View Full Version : this years dt firework show

LIL_WAYNE_2012_PREZIDENT
07-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Is it just me or was last years show 20x better I was very let down with this years show

betts
07-05-2011, 12:35 PM
I thought the Red, White and Boom fireworks were better.

OKCisOK4me
07-05-2011, 01:02 PM
I have not been to an OKC fireworks show in three years now. Only because I went for three years previous and they were all lamo. Edmond is waaaaaaaay better. Sorry.

SkyWestOKC
07-05-2011, 01:16 PM
I just watched all the firework shows from on top of the airport parking garage last night.

Talked to a friendly police officer too. He was one of the responders to the devon basejumping incident a few months ago. It was nice up there. A good view, could see the show downtown, the one in Moore, Yukon, Midwest City, and Edmond. No sound, but it was really cool.

Thunder
07-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi Bobby

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=26249

:LolLolLol Discussion is over there. Latest with video on second page.

Reno and Walker
07-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Edmonds Show Was AWESOME... Downtown OKC shows the El Cheapo Factor for sure..

ljbab728
07-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Sometimes volume makes up for flare. If you're in Mustang, the entire sky is lit up constantly for about 2 hours straight. It's not the major booms, but it is impressive.

OKCisOK4me
07-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Sometimes volume makes up for flare. If you're in Mustang, the entire sky is lit up constantly for about 2 hours straight. It's not the major booms, but it is impressive.

Except not this year, since the ban was extended and there were no fireworks in the park...

ljbab728
07-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Except not this year, since the ban was extended and there were no fireworks in the park...

I moved from Mustang about two years ago. The private fireworks were never limited to the park even if that was the best area. Every vacant lot, parking lot, and side street was full of people shooting fireworks

OKCisOK4me
07-07-2011, 11:23 AM
So I've heard. My girlfriend was highly disappointed with Mustang council's decision to vote it down. Even for those two solid hours you talk about, she said it's a freakshow all over Mustang for four days before the fourth and til. I would have loved to have seen it and been a part of it. Mustang lost out on a lot of revenue this year due to their decision.

To note it for those of you that want to argue about the dry conditions of the state, I'm well aware of that so cool it.

lake hefner breeze
07-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Red white and boom on July 3rd downtown was way lame.

Moore's at Buck Thomas park looked pretty amazing on tv.

Larry OKC
07-09-2011, 12:57 AM
How was the Concert part with the OKC Philharmonic and Sandi Patty?

lake hefner breeze
07-10-2011, 04:12 AM

Didn't go to that.

Thunder
07-10-2011, 04:20 AM

Sid was there. He had a blast, but ran for cover when it stormed suddenly. Poor guy.

Thunder
07-10-2011, 09:32 PM
We didn't make the cover. We were soaked by the time we got to the Myriad Gardens and so we just kept walking. I was parked at 7th & Hudson so it was a long walk in the rain with the whole family. At least the rain was warm and downtown OKC is beautiful at night. : )

If I had known...I would've rescued you. Just you. lol Your family can sit in the back of the truck. :-P

Thunder
07-11-2011, 04:38 AM
Thanks... I think. We had a couple offers but honestly, it was a nice walk. The kids enjoyed the chance to play in the rain.

I would, too! Nothing like a good ole soaking rain.