View Full Version : Car audio tweeters

Dustin
07-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Is anyone here besides myself really into car audio stuff?? I've been browsing for a good set of tweeters for my system but I can't make up my mind. I hear Alpine and Kicker make really good tweeters. I'm just looking for crisp sound quality and a brand that can take a beating because I really like to blast my music. Quality trumps price in this instance.. Any suggestions?

shawnw
07-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Digital Designs (ddaudio.com) is based in OKC and is an award winning car audio manufacturer. Check them out for yourself of course.

dmoor82
07-02-2011, 03:58 PM
In HighSchool I had a Chevy Tahoe with a bad ass system!I had 4 Ifinity kappa 12's two Boston Acoustic 6by9's and two polk audio dash speakers all powered by two 1,000 watt 4 channel Kicker amps and had an extra battery and capacitor,I forget what gauge power wire I had!My head unit was a dfx series Panasonic,man I must have gotten 10 tickets due to noise!As far as tweeters are concerned,Boston Acoustic or Polk Audio might be a good choice!

bluedogok
07-02-2011, 04:59 PM
It just depends on how much you want to spend.

I still have the stock Harmon Kardon system that came in my BMW, for a (soft top) convertible I am apprehensive of putting much of a system in it. I have friends who have done competition cars, Focal and MB Quart are the brands that I know they used and sounded pretty good. I am a fan of Polk, my house has Polk speakers.

Midtowner
07-02-2011, 08:15 PM
I was always partial to silk dome tweeters. Much less of a hard edge on the sound. I think I got mine back in the day from Ultimate Electronics when it was only in Tulsa. I think the speakers were something like Sonic Designs or something.

Dustin
07-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I think I found the winner:

http://www.morelhifi.com/products/mob_components_tweeters_supremo.html

bluedogok
07-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Morel is good stuff as well.