" that stands out from a business perspective.

Nuclear_2525
03-28-2005, 11:52 PM
I AGREE 100 percent. Oklahoma always seems to come up with these GREAT ideas just a little bit too late and it makes us look like we always follow. Well this could be our turn to lead. I wish Governor Henry read this forum so he could get something started on this.

I know you all aren't keen on Tulsa, but this would be a great chance to grow significantly OSU-Tulsa. OU, OSU, and UCO all already have their specialties. This would give the state another D-1 school and give OSU-Tulsa a great chance to expand.

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-29-2005, 06:47 AM
Most of us here don't like OSU-anywhere.

Patrick
03-29-2005, 09:16 AM
I definitely think our universities need to invest in research in areas like this...cuttin edge technology. Fortunately, we finally have OUHSC off the ground running in the biotech field.

Oklahoma has always had a history of energy exploration. Why not invest in hydrogen fuel cell research here. We could even get a few of the local energy companies liek Chesapeake or Devon interested. Hydrogen could be part of their futures division.

I firmly believe that hydrogen will be the fuel of the future, thus it would be smart for an energy company to invest in something like that. Oil won't be around forever.

Midtowner
03-29-2005, 12:27 PM
I understand that larger energy companies like BP are already heavily invested in the technology. I think Houston will have a huge leg up on us in the even that there will be a Hydrogen Capitol of the World.

Proactive Volunteer
03-29-2005, 02:24 PM
http://www.governor.state.ok.us/message.php

Here is the contact link to Governor Henry. If you want to send him a link, copy and poaste it in the message area of his site.

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-29-2005, 02:58 PM
I'll pass, LOL. I hope someone else will. I will if noone else will.

rxis
03-30-2005, 12:14 AM
I was just thinking the same thing, Midtowner. It's not like a number of large companies aren't already involved but I still think Oklahoma companies should definitely invest in it. Wasn't there some research done at OU or OSU by some students who entered a hydrogen fueled vehicle in a race? I think a solar powered vehicle was also built a few years ago.