View Full Version : Water Utilities Customer Service

bornhere
05-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Maybe this happened a while ago and I didn't know it, but I went by 420 West Main to pay my water bill and discovered the city has closed the payment center for water bills, permits and so on. I live close enough to downtown that it was just as easy to stop there and pay as it was to mail it in, so this is a little annoying.

bornhere
05-31-2011, 07:33 AM
So I went home and attempted to pay the bill online for the first time. I had to create a user account, and was then told to wait up to 24 hours while an 'administrator' personally approved my login – like a FidoNet BBS or something. Fortunately, that actually got turned around pretty quickly, but then when I logged in, I got an error msg saying the server was down for maintenance, which occurs daily from 11:45 pm to 12:15 am, or just whenever.

They can move heaven and earth to get Larry Nichols the custom bathroom fixtures he wants for his personal Devon Gardens restaurant, but basic services, well, not so much.

bornhere
05-31-2011, 07:41 AM
And then, when you finally get logged in, it doesn't tell you how much you owe, you tell it how much you owe... and when. WTF?!

rcjunkie
05-31-2011, 08:49 AM
And then, when you finally get logged in, it doesn't tell you how much you owe, you tell it how much you owe... and when. WTF?!

Set up automatic pay and your troubles are cured.

LakeEffect
05-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Maybe this happened a while ago and I didn't know it, but I went by 420 West Main to pay my water bill and discovered the city has closed the payment center for water bills, permits and so on. I live close enough to downtown that it was just as easy to stop there and pay as it was to mail it in, so this is a little annoying.

How do you know it was closed? It looks open to me...

FritterGirl
05-31-2011, 01:53 PM
Bornhere, when did you go by? All City offices were closed yesterday - Monday, May 30, for the Memorial Day holiday.

I just walked downstairs and things were business as usual. They're open as open can be. Regular hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., unless closed for City holidays.

bornhere
05-31-2011, 03:08 PM
I was there at about eight and there was a sign taped to the door saying it was closed. Lights all out, nobody there. I assumed from the way it was worded the closing was permanent.

FritterGirl
05-31-2011, 03:47 PM
I was there at about eight and there was a sign taped to the door saying it was closed. Lights all out, nobody there. I assumed from the way it was worded the closing was permanent.

Yikes. I'm going to guess that the sign was from when they had closed yesterday. They may want to be more specific in the future.