View Full Version : Woman dies after Rhinoplasty

mranderson
03-24-2005, 02:53 PM
A woman in New York City died as a result of a Rhinoplasty procedure. Her physician is said to be the most sued doctor in New York City. The autopsy was conclusive, but the doctor is claiming she died of cardiac arrest.

What do you think of this? Does this thought scare you away from this type of surgery?

To read the story, go to channel Oklahoma.com

Midtowner
03-24-2005, 02:55 PM
No, it just shines a bright, bright light on how the medical insurance industry has failed to police itself. If nothing else, this Doctor shouldn't be able to find insurance or be able to practice medicine because of their incompetance.

Patrick
03-28-2005, 08:58 PM
I don't understand why malpractice unsruance providers continue to offer this physician a policy. That's the scary part. Also, if he's been sud that many times, why hasn't the medical association stripped his license from him? I honestly don't think you'd see this in our state, hopefully! I'd be outraged if something like this happened here, because I'd be paying for it some day in the malpractice insurance rates I'll be paying.

Midtowner
03-30-2005, 09:50 PM
I don't understand why malpractice unsruance providers continue to offer this physician a policy. That's the scary part. Also, if he's been sud that many times, why hasn't the medical association stripped his license from him? I honestly don't think you'd see this in our state, hopefully! I'd be outraged if something like this happened here, because I'd be paying for it some day in the malpractice insurance rates I'll be paying.

Because doctors/the insurance industry would rather blame lawyers for their high premiums..?

That it maybe?