View Full Version : Checkpoints

Thunder
05-22-2011, 11:37 AM
There was one last night and here is the results.

(Midwest City, Oklahoma) May 21, 2011 the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office conducted a sobriety checkpoint at N.E. 10th & Midwest Boulevard in Midwest City. The event started at 10:30pm on Saturday and ended at 3:00am Sunday morning. Statistics from the event follow:

*ARRESTS - 09

05 - DUI/APC (Driving under the influence/ Actual Physical Control)
02 - DUS/DUR/No DL (Suspension/Revoked license)
02 - Other

*CITATIONS - 36

09 - Other
08 - DUS/DUR (Suspension/Revoked license)
07 - Failure to carry insurance
05 - No seatbelt
03 - Improper child restraint
02 - Expired tag
01 - Unsafe lane change
01 - Disobey stop sign

*WARNINGS - 53

40 - Other
05 - Unsafe lane change
05 - Failure to carry insurance
02 - Expired tag
01 - Driver license restriction violation

SIGNIFICANT INCIDENT - Deputies were forced into a pursuit when an individual made an illegal U-turn to avoid the checkpoint and crashed through a fence at Tinker AFB. The suspect then ran for nearly 3/4 of a mile before he was taken into custody on Tinker AFB. The arrested has been identified as Domico Overstreet (d.o.b. 04/13/1984).

If anyone encounter a checkpoint, post here to warn us all.

BBatesokc
05-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Because that's going to do us alot of good while we are out driving. How about you just have insurance, no outstanding warrants, and don't drink and drive and not worry about it. I live near Tinker and I hit a check point every few months. I get through them quickly with no issue. I can't speak against speeding or seat belts as I often violate those two.

However, I do turn on an Android app called Trapster when we are on road trips. Has kept me from getting a ticket a couple of times when on the highway - as other users pin point speed traps, accidents, red light cameras, etc. I tend to set the cruise on 80mph (if I get a ticket, so be it, but I prefer to avoid it as I haven't had one in many, many years).

Easy180
05-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Love the improper child restraints made even worse by driving around when boozers are getting out of bars

Thunder
05-22-2011, 12:25 PM
It save us all good guys the time to find another route, Brian. :-)

oneforone
05-22-2011, 01:53 PM
I have no problem with compliance checks. Granted they are an inconvenience but, I understand the purpose is to catch people who are masters at flying under law enforcements radar. I have gone through them a couple times over the years. I turn on my dome light and have my license and insurance card ready. It's very easy to keep your license, registration and insurance up to date. I also check my lights regularly to make sure everything is working. Not to mention I love my life and I love my family. The last thing I want to do is put everything at risk by driving while I'm impaired.

Bunty
05-22-2011, 02:18 PM
That reminds me. I need to get my car tag renewed this month. Thanks.

AAC2005
05-23-2011, 03:22 PM
That reminds me. I need to get my car tag renewed this month. Thanks. Me too!:LolLolLol

I was wondering if the OKC/County police did sobriety checkpoints, because I hadn't heard about any since I've lived here (In Maryland, they give you a couple of days notice, so Attorney help you if you still manage to drive through one while impaired).

BBatesokc
05-23-2011, 04:48 PM
I bet I hit two a year living near Tinker - some are pretty early at around 8pm while others are after the bars start closing at 2am. Its never taken me longer than 5 minutes to get through and I always see people try to u-turn and flee. The cops look pretty giddy when this happens and they get to chance them down. Honestly, I find they barely even look over your documents if you don't act suspicious or like a jerk.

lake hefner breeze
06-02-2011, 03:43 AM
I have no problem with compliance checks. Granted they are an inconvenience but, I understand the purpose is to catch people who are masters at flying under law enforcements radar. I have gone through them a couple times over the years. I turn on my dome light and have my license and insurance card ready. It's very easy to keep your license, registration and insurance up to date. I also check my lights regularly to make sure everything is working. Not to mention I love my life and I love my family. The last thing I want to do is put everything at risk by driving while I'm impaired.

You are such good little sheeple.

Do they require a seig heil as well?

Checkpoints are unAmerican.

BBatesokc
06-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Probably not the way to go through a checkpoint....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTG5rWF_Uis

Checkpoints are unAmerican.

I find that statement just another example of the police are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I personally have no love for cops in general but I do prefer this sort of proactive activity than always arriving after a drunk, unlicensed or uninsured driver has done damage or killed someone. These stops are not intrusive 99% of the time IMO.

rcjunkie
06-02-2011, 08:55 AM
The only one's aganst checkpoints are the ones that ocassionaly drive without tag, insurance, valid license, or have had a drink to two and shouldn't be driving anyway.

OKCTalker
06-02-2011, 09:00 AM
The only one's aganst checkpoints are the ones that ocassionaly drive without tag, insurance, valid license, or have had a drink to two and shouldn't be driving anyway.

+1

kevinpate
06-02-2011, 09:12 AM

nah, the habitual offenders in all those areas are against checkpoints too.

Roadhawg
06-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Probably not the way to go through a checkpoint....

what a couple idiots

lake hefner breeze
06-03-2011, 03:12 AM

With all the spelling and grammatical errors in that sentence, perhaps we need a sobriety checkpoint on OKCtalk.

rcjunkie
06-03-2011, 05:03 AM
With all the spelling and grammatical errors in that sentence, perhaps we need a sobriety checkpoint on OKCtalk.

momma said there's one in every crowd.