View Full Version : MTV reality show in OKC?

OKC Heel
06-03-2011, 01:01 PM
My brother is a choreographer/director in LA and he just called to tell me that one of his friends - a cameraman who has worked on multiple mtv productions including several real world seasons, is on his way to Oklahoma for several months bc of a show they're shooting here. This was the first i've heard of this and wondered if anyone here knew anything about it.

Roadhawg
06-03-2011, 01:09 PM
anybody remember when MTV used to play music videos? I remember when it 1st came on the air... now it's nothing but Jersey Shore stuff.

soonerkev
06-03-2011, 02:32 PM
If I had to bet, its probably that stupid show 16 and Pregnant.

BBatesokc
06-03-2011, 02:44 PM
If I had to bet, its probably that stupid show 16 and Pregnant.

Nah, ours would be, "14, Pregnant, Baby Daddy's Gone and Junior High Drop Out."

Achilleslastand
06-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Nah, ours would be, "14, Pregnant, Baby Daddy's Gone and Junior High Drop Out."

Hahaha....................

Jersey Boss
06-03-2011, 04:37 PM
anybody remember when MTV used to play music videos? I remember when it 1st came on the air... now it's nothing but Jersey Shore stuff.

Video killed the radio star.

Questor
06-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Internet killed the video star.

UnFrSaKn
06-03-2011, 05:04 PM
A reality show of this.

http://okienoodling.com/

bluedogok
06-03-2011, 07:02 PM
I quit watching it when they quit playing videos, I still watch Palladia some, mostly search what is coming up and record concerts, HD music video, pretty nice.

Internet killed the video star.
Viacom killed it, pretty much before the the internet got a serious foothold. After they bought up the MTV networks and started focusing on rating systems instead of the core audience. They also ruined CMT after they bought it turning it into (lack of) redneck reality TV.

Roadhawg
06-04-2011, 11:24 AM
I quit watching it when they quit playing videos, I still watch Palladia some, mostly search what is coming up and record concerts, HD music video, pretty nice.

I still watch VH1 Classics now and then. They have a couple good shows and some old concerts.

kevinpate
06-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Could be another episode of MADE (they aired one out of Norman North back in early-mid winter.)
Could be another If You Really Knew Me (they aired one out of PC West last year)
Could be any number of their regular offerings that I never watch. I know about the above because my recent grad knew someone in the IYRKM and most who were shown in that MADE episode.

metro
06-04-2011, 12:01 PM
They also usually lease temp flex space at the office building on east wharf on lake Hefner for projects

MikeOKC
06-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Video Killed The Radio Star was the first video they played on MTV. It was a big deal. Now, it's just more reality crap. I know a lot of people like that stuff, but I just don't get it.

Achilleslastand
06-04-2011, 02:43 PM
MTV used to be pretty good back in the day then around the mid 90s they stopped playing actual music or anything that could be defined as actual music. It caters to the urban crowd just like McDonalds and KFC and they can all three vanish for all i care.

Brett
06-05-2011, 06:01 PM
MTV/OKC Trivia: Shelly Spottedhorse from the first season of MTV's Road Rules is from OKC.

Larry OKC
06-07-2011, 01:43 AM
So many of the specialty cable channels are losing their identity All of the ones above to CMT running Married with Children. How does that fit in with the country/rural demo? It was set in Chicago. Granted some of the characters were trailer trashesque, but still...

kevinpate
06-07-2011, 07:58 AM
So many of the specialty cable channels are losing their identity All of the ones above to CMT running Married with Children. How does that fit in with the country/rural demo? It was set in Chicago. Granted some of the characters were trailer trashesque, but still...

Country music fans like chuckling at city folk, especially the ones who act like the folks down in trailer 42.

jstaylor62
06-09-2011, 10:30 AM

Back in the day, I would just leave MTV on all the time becuase they played music videos. Anytime I heard Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love" or "Simply Irresistible", I managed somehow to stop what I was doing and dedicate some viewing time. Now MTV is just crap...

OKCisOK4me
06-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Yo MTV Raps! Now you have to catch it on MTV2 at 2:30 in the morning... one reason I don't have cable. If you guys have over the air TV like me, check out 34-2, TheCOOLTV. It's a smorgasbord of music videos 24/7!

RadioOKC
06-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Yo MTV Raps! Now you have to catch it on MTV2 at 2:30 in the morning... one reason I don't have cable. If you guys have over the air TV like me, check out 34-2, TheCOOLTV. It's a smorgasbord of music videos 24/7!

I have been checking that out myself. The have a pretty extensive collection of videos. It seems like all the OKC subchannels have picked it up a notch or two. 4.3 is carrying old sitcoms, Channel 9 is restreaming the last newscast that aired, 25.2 has a Country Music channel (what CMT used to be). It's actually worth the 20 bucks to get an off air antenna.

Chris
www.radiookc.com

Questor
06-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Viacom killed it, pretty much before the the internet got a serious foothold. After they bought up the MTV networks and started focusing on rating systems instead of the core audience. They also ruined CMT after they bought it turning it into (lack of) redneck reality TV.

Ah you took my post too literally. I was quoting a song by The Limosines, which is a reference to the song by The Buggles that Jersey Boss was referencing.

EjFXUqSdatU

graybilljeff@yahoo.com
06-15-2011, 06:41 PM
They were at Carl Albert High school in MWC shooting a Made series about a girl trying to make the cheer squad, but that I'm pretty sure that they ending their shooting in late April or the 1st of May.