View Full Version : OKC Talk on Rush Limbaugh Show

mrktguy29
06-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Today on the Rush Limbaugh show, Mark Davis from WBAP out of Dallas/Ft. Wroth was filling in and spoke in the third hour with raving reviews of Oklahoma City, The National Memorial, OKC Thunder and recent news of the ruling by the Oklahoma Supreme Court on release of state employees birth dates. His words were a great message to the entire country that we are a great city.

Could we as a city ask for any better PR?

Transcript and podcast are available on the Rush Limbaugh web site but was able to find it elsewhere if you search some.

I suggest checking it out.

ljbab728
06-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Today on the Rush Limbaugh show, Mark Davis from WBAP out of Dallas/Ft. Wroth was filling in and spoke in the third hour with raving reviews of Oklahoma City, The National Memorial, OKC Thunder and recent news of the ruling by the Oklahoma Supreme Court on release of state employees birth dates. His words were a great message to the entire country that we are a great city.

Could we as a city ask for any better PR?

Transcript and podcast are available on the Rush Limbaugh web site but was able to find it elsewhere if you search some.

I suggest checking it out.

Good publicity is welcomed no matter where it comes from but I hope we can find better platforms than the Rush Limbaugh Show. LOL

mrktguy29
06-28-2011, 11:27 PM
It was not publicity put out there by an Oklahoman. The host (like I said, Mark Davis, not Rush) made great comments about his experience about the city. It was nothing political but encouraged people to think of OKC when planning trips which is good no matter the audience.

jstaylor62
06-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Good publicity is welcomed no matter where it comes from but I hope we can find better platforms than the Rush Limbaugh Show. LOL

Yeah, its a dag gone shame that the three people listening to Air America missed it...

Celebrator
06-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Can someone possibly post that part of the transcript?

ljbab728
06-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Yeah, its a dag gone shame that the three people listening to Air America missed it...

Hardly pertinent to my point.

MadMonk
07-01-2011, 06:17 AM
When was OKC Talk mentioned? :tongue:

jstaylor62
07-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Hardly pertinent to my point.

Its very pertinet to your point. Your comment inferes that the Rush Limbaugh audience is not a acceptable target audience. My comment counters that the pitifully low ratings by Air America certainly doesnt make exposure to their audience any better of an option.

Steve
07-01-2011, 10:34 AM
I've obtained a copy of this show segment talking about Oklahoma City. Hopefully I'll have it at www.okccentral.com very soon.

Just the facts
07-01-2011, 10:59 AM

Not OKCTalk, it was OKC talk.

Steve
07-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Clip posted. Please do not copy audio to OKC Talk.

Celebrator
07-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks for posting that, Steve, I enjoyed hearing his take on our fair city.

ljbab728
07-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Its very pertinet to your point. Your comment inferes that the Rush Limbaugh audience is not a acceptable target audience. My comment counters that the pitifully low ratings by Air America certainly doesnt make exposure to their audience any better of an option.

Wrong, it's not pertinent to my point which had nothing to do with the number of listeners or political ideology. As I said any good publicity is welcome and Rush's audience is welcome to hear about our wonderful city and I hope it has a positive affect. It's just not the forum that you would normally go to for that kind of information and getting the same information in other places where people would normally go for advice on travel destinations would probably be more beneficial overall.

mrktguy29
07-04-2011, 12:32 AM
Thanks for posting Steve!

jstaylor62
07-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Wrong, it's not pertinent to my point which had nothing to do with the number of listeners or political ideology. As I said any good publicity is welcome and Rush's audience is welcome to hear about our wonderful city and I hope it has a positive affect. It's just not the forum that you would normally go to for that kind of information and getting the same information in other places where people would normally go for advice on travel destinations would probably be more beneficial overall.

So if I understand your point correctly, people are only receptive to potential travel destinations when listening to a show covering stories about travel destinations? So people that were watching TV and seeing fireworks display in Washington DC were wrong to think that travelling to Washington DC to watch the fireworks on the 4th of July would be an awesome trip? Or people watching a Cubs game and getting the idea to travel to Chicago to see a Cubs game would be fun were wrong becuase they were not getting their idea from an approved travel show.

More motivation comes from other than travel shows to get people to travel to a particular destination. Movies, tv shows, sporting events, weather news and many other sources are responsible for planting the seed for people to travel to a particular site.

ljbab728
07-05-2011, 10:24 PM
So if I understand your point correctly, people are only receptive to potential travel destinations when listening to a show covering stories about travel destinations? So people that were watching TV and seeing fireworks display in Washington DC were wrong to think that travelling to Washington DC to watch the fireworks on the 4th of July would be an awesome trip? Or people watching a Cubs game and getting the idea to travel to Chicago to see a Cubs game would be fun were wrong becuase they were not getting their idea from an approved travel show.

More motivation comes from other than travel shows to get people to travel to a particular destination. Movies, tv shows, sporting events, weather news and many other sources are responsible for planting the seed for people to travel to a particular site.

No, you obviously don't get my point in the least since I said nothing like you suggested. I've been in the travel business for over 20 years so I do know a little about what motivates people and where they get their ideas.

Thunder
07-06-2011, 02:36 AM
Can someone possibly post that part of the transcript?

Yeah, full transcript (and audio) should be posted on here rather than external site. At least the transcript, since it was first requested before an external site got around to it. I'd like to read the full transcript, too.

My thoughts exactly when seeing the title. HAHAHAHAHA

jstaylor62
07-06-2011, 07:24 AM
No, you obviously don't get my point in the least since I said nothing like you suggested. I've been in the travel business for over 20 years so I do know a little about what motivates people and where they get their ideas.

Since you are in the business, do you have survey results or a study that supports your theory that a majority of people choose their travel destination based on a travel show versus other exposure? I just can not believe that people are going to Vegas based on what they have seen on a travel show. Or that college kids are choosing their springbreak spot based on a travel show. Or that families are choosing to travel to Disney World based solely on exposure to a travel show.

ljbab728
07-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Since you are in the business, do you have survey results or a study that supports your theory that a majority of people choose their travel destination based on a travel show versus other exposure? I just can not believe that people are going to Vegas based on what they have seen on a travel show. Or that college kids are choosing their springbreak spot based on a travel show. Or that families are choosing to travel to Disney World based solely on exposure to a travel show.

I think having over 20 years of experience gives me enough insight without having to take scientific surveys. I don't believe I mentioned a travel show (Thanks for putting words in my mouth). I deal with this every day. There is no universal place for information but I know what works for most people and where they look for information. It's not the Rush Limbaugh Show.
As I have said a couple of times, I welcome the publicity anyway and I'm not knocking it.