View Full Version : Thinking ahead...if Thunder wins the series???

bucktalk
05-20-2011, 05:43 AM
If Thunder wins the series -
1. How can we celebrate the team?
2. How can the city celebrate?

earlywinegareth
05-20-2011, 09:16 AM
My guess is the city would have a parade downtown then end up at the former downtown airport site for a big outdoor party like they do for 4th of July. I can't think of another place big enuf and still it probably wouldn't be able to handle the size of crowd that would turn out. I could see 100K+ wanting to take part.

kevinpate
05-20-2011, 09:35 AM
I suspect there is a "should the need arise" party plan already drawn up and ready to hand to the media. it's not really something that could be tossed together, at least not well, as a spur of the moment thing.

bucktalk
05-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Here is a video someone put together...not sure where they shot this or who these people are...

http://youtu.be/JyMmPXDdVUY

Jersey Boss
05-20-2011, 01:04 PM
In as much as the objective is to win the NBA championship, I do not hink a city wide celebration would be warranted until that happens. Winning the Western finals is big, but it is not the prize.

Bill Robertson
05-20-2011, 02:48 PM
In as much as the objective is to win the NBA championship, I do not hink a city wide celebration would be warranted until that happens. Winning the Western finals is big, but it is not the prize.True. But OKC not being considered a legitimate major league city a few years ago, to having our first major league sports franchise going from 2nd or 3rd worst in the NBA 2 years ago to winning the West Finals would be a cause for great celebration.

NickFiggins
05-20-2011, 03:01 PM
All teams in the playoffs have to submit a parade route to the NBA office so their is a plan, however it doesn't occur unless they win the NBA Championship. Also lets not get too ahead of ourselves, we out shot the MAVS and we can't rely on that every night.

MikeOKC
05-20-2011, 03:45 PM
In as much as the objective is to win the NBA championship, I do not hink a city wide celebration would be warranted until that happens. Winning the Western finals is big, but it is not the prize.

Agreed!

OKCisOK4me
05-20-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm not even touching this one... ONE GAME AT A TIME...

venture
05-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Typical Okies. They get all pissy and angry when OU isn't in the title game every year...it seems the same over exaggerated expectations are spreading into the Thunder. Silly bandwagon fans.