View Full Version : Grass-fed or Pasture Raised-Beef

ctchandler
05-23-2011, 09:23 AM
A few months ago I read about a couple of men (I think they were in Edmond) that would soon be selling beef that had been completely grass-fed. I believe it was beef that they were raising. It was an article in the Oklahoman. I haven't heard anything since. Can anybody help me out?
Thanks,
C. T.

tburn
05-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Plum Rich Beef!

It is longhorn, pastured, grass fed, grass finished.
I have only had the ground, and it is great - very lean & flavorful.

http://www.plumrichbeef.com/

They sell it at Epicurean's pantry in Eedmond, or you can order online and pick up on Sundays.

okcisok
05-23-2011, 01:33 PM
CT, there is a farming business in Fairview, OK that sells grass fed beef. I've bought it at the OSU Farmers Market. Cattle Tracks Beef. They are there the first Sat of each month. They also have a website: johnsfarm.com

ctchandler
05-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Tburn and okcisok,
Thanks for the information. First, it appears the folks at Plum Rich are doing well, they are sold out of steaks. I hope that's a good sign. Second, i will go to the Farmers market next week and see what they have.
Again, thanks for the responses,
C. T.

rcjunkie
05-24-2011, 04:10 AM
Tburn and okcisok,
Thanks for the information. First, it appears the folks at Plum Rich are doing well, they are sold out of steaks. I hope that's a good sign. Second, i will go to the Farmers market next week and see what they have.
Again, thanks for the responses,
C. T.

Thee's a vendor at the Norman Farmers Market that sells grass fed beefalo, the meat is very tender and lean.

ctchandler
05-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Thee's a vendor at the Norman Farmers Market that sells grass fed beefalo, the meat is very tender and lean.

Thanks rcjunkie, what day is the Norman Farmers Market?
C. T.

rcjunkie
05-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks rcjunkie, what day is the Norman Farmers Market?
C. T.

Wednesday and Saturday, 8:00am--Noon, but go early, he almost always sell out. If he's out, you can place an order and pick it at the next open day.