View Full Version : Best Buy Literally Stinks!

Brett
06-14-2011, 04:44 AM
I dropped by the Best Buy @ NW 58th & May Ave this weekend. Upon walking into the store, I was immediately hit an overpowering cloud of funky body odor. I choked and gasped for clean air. I haven't smelt a stench this bad since attending classes in Dale Hall at OU. How do you tell a store manager that their store has a hygiene issue?

Thunder
06-14-2011, 05:00 AM
You shouldn't blame Best Buy for customers' poor hygiene situation. :-/

Just go to the customer services desk and request for the store manager on duty.

jmarkross
06-14-2011, 08:15 AM
I dropped by the Best Buy @ NW 58th & May Ave this weekend. Upon walking into the store, I was immediately hit an overpowering cloud of funky body odor. I choked and gasped for clean air. I haven't smelt a stench this bad since attending classes in Dale Hall at OU. How do you tell a store manager that their store has a hygiene issue?

Sometimes--the person does not realize it. Do the right thing and say..."you have an appalling odor about you, but I am sure you are unaware of it. You may well have a health issue." There really is nothing else you can do that falls under the realm of good manners. It works.

HewenttoJared
06-14-2011, 08:21 AM
That store is the black sheep of the metro Best Buy family.

sacolton
06-14-2011, 10:24 AM

Most likely, you walked into someones fart cloud.

OKCisOK4me
06-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Wear some plugs in your nose next time. I have yet to have any issue with that store whatsoever.

HewenttoJared
06-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Wear some plugs in your nose next time. I have yet to have any issue with that store whatsoever.
!
How? Have you visited another best buy? That place is awful. It's dirty, the employees are less knowledgable than a walmart... Ive literally never had a good thing to say about that place.

MikeOKC
06-14-2011, 12:51 PM

I'm in that store quite often and have never noticed anything like that. I think that must have been something strange that day. As for that Best Buy being the 'black sheep' what do the sales figures show? Because I have heard it's near the top in the metro.

OKCisOK4me
06-14-2011, 01:08 PM
!
How? Have you visited another best buy? That place is awful. It's dirty, the employees are less knowledgable than a walmart... Ive literally never had a good thing to say about that place.

Well, considering I live in the same zip code as that Best Buy, I don't really have to go to another one & if I did, it'd be the one on Memorial. Yeah, that's a cool set up up there.

Also, I'm the type of tech customer that, if I know what I want (which includes research--online reviews from consumers who have bought the product and www.consumerreports.org) then I go and get it. When one of their "un-knowledgeable" staff members comes up to ask if I need help, I politely tell them I've got it under control. If I sincerely have a question I will find an employee on my own, but generally, I don't have to ask questions.

Sorry, your experiences are poor.

silvergrove
06-14-2011, 03:29 PM
I dropped by the Best Buy @ NW 58th & May Ave this weekend.
Upon walking into the store, I was immediately hit an
overpowering cloud of funky BO. I choked and gasped for clean
air. I haven't smelt a stench this bad since attending classes in
Dale Hall at OU. How do you tell a store manager that their
store has a hygiene issue? BO really stinks and you know it!

Fixed this for you (in light teasing of a certain poster). Anyways, are you sure it's not a mold issue?

OKCisOK4me
06-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Personally, I think Target at 50th & May has a musty smell to it when you walk in. I don't know what it is, but it is particular to that store at that location only!

Bunty
06-14-2011, 06:22 PM
You shouldn't blame Best Buy for customers' poor hygiene situation. :-/

Just go to the customer services desk and request for the store manager on duty.

Or it's one of the workers in which the manager better say to the person shape up or ship out.