View Full Version : Mdvip

earlywinegareth
07-04-2011, 07:21 PM
MDVIP is a new concept in healthcare where patients opt to pay $1500 per year to get a higher level of service from their primary care physician. My doctor is transitioning to MDVIP later this year and we still haven't come to a decision whether to join.

The concept is good for the doctor whose practice is limited to 600 patients. Also good for patients who have $1500 lying around (are well to do). Not so good for patients who don't have cash lying around and have to go find another PCP.

Has anyone heard of this or had experience with it good/bad?

MikeOKC
07-04-2011, 08:35 PM
MDVIP is a new concept in healthcare where patients opt to pay $1500 per year to get a higher level of service from their primary care physician. My doctor is transitioning to MDVIP later this year and we still haven't come to a decision whether to join.

The concept is good for the doctor whose practice is limited to 600 patients. Also good for patients who have $1500 lying around (are well to do). Not so good for patients who don't have cash lying around and have to go find another PCP.

Has anyone heard of this or had experience with it good/bad?

I've heard of these becoming very big. I can see using the $1,500 for the MDVIP; then knowing that primary care is probably taken care of easily with that amount deciding to opt for a higher deductible "catastrophic" type of health policy. Some people pay health insurance premiums of $400 or more per month per person for health care ($4800/yr). Considering that kind of situation, you're talking $4800 minus $1500 = $3300 left for a catastrophic policy. It could make a lot of sense for certain people.