View Full Version : Bricktown Bar Tour

zaneyjaney
06-14-2011, 12:30 PM
If a group of ladies (late 30's/ early 40's) were to go out in Bricktown for the evening, where would you go?
We are taking a friend out to celebrate her upcoming wedding, but it's not a veil wearing, matching t-shirt, overly drunk bachelorette party. ha! Just want some good drinks and a little dancing.
Thanks!

Barry Luxton
06-14-2011, 01:17 PM
This is the first time this person has posted here since they signed up over two years ago. This must be a pretty serious situation.

zaneyjaney
06-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Wow Barry! Aren't YOU witty?
Just asking for a little help . People like you are the reason I haven't posted earlier.

tburn
06-14-2011, 01:24 PM
I don't go to Bricktown very often but I went to JJ's Alley for a drink before my 20th highschool reunion -- and we went back after too.

It's a small place, 3 stories, sometimes live music -- we liked it!

Also Bolero's is pretty cool - over by the Harkin theatre.
Spanish style tapas, red & white sangria, neat looking bar with huge doors that open onto the canal.

Pete
06-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Nonna's Purple Bar (http://www.purplebarokc.com/) is a great place to get drinks -- their upstairs bar is beautiful and spacious and not filled with drunk 20 year-olds.

Also, Drinkz (http://www.drinkzbar.com/index.html) is a great spot. Might have a DJ later?

Skyy Bar and Citywalk have dance music, but the crowds are generally pretty young.

ROK Bar has live music.

tburn
06-14-2011, 01:34 PM
ooops you said dancing -- I haven't danced in 20 years so I have no idea where to go in Bricktown that you won't be surrounded by annoying guys & girls.

Barry Luxton
06-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Just asking for a little help . People like you are the reason I haven't posted earlier.

Take it easy, zaneyjaney, it was just a callback to a similar post from yesterday.

bandnerd
06-14-2011, 05:13 PM
I second Drinkz. The bartender has always been very happy to oblige me whenever I've ventured in there. It's also cool, and dark, which sounds lovely on a hot day like today!

I also second Purple bar. They've had great snacks in the past, too. It's been awhile since I've been to either place, however.

If you want dancing without the teeny bopper crowd, you might have to get out of Bricktown and find a more...adult place. Groovy's isn't too far (nw expressway), and plays disco/80s music and can be a lot of fun.

OKCisOK4me
06-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Yeah, and honestly, you could hit up Russell's inside of the Mariott on NW Expressway & Independence.

Easy180
06-14-2011, 05:54 PM
I third Drinkz...Normally my go to bar in bricktown

BDK
06-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Man, I had no idea Drinkz was a good bar. I'll definitely be checking it out soon. Purple Bar is always classy and low-key; J.J.'s is probably my favorite dive in town. if you want to start outside of Bricktown just a little, Red Prime has a reasonable happy hour.

dankrutka
06-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Based on your description, I'd say you should start at Purple Bar, go to Michael Murphy's Dueling Piano Bar, and then head to Drinkz. Drinkz is hit or miss though. A back up might to Drinkz might be Skky Bar. I think it's better for what you're saying than Rok, City, or the other places for the young folk.

ljbab728
06-14-2011, 10:38 PM

Thanks for posting, zaneyjaney. There are countless more frivolous things being discussed here than your topic. Whether you post once every couple of years or every night doesn't matter in the least.

BoulderSooner
06-15-2011, 10:27 AM
purple bar then mickey mantles bar (live music) then to michael murphys then JJ's alley and or drinkz

Rewardsnetwork
06-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Tons to chose from but free parking nearby and sangria at Bolero is a must for a group of ladies. I'd start there to get warmed up.