View Full Version : Oklahoma Dog??

Larry OKC
06-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Recently caught a snippit of one of the food tv shows of some place in MO(?) that has what they called the "Oklahoma Dog". No back story as to why it was called that and since the place was located in another state was curious but I digress. From what I remember it was a hot dog, wrapped in bacon then dipped in batter, deep fried and served on a bun. Think mustard was added as a topping.

Does anyone know of a place here in OKC that serves something like this?

jmarkross
06-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives...

Jesseda
06-21-2011, 11:48 AM
okay really, i enjoyed my cup of watermelon and cup of honeydew for lunch! i just read whata oklahoma dog is and now my mouth is watering!!!

Thunder
06-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Nothing like a good ole weenie in Oklahoma!

kevinpate
06-21-2011, 02:27 PM
... a hot dog, wrapped in bacon then dipped in batter, deep fried and served on a bun. Think mustard was added as a topping. ...

... a hot dog, wrapped in bacon then dipped in batter, deep fried and served on a bun. Think mustard was added as a topping. ...

That's it. The ability to do more work is officially kaput. I'm either gonna have to go find one, or go home and make one.

Thunder
06-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Its the weenie, Kevin, the weenie! OMG, where can I find one? I never see any places have this. :-O

jmarkross
06-21-2011, 03:18 PM
That's it. The ability to do more work is officially kaput. I'm either gonna have to go find one, or go home and make one.

Make one at home. Oscar Mayer Bacon...and a Ball Park Frank...I'd fry it in peanut oil...seved on a DeLuxe Mrs. Baird's Bun--they are all separate--not conjoined like siamese twins...

Okiegirl81
06-22-2011, 02:20 PM
I never understood why its called an OK dog when its dipped in a KC beer batter...

The Oklahoma
Blvd beer battered deep fried hot dog wrapped in bacon served with onion and mustard Not for the faint of heart !! $6.95