View Full Version : "Like" Button

bucktalk
06-29-2011, 04:30 AM
It would be nice if OKC Talk provided a 'like' button beside each post which is made. There are a few comments made on OKC Talk that are spot on! I'd like to push 'like' if there were such a button.

bretthexum
06-29-2011, 10:18 AM
The mod for a "thanks" button is here - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231666

venture
07-04-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm thinking Pete doesn't have the ability to install any mods on this version of vBulletin, or more likely doesn't have the time. Any mod suggestions are always met with zero response on the ability to integrate them or how well they would work here.

MikeOKC
07-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Or.....Pete doesn't want to give Facebook (worth tons of money) free advertising. They're trying to make the "Like" button (basically their logo) an expectation across the Internet away from Facebook. The secret: They are paying the big boys like Amazon and some major retailers. No need to "facebook" OKCTalk free of charge. I hope Pete rejects the idea. Let Facebook be Facebook on Facebook.

AAC2005
07-05-2011, 02:18 PM
I thought he meant something similar to a "like" button, but necessarily one connected to Facebook. There are other discussion sites that have a thumbs up/down or a vote icon in the comment box...they don't link to anything and mean nothing, except that a lot folks did or didn't like what you wrote.

Pete
07-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Regardless of functionality, I don't like to install "hacks". They are unsupported by vB and create maintenance problems.

In fact, the last major upgrade was a major nightmare because of a lot of non-standard installations that we had to unravel.

BrettL
07-07-2011, 12:36 PM
It can be a pain during upgrades. I've used a similar hack from Vbulletin.org on my OKC Hockey forum site - example here.

http://www.okchockey.com/showthread.php?2241-OKC-Barons-Playoff-Tracker-2011&p=5263&viewfull=1#post5263

betts
07-07-2011, 12:39 PM
I believe there's a vbulletin "reputation" option, or something like that which allows people to give positive or negative feedback to members. I actually removed it from OKCThunderfans because it caused a lot of drama, message board members being prone to such.

kevinpate
07-07-2011, 12:51 PM
msg folk are prone to drama?

OH LAWDY, SAY IT AIN'T SO!