View Full Version : Edmond vs. Moore

Pages : [1] 2

Soonerinfiniti
05-27-2011, 06:21 AM
It is incredible how successful Moore has been with their welcoming of retail development at SE 19th and I-35. They continue to attract retailers - when 5 Guys Burgers comes to town, where do they go? Not Edmond, but Moore!

I had heard that the City of Moore was very generous with incentives (paying for utilities, etc.) to attract retailers, and it appears to have worked. Meanwhile, the City of Edmond has a reputation of being very difficult to work with. Case in point - Fox Lake development. At one time, Sam's Club and Warren Theaters wanted to go in there. Today, just a pile of red dirt.

Some would say that the recession has stalled development. Sure hasn't stalled it in Moore!

Easy180
05-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Here come the Moore jabs lol

Having the Warren is about the only thing that sets us apart from the metro but I am certainly enjoying the retail explosion now that gas prices are so high...With Target going in we will have pretty much everything we need within 3 miles of us

soonerkev
05-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Yes Moore has been generous with incentives, but the City of Moore also has a top notch Economic Development and Marketing Department. I will assure you that there will be more surprises in the future and many new businesses that are no where else in the state!

G.Walker
05-27-2011, 07:17 AM
I recently moved to Moore from Norman, and its not all its cracked up to be. Moore is just a housing and retail hub, that gains most of its business from I-35 traffic. There is no art and culture in Moore. The public parks are limited also. Most of the public amenities are old, and needs to be upgraded. Moore is still a young city, it has a long way to go. Restaurants and clothing stores don't make a great city...

G.Walker
05-27-2011, 07:26 AM
Commuters are deceived by the great retail that adorns each side of I-35, believing Moore is just this great growing city. Do not be fooled, because outside of that, there is nothing.

Easy180
05-27-2011, 07:33 AM
You not know all of this before moving?

But I do agree with a lot of what you say...The main attraction is location and a little better school system than OKC

Charlie40
05-27-2011, 07:52 AM
Yes Moore has been generous with incentives, but the City of Moore also has a top notch Economic Development and Marketing Department. I will assure you that there will be more surprises in the future and many new businesses that are no where else in the state!

Yes, I was reading about some big suprises comming to the Warren about 6 months after the new Warren I Max opens look for another big announcement from them.

soonerkev
05-27-2011, 07:54 AM
It's hard to compare Moore with Norman and Edmond when it comes to Art and Culture scenes. Both of those cities have a huge advantage based solely on the fact that they have large universities there. But Moore does have an up and coming Art and Culture scene. Old Town has begun an Art Walk the 3rd Friday of every month. The upstairs of Old School is becoming an Artist Colony with the likes of Dana Helms the Upside Down Artist, and about 4 other artists. Colorful Studios has also opened upstairs and you must check them out. Their studio and work is top notch colorfulstudio.com, give it a look. Also in late July their will be an independent film festival from the 21st to 23rd I believe.

EdmondBrad
05-27-2011, 09:36 AM
It is incredible how successful Moore has been with their welcoming of retail development at SE 19th and I-35. They continue to attract retailers - when 5 Guys Burgers comes to town, where do they go? Not Edmond, but Moore!

I had heard that the City of Moore was very generous with incentives (paying for utilities, etc.) to attract retailers, and it appears to have worked. Meanwhile, the City of Edmond has a reputation of being very difficult to work with. Case in point - Fox Lake development. At one time, Sam's Club and Warren Theaters wanted to go in there. Today, just a pile of red dirt.

Some would say that the recession has stalled development. Sure hasn't stalled it in Moore!

Are you seriously taking a dig at Edmond because Moore can attract a chain burger joint and a movie theater? I don't know anyone in Edmond who wants that stuff here. Good luck with that. Edmond is more focused on education, parks, safety, art etc....ie a good place to raise children....and I'm glad the city is difficult to work with...I appreciate the aesthetic hoops that businesses have to jump through to build here. That's one of the many reasons why 1)people want to move their families here and 2)my home value is much higher than the same home anywhere in Moore.

Jesseda
05-27-2011, 10:05 AM
EDMONDBRAD lol your name says it all, to me edmond is nothing to look at, but hey, in th metro there really isnt anything to go ohh and awwww. moore is really family friendly , the city has a lot of fun family events going on year round.. edmond probably does to, but who cares what edmond has or doesnt I dont live there or visit the place, since their really isnt anything special in edmond, so no need to bash it, there is no need to bash edmond or moore. Moore has been in the spotlight for a couple years with business development, new schools and large homes being built all around the city, so who cares if moore is the hub right now, maybe in 5 years it will be piedmont, yukon or mustang....

earlywinegareth
05-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Moore has also built much nicer subdivisions in the past 10 years or so. School system is good, about on par with Norman, and quite a lot better than OKC. IMO the ranking of the large school systems in the area goes: Edmond/Deer Creek, Moore/Norman, Yukon/Mustang/PC, Mid/Del/Choctaw, then OKC.

But truthfully, there's not a whole lot of difference between Edmond, Moore, Norman, Yukon, or Mustang - they all offer good quality of living.

soonerkev
05-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Are you seriously taking a dig at Edmond because Moore can attract a chain burger joint and a movie theater? I don't know anyone in Edmond who wants that stuff here. Good luck with that. Edmond is more focused on education, parks, safety, art etc....ie a good place to raise children....and I'm glad the city is difficult to work with...I appreciate the aesthetic hoops that businesses have to jump through to build here. That's one of the many reasons why 1)people want to move their families here and 2)my home value is much higher than the same home anywhere in Moore.

Typical arrogant Edmond response. Go ahead and live in your fairy tale dream land. Heck you might as well move to Plano, Mckinney or any of those typical Dallas suburbs so you can live the 30,000 dollar millionaire life. I dont want to hear you complain when your city is having budget issues and having to do hiring freezes/layoffs and they dont have money to repair your aging infrastructure. Because let me tell you Edmond is not far off from that and will be in the same boat as Norman if they don't change their stance on alot of things. The number one culprit for this problem is a decreasing or stagnant sales tax base. Go ahead and say I am full of it, but I interact on a weekly basis with employees of the City of Edmond and this is coming straight from their mouths.

EdmondBrad
05-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Typical arrogant Edmond response. Go ahead and live in your fairy tale dream land. Heck you might as well move to Plano, Mckinney or any of those typical Dallas suburbs so you can live the 30,000 dollar millionaire life. I dont want to hear you complain when your city is having budget issues and having to do hiring freezes/layoffs and they dont have money to repair your aging infrastructure. Because let me tell you Edmond is not far off from that and will be in the same boat as Norman if they don't change their stance on alot of things. The number one culprit for this problem is a decreasing or stagnant sales tax base. Go ahead and say I am full of it, but I interact on a weekly basis with employees of the City of Edmond and this is coming straight from their mouths.

I'm not sure what I said that was arrogant....just stating why people like to live here. I do thinks it's rich when someone comes to a forum for which the topic is a city (Emond) in which they don't live in to make a statement regarding why their city is better than the other. Especially in light of Edmond having one of the three most highly regarded school sytems in the state and the fact that Edmond is rank as the 35th best place to live in the US by CNN/Money....there are 3 other Oklahoma cities that are in the top 100, but Moore is not one of them. Seems city planners are doing something right...even without the extra burger restaurant. This all just sounds like "sour grapes".

EdmondBrad
05-27-2011, 11:43 AM

Additionally, regarding the tax base, funds for infrastructure, etc......the Moore city population is 65% of Edmond's population while the Moore city budget is less than half (48%) of Edmond's city budget.

earlywinegareth
05-27-2011, 11:47 AM
It's not Moore's fault they don't have a state university. That is a factor in those "best places" rankings. IMO, Norman offers the best overall living experience in the state (I grew up there & graduated from OU) although the traffic is awful...but it it makes you feel better, let's all bow down and be awed by the greatness of Edmond, lol!

earlywinegareth
05-27-2011, 11:50 AM
EdmondBrad, so you're boasting that Edmond is less efficient spending its tax dollars compared to Moore? You sure you wanted to say that??

Soonerinfiniti
05-27-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't live in Moore either - I am just interested as to why no national retailers are coming to Edmond? Edmond always touts its stat that over half its residents have a college degree. Most affluent suburbs have national retailers. What is the City of Edmond doing wrong?

EdmondBrad
05-27-2011, 12:01 PM
EdmondBrad, so you're boasting that Edmond is less efficient spending its tax dollars compared to Moore? You sure you wanted to say that??

No. Refuting the implication that one city has less money to spend/inferior tax base than another.....it's always nice to be able to reason with the facts rather than anecdotal "friends I know".

EdmondBrad
05-27-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't live in Moore either - I am just interested as to why no national retailers are coming to Edmond? Edmond always touts its stat that over half its residents have a college degree. Most affluent suburbs have national retailers. What is the City of Edmond doing wrong?

Which national retailers are you referring to?

Soonerinfiniti
05-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Genghis Grill and 5 Guys Burgers come to mind. True, not Restoration Hardware, but I still wonder why they chose Moore over Edmond. What is Edmond doing wrong in its quest for more retail sales tax dollars? Should Edmond be trying to attract smaller tenants like 5 Guys, or should they continue their quest for a convention center?

EdmondBrad
05-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Genghis Grill and 5 Guys Burgers come to mind. True, not Restoration Hardware, but I still wonder why they chose Moore over Edmond. What is Edmond doing wrong in its quest for more retail sales tax dollars? Should Edmond be trying to attract smaller tenants like 5 Guys, or should they continue their quest for a convention center?

I don't have a clue why those fast food restaurants built in Moore. I honestly never heard of either one until today. Maybe the demographic of Moore is one that is most likely to eat fast food....this is probably a question for their management. I do think it's kind of strange that because Edmond doesn't have these two restaurants, you make the statement that Edmond has no national retailers.

Spartan
05-27-2011, 12:41 PM
I think we should probably stop pretending that Edmond is all that different from Moore.

Jesseda
05-27-2011, 12:58 PM
the only difference really is the college, and that edmond has more trees.. both are nice place to live,, moore just seems to be the it thing with businesses right now thats all..

earlywinegareth
05-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Moore has Toby Keith, Edmond has Shannon Miller. Moore > Edmond.

EdmondBrad
05-27-2011, 01:09 PM

This thread reminds me of the little guy with the inferiority complex that tries to start a fight every time he goes to a bar.

kevinpate
05-27-2011, 01:10 PM

Toby left Moore. Didn't Shannon stay Edmond?
+1 Edmond

Toby is now in Norman, As are Bart and Nadia and Barry.
So sorry, but thanks for playing all the same.

earlywinegareth
05-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Edmond, original home of the act of "going postal" and a hideously oversized Christian icon.

-2 Edmond

Next!

EdmondBrad
05-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Edmond, original home of the act of "going postal" and a hideously oversized Christian icon.

-2 Edmond

Next!

earlywinegareth....No class.

earlywinegareth
05-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Oh come on, it's just a game that is played over and over in this forum...OU vs oSu, OKC vs Tulsa, northside vs southside...all ridiculous.

Spartan
05-27-2011, 01:59 PM
This thread reminds me of the little guy with the inferiority complex that tries to start a fight every time he goes to a bar.

I won't even mention what this thread reminds me of. But arguing between Moore and Edmond is pointless. Both are middle-class suburbs that think they're a lot better than they really are. Edmond promotes itself as an upscale residential paradise (hahaha) and Moore promotes itself as a busy commercial hub (ironic considering it's nothing more than strip malls).

progressiveboy
05-27-2011, 02:52 PM
I think we should probably stop pretending that Edmond is all that different from Moore. Perhaps Moore should stop pretending that they are different from Edmond. I would choose Edmond over Moore anyday.

Questor
05-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah, topics like this posted on the board you are comparing your city to really are flame bait. That being said, if you can remain dispassionate there are good things and bad things to learn about each suburb. No one place in the metro really has it all.

I like the fact that buildings and landscaping in Edmond look much nicer than in most of the metro. I like the fact that national chain restaurants and businesses are always likely to locate there. But I don't agree that Edmond's treeless parks or family-focused society offers anything of cultural significance. There are lots of churches if you are looking for that sort of fellowship, but very few pubs or fun 'hang outs' for meeting up with or finding new friends. I also like the fact that many of the new houses there have modern amenities you would find in other states, although I would by no means call any of the housing there contemporary.

I like the fact that Norman really does have a vibe all to its own, and that there are so many cool locally owned bars and restaurants to hang out at, great parks that are full trees, a vibrant university, and some sort of music or art festival almost every month of the year. But on the other hand, I think the town looks like it has been trashed by college kids. The east side is very 1980s looking, and the west side is sort of a perfect storm of money and McMansionery. I just don't find it appealing. Also, the retail is really bad in Norman. The city seemed to try to correct that with University North Park, but what they ended up with doesn't look like any Lifestyle center I have ever visited (yuck).

Suburbs like Moore, Yukon, Warr Acres, Bethany, etc. I sort of lump together... large bedroom communities with retail that appeals mostly to passers-through that do not really have much going on there. Of all of those I would probably say that Moore is the leader at the moment but I can see Yukon taking that spot as more development continues out there, although I don't know that either has much to brag about.

Midwest City is an interesting animal. Years ago there was not much going on there at all (other than the base of course) and the place looked absolutely horrible. I am not sure what happened but it is amazing the transformation that community has gone through... Could Town Center be the best retail development in the city? Possibly! I am very impressed with the logical layout of the place and the types of diverse retail attracted, and am amazed that large portions of it are so pedestrian-friendly. It is also impressive that so many "80s looking" strip malls around town are being torn down or having their facade replaced with things that look so much nicer. It has unarguably some of the strongest corporate and government activity in the state. But it still lacks what I would call evening attractions, festivals, and I do not consider the housing in the area 'adequate' although that too does seem to slowly be changing.

Some of the inner-city 'suburbs,' if they can be called that, might offer some of the best amenities. Nichols Hills has a lot of good things going for it... nice housing, good landscaping, and ever-increasing retail thanks to Chesapeake. But at the same time there is not exactly that much new housing development going on, and what is going on is largely out of reach for most people. Plus the vibe is decidedly 'gray haired.'

I actually wonder if five to ten years out if areas such as Heritage Hills or Mesta Park might not be the best places to live, if suburban life is what you are shooting for. If done correctly, I think that the rail lines that have been proposed to run from Bricktown up into those areas could make for some really interesting developments. Maybe in time those places have the best shot at becoming that ultimate suburb that so far eludes this city.

Spartan
05-27-2011, 03:37 PM
I would agree that the Midwest City Town Center so far takes the prize as the most surprising and positive suburban retail development. And that Norman's University Town Center was a big failure.

earlywinegareth
05-27-2011, 03:54 PM
So just so everyone remembers the #1 rule of this game: where I live > where you live. Got it? Good.

Spartan
05-27-2011, 04:39 PM
So just so everyone remembers the #1 rule of this game: where I live > where you live. Got it? Good.

This is where Sparty reminds the board that he is currently living in some really awesome, far-away place, just for the benefit of those who might be playing OKC Talk Bingo. :P

Easy180
05-27-2011, 06:36 PM

This sums up these wars pretty well...I chose to live here so it is obviously the best in the state if not the country

rcjunkie
05-27-2011, 07:03 PM
With all the "petty", Edmond's better, no Moore's better, no Norman's better, BS, I'm glad I live at Lake Tenkiller and my nearest neighborhood is 1 1/2 miles away.

P.S. If I need to shop, Walley World here I come, if I want a good burger, I light the charcoal.

jn1780
05-27-2011, 10:50 PM
You gotta love an urban sprawl urination contest. Anyone who loves Moore's 19th street traffic must really love Edmond and all of its "19th streets".

Hollywood
05-29-2011, 12:29 AM
Edmond would be great if the 80's era City Council thinking progressed. Our city council still maintains the same line of thinking as the one which wouldn't allow Quail Springs to be built within the city. While they will not back development say at Covell and the 35, they will allow for more Section 8 apartments. It boggles my mind. At some point things will get worse. Housing will continue to boom. But the sales tax is going to plummet in comparison allowing for services to be lackluster for the population size. You can only get so much tax from convenience stores, dry cleaners and liquor stores. Until they open their minds and look further forward than what waste of money piece of art can we buy, we are screwed.

Spartan
05-29-2011, 05:18 AM
You gotta love an urban sprawl urination contest. Anyone who loves Moore's 19th street traffic must really love Edmond and all of its "19th streets".

This.

EdmondBrad
05-31-2011, 08:12 AM
With all the "petty", Edmond's better, no Moore's better, no Norman's better, BS, I'm glad I live at Lake Tenkiller and my nearest neighborhood is 1 1/2 miles away.

P.S. If I need to shop, Walley World here I come, if I want a good burger, I light the charcoal.

Edmond and Moore have nothing to rival Smokehouse, Big Daddy's, Fin and Feather and Jincey's!!!

SoonerDave
05-31-2011, 08:42 AM
I would respectfully suggest some of the participants on this thread go read the forum owner's "State of the Forum" message regarding civility.

Beyond that, those interested in more concrete reasons why Moore is experiencing growth should probably consider the fact that the I-35 shopping corridor that is evolving in that area is attracting one of the highest per-capita income districts in the state - far southwest Oklahoma City, in a region bounded roughly by SW 104th and Penn and extending as far south as SW 149th from May (perhaps even I-44) to Western. I think the city leaders in Moore would be the first to admit that their population base alone isn't capable of sustaining the retail growth they've seen, but as Oklahoma City in general and South OKC leaders in particular have allowed the I-240 corridor to more or less stagnate, they are glad to stand in the gap.

Why on earth this makes them better or worse than Edmond escapes me. Both areas have outstanding school systems, and each has its own benefits and drawbacks.

rcjunkie
05-31-2011, 08:48 AM
Edmond and Moore have nothing to rival Smokehouse, Big Daddy's, Fin and Feather and Jincey's!!!

So true, chicken fried steak and fried okra at Jincey's and catfish at Big Daddy's

venture
05-31-2011, 09:33 AM
I would respectfully suggest some of the participants on this thread go read the forum owner's "State of the Forum" message regarding civility. ....

.... Why on earth this makes them better or worse than Edmond escapes me. Both areas have outstanding school systems, and each has its own benefits and drawbacks.

Agree with your whole post...though I cut out the bulk of it in the quote. LOL

I understand there will always be some rivalries between cities and groups of people...however these are just getting ridiculous and how people on this forum are talking to each other is just uncalled for. Sometimes I wonder if people would speak the same way if Pete required us to use our full real name (instead of our usernames) and post our full address, phone number, and picture as our avatar.

Side note...I'm still waiting for the Edmond vs. Valley Brook thread.

EdmondBrad
05-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Side note...I'm still waiting for the Edmond vs. Valley Brook thread.

Hahaha....now that is vexing. Why do all the great exotic dancing establishments always overlook Edmond for the Valley Brook area?!?! Maybe we could go with that utility idea....those places are always dark. We should offer to pay the electric bill. Isn't dancing considered part of the art/culture scene?

td25er
05-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah, topics like this posted on the board you are comparing your city to really are flame bait. That being said, if you can remain dispassionate there are good things and bad things to learn about each suburb. No one place in the metro really has it all.

I like the fact that buildings and landscaping in Edmond look much nicer than in most of the metro. I like the fact that national chain restaurants and businesses are always likely to locate there. But I don't agree that Edmond's treeless parks or family-focused society offers anything of cultural significance. There are lots of churches if you are looking for that sort of fellowship, but very few pubs or fun 'hang outs' for meeting up with or finding new friends. I also like the fact that many of the new houses there have modern amenities you would find in other states, although I would by no means call any of the housing there contemporary.

I like the fact that Norman really does have a vibe all to its own, and that there are so many cool locally owned bars and restaurants to hang out at, great parks that are full trees, a vibrant university, and some sort of music or art festival almost every month of the year. But on the other hand, I think the town looks like it has been trashed by college kids. The east side is very 1980s looking, and the west side is sort of a perfect storm of money and McMansionery. I just don't find it appealing. Also, the retail is really bad in Norman. The city seemed to try to correct that with University North Park, but what they ended up with doesn't look like any Lifestyle center I have ever visited (yuck).

Suburbs like Moore, Yukon, Warr Acres, Bethany, etc. I sort of lump together... large bedroom communities with retail that appeals mostly to passers-through that do not really have much going on there. Of all of those I would probably say that Moore is the leader at the moment but I can see Yukon taking that spot as more development continues out there, although I don't know that either has much to brag about.

Midwest City is an interesting animal. Years ago there was not much going on there at all (other than the base of course) and the place looked absolutely horrible. I am not sure what happened but it is amazing the transformation that community has gone through... Could Town Center be the best retail development in the city? Possibly! I am very impressed with the logical layout of the place and the types of diverse retail attracted, and am amazed that large portions of it are so pedestrian-friendly. It is also impressive that so many "80s looking" strip malls around town are being torn down or having their facade replaced with things that look so much nicer. It has unarguably some of the strongest corporate and government activity in the state. But it still lacks what I would call evening attractions, festivals, and I do not consider the housing in the area 'adequate' although that too does seem to slowly be changing.

Some of the inner-city 'suburbs,' if they can be called that, might offer some of the best amenities. Nichols Hills has a lot of good things going for it... nice housing, good landscaping, and ever-increasing retail thanks to Chesapeake. But at the same time there is not exactly that much new housing development going on, and what is going on is largely out of reach for most people. Plus the vibe is decidedly 'gray haired.'

I actually wonder if five to ten years out if areas such as Heritage Hills or Mesta Park might not be the best places to live, if suburban life is what you are shooting for. If done correctly, I think that the rail lines that have been proposed to run from Bricktown up into those areas could make for some really interesting developments. Maybe in time those places have the best shot at becoming that ultimate suburb that so far eludes this city.

This is an ignorant statement. Treeless parks? Just wow.

Questor
06-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Fine maybe I overstated that. The parks in west Edmond are treeless. Only some of the parks are treeless in old Edmond.

EdmondBrad
06-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Fine maybe I overstated that. The parks in west Edmond are treeless. Only some of the parks are treeless in old Edmond.

Which parks are those?

Questor
06-01-2011, 07:37 PM
The ones in my neighborhood when I lived there? Edmond goes almost clear out west to the LHP, it doesn't stop at Broadway. Anyway wish everyone wouldn't get so hung up on one little statement out of paragraphs and paragraphs that I wrote. The whole point of the post, which people are missing, is that all okc suburbs have both their good and bad points and that because of that there is no reason to get defensive... Rather we should all learn about each other's Burb and try to better our own.

EdmondBrad
06-02-2011, 07:16 AM
The ones in my neighborhood when I lived there? Edmond goes almost clear out west to the LHP, it doesn't stop at Broadway. Anyway wish everyone wouldn't get so hung up on one little statement out of paragraphs and paragraphs that I wrote. The whole point of the post, which people are missing, is that all okc suburbs have both their good and bad points and that because of that there is no reason to get defensive... Rather we should all learn about each other's Burb and try to better our own.

Most of the west boundary of Edmond is just past Santa Fe. It goes as far as Pennsylvania but only along Covell. The school district boundary is a different story. There are no Edmond parks west of Santa Fe. Your "tree-less" parks may actually be OKC parks.

Patrick
06-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Is this thread for real? I'm not siding with either Edmond or Moore. But here are some facts.

Moore is indeed attracting retail development, but it's been stores like JC Penney, Gordmans, and Kohls, stores I wouldn't expect Edmond to be attracting. What upscale stores are they attracting? It's not like we saw Dillards or Macy's move there when they left Crossroads Mall.

As far as demographics go, you can't even compare the two. Moore's median household annual income is $55,000 vs $70,000 in Edmond. Median home price is $112,000 in Moore vs $191,000 in Edmond.

It's not saying one city is better than the other. But, it is true that folks living in Edmond tend to make more money and therefore want more upscale developments, so they're not going after the Tagets, JC Penneys, and Old Navys on the block.

Easy180
06-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Figures posted above are why we enjoy living in Moore...Can get a lot more house and 15 minutes to downtown

td25er
06-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Figures posted above are why we enjoy living in Moore...Can get a lot more house and 15 minutes to downtown

I could be wrong, but I would bet the lower average house price is partly from smaller houses in Moore.

Jesseda
06-08-2011, 10:04 AM
td25er look at the price per sq foot, moore home sq ft is a better value then the price in edmond, it has nothing to do with the house size if the sq footage price is different ( its funny how edmond people talk about who has more money all the time lol 70,000 a year is nothing really compared to other places, and think edmond pays more per sq foot, so i guess that gives people living in moore some extra money out of their 55,000 year average income to spend compared to edmond home owners lol) edmond homes average 191,000 compared moore 112,000 so thats 42 percent more to live in edmond.. but edomond resident income is only 22 percent higher then moore resident..i think a moore resident comes out with more spending money then edmond people due since the cost of living is so high in edmond lol

td25er
06-09-2011, 08:05 AM
td25er look at the price per sq foot, moore home sq ft is a better value then the price in edmond, it has nothing to do with the house size if the sq footage price is different ( its funny how edmond people talk about who has more money all the time lol 70,000 a year is nothing really compared to other places, and think edmond pays more per sq foot, so i guess that gives people living in moore some extra money out of their 55,000 year average income to spend compared to edmond home owners lol) edmond homes average 191,000 compared moore 112,000 so thats 42 percent more to live in edmond.. but edomond resident income is only 22 percent higher then moore resident..i think a moore resident comes out with more spending money then edmond people due since the cost of living is so high in edmond lol

Edmond median household income: 88,384. average hh income 117,636
Moore median 65,801. avg of 71,105

edmond average $/sqft is $96, 101, 102, 101, 109 depending on zip code
moore avg is 89, 92 depending on zip code

if u do the math, the ratio of edmond income to moore income is a lot higher than the ratio of edmond $/sqft to moore's

Broncho150
06-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Also not sure you can necessarily compare prices per sq ft as they are dependent on finishes. Trying to compare the ratio of income to home price to prove that homes in Moore are a better value only seems valid if you assume a similar level of finish details in both communities.

Jesseda
06-09-2011, 10:30 AM
not just homes but other things make edmonds cost of living higher then moore lol..i bet you guys think you guys are upbrookville,ny,atherton,cali,rollings hills cali,etc lol, i love it that you guys think you are all well off in edmond when edmond didnt make the top 300 most wealthiest town list in america.. its to funny.really funny. but please continue to put yourselves so high up their, because its it makes others continue to laugh...P.s this doesnt go for all edmond residence, just the ones that think their poo poo dont stink

sacolton
06-09-2011, 12:26 PM
My poo poo stinks and I think Edmond is awesome!

BrettM2
06-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Watching this "debate" is quickly becoming like watching two peole in a pissing contest while facing into the wind (and I say this as an Edmond resident).

Easy180
06-09-2011, 08:19 PM
We need a tie breaker...Who has a Five Guys Burgers and Fries?

Moore wins