View Full Version : Your pet's political affiliation??

mranderson
03-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Since we got started on this topic, how would you describe your pet's political affiliation?

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
03-13-2005, 10:52 PM
...Maybe their political affiliation will be ok...

Pets with political affiliations?? :confused: ummmmm....ok?

mranderson
03-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Pets with political affiliations?? :confused: ummmmm....ok?

Sure. My pet Elephant is a republican. (lol)

Midtowner
03-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Have fun with this area. The topics can be anything from a whisical question like favorite pet to euthanasia. Nothing about your pets sexual orientation or religious affiliation. Maybe their political affiliation will be ok.

My cats are Communist. One is Russian Blue, and my Maine Coone is named Tolstoy after one of my favorite authors (a Russian, whose historical approach had Communist tendancies in my opinion)...

I've hidden my Quotations of Chariman Mao, and my other leftist books, but I'm still nervous. They already expect the state (me) to provide them with subsidized food, health care, shelter, and litter.

Advice anyone?

Midtowner
03-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Political affiliations?

My cats are Communists. I mean, I've put away my copy of Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse Tung, and other red literature, but they seem to persist in their Communist ways. To name a few of their transgressions, they expect the state (me) to subsidize their rations, litter, and medical care.

To make it worse, one is a Russian blue, and the other is named Tolstoy after the author of one of my favorite books. Tolstoy, however, while many would have said was a Czarist, I thought his approach to history had some Marxist tendencies in that it viewed wars, victories, defeats, etc. not as the accomplishments or failures of "great men", but as uncontrollable forces who just carried these men (like Napoleon) along for the ride, thereby diminishing the stature of important historical figures, and placing more importance on the common man. Did I digress a little in my explanation?

Yeah, my cats are Commies.

mranderson
03-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Holly is like me. She is a card carrying Republican.

By the way. What is your pets political affiliation. And why?

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-02-2005, 10:51 AM
My German Shephard is and I quote from Midtowner's thread, "Further to the Right than Attila the Hun".

Why? They say German Shephards are smart.