View Full Version : Litter

Midtowner
03-24-2005, 08:23 AM
What cat litter do y'all use?

I'm using the arm & hammer flushable stuff (mainly because I hate having to keep the litter in a bag in my apartment). It covers the stink pretty well, except when one of my cats spends the morning playing in his cat litter stinking up half the apartment...

sweetdaisy
03-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Y'know, every time I go to the store to buy litter, I never see the A&H flushable. I was wondering how "flushable" it really is.

I usually stick to Fresh Step, though it doesn't seem like anything helps anymore. I don't know what the deal is, but it seems like my cat's movements get stinkier all the time. :( I wish I had tried to toilet train them.

I'm also thinking about buying another "Litter Maid" litter box (the last one broke after a couple of years), hoping that will help the odor. I'm at my wits end on this.

dirtrider73068
03-24-2005, 05:43 PM
I go with the tidy cats muti cat formula adn its pretty good. Its scoopable too so thats a good thing.

Midtowner
03-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Y'know, every time I go to the store to buy litter, I never see the A&H flushable. I was wondering how "flushable" it really is.

I usually stick to Fresh Step, though it doesn't seem like anything helps anymore. I don't know what the deal is, but it seems like my cat's movements get stinkier all the time. :( I wish I had tried to toilet train them.

I'm also thinking about buying another "Litter Maid" litter box (the last one broke after a couple of years), hoping that will help the odor. I'm at my wits end on this.

It's flushable so far.. Been using it for 3 months, no problems.

I understand that you can change the cat's diet to make its aroma less pungent.

sweetdaisy
03-25-2005, 08:27 AM
I understand that you can change the cat's diet to make its aroma less pungent.

I've tried changing the cats' diet several times, but nothing seems to help. One of them seems to have a food allergy (she loses hair and gets sick more often than one would expect), but none of the docs I've been to have been able to help. Between the 2 of them, I'm not sure what to do. My boy is a picky eater, and my girl eats whatever I give her, but gets sick more often. Poor thing. :(

Any food suggestions?

Midtowner
03-25-2005, 08:41 AM
I've tried changing the cats' diet several times, but nothing seems to help. One of them seems to have a food allergy (she loses hair and gets sick more often than one would expect), but none of the docs I've been to have been able to help. Between the 2 of them, I'm not sure what to do. My boy is a picky eater, and my girl eats whatever I give her, but gets sick more often. Poor thing. :(

Any food suggestions?

Have you checked out what Petsmart has on the Science Diet aisle? We feed our cats only Science Diet food. While they sometimes stink, it's usually because they just seem to have waaay too good a time in the litter box.

sweetdaisy
03-25-2005, 02:25 PM
You have some sick kitties, man. Do they take a magazine or the newspaper with them, too? ;-)

I have tried Science Diet in the past, and my Pugsley won't eat it. But I guess if he got hungry enough... Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a whirl.

ILuvCats
03-28-2005, 10:40 PM
I use Feline Pine. As long as you scoop the Poop it doesn't stink. It is by far the best litter I've ever used.

John
03-29-2005, 03:09 PM
What's worked best for me.

Litter: Arm & Hammer Baking Soda Crystal Blend (blue box)

Food: Nutro Natural Choice Complete Care Indoor Formula (white and green package)

With both of those, there isn't any stink. I think the key factor is the indoor formula food. It seems to neutrolize the ammonia-ish odor of the cat pee. Also, the baking soda helps to eat up any odor present.

Good luck!

sweetdaisy
04-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey! I got my kitties on Science Diet for sensitive stomachs and my girl isn't puking anymore. Plus, no more loose stools. YAY! Now I just have to get that blasted Litter Maid box, and I'll be home free. :)