View Full Version : Western Conference Finals

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kerry
05-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Well if there were any good points to come out of tonight it was these 4 things.

1) Nowitzki can't shoot 90% every night
2) Dallas starters had to play the whole game which means the rest is over
3) They can't stop Durant
4) Westbrook won't got 3 for 15 every night.

We do need more help from the bench and they have to find a way to stop Nowitzki. We also can't let a 5 foot nothing guy score at will in the paint.

Bill Robertson
05-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Well if there were any good points to come out of tonight it was these 4 things.

1) Nowitzki can't shoot 90% every night
2) Dallas starters had to play the whole game which means the rest is over
3) They can't stop Durant
4) Westbrook won't got 3 for 15 every night.

We do need more help from the bench and they have to find a way to stop Nowitzki. We also can't let a 5 foot nothing guy score at will in the paint.

All true. The only possible real problem is Westbrook. I love Westbrook. But he needs to learn that when he's hitting shots go for it. But when he's not his job is to set up and pass it to someone who is hot that night. I think we'll recover and be just fine for game 2. After each loss to Memphis we pretty much took it to them the next game. Game on!

Easy180
05-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Westbrook will need to adjust his game as Chandler isn't going to let him drive...Be great if they could find a way to get Chandler in foul trouble early so it would open things up

To win the next one we will need Harden and Cook to nail around 8 three's

Thunder
05-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Will there be the same refs?

Kerry
05-19-2011, 07:35 AM
If they double team Nowitzki (front and back) they will be okay. Instead of trying to defend him after he gets the ball, they need to try and deny him the ball. Let them try and use a lot of the shot clock trying to get the ball into him.

Bill Robertson
05-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Will there be the same refs?

I'm pretty sure the same officials follow each series.

Dustin
05-19-2011, 09:45 PM
I have a new nervous habit.... flossing.

All I gotta say is FEAR THE BEARD!!!! Yeah baby!!!!

dmoor82
05-19-2011, 09:59 PM
To qoute AC/DC: nanananananana Thunder nananananana Thunder!!!!!!!!!!!! Thunder The F### UP! Series tied 1-1 Thunder now have Home court and coming back home baby!

Thunder
05-19-2011, 09:59 PM
That was a very scary game! One mistake Thunder made that almost cost us the game. The last few seconds, when Mavs got the ball from out of bound, Thunder should have just let them shoot for 2 or 3 without risking the refs giving Mavs free foul shots to win it. Very lucky that did not happen.

OSUMom
05-19-2011, 10:00 PM

Fear the Beard!!!!

dmoor82

Ha,I fell ya' I clipped my finger and toe nails in the last 3:00 minutes of the fourth!lol

Dustin
How ironic that it's thundering outside.... :)

dmoor82
05-19-2011, 10:03 PM
this one's better!http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bQ0SqifjNcg/SulWCs_waUI/AAAAAAAAGeM/Jonvdn-zDGg/s1600/oklahoma-city-thunder-wallpaper-5.jpg

Dustin
05-19-2011, 10:09 PM
whos that dude on the right? I recognize green.

dmoor82
05-19-2011, 10:12 PM

^^yea,I just saw the headline of this pic and posted it and didnt stop to realize who was on it!lol

Thunder
05-19-2011, 10:16 PM

He looks like Westbrooks.

MikeOKC
05-19-2011, 10:26 PM

It's Westbrook. #0

dmoor82
05-19-2011, 10:29 PM
It's Westbrook. #0

Yea sorry!I posted an old pic with Jeff Green on there,so I edited my post!

Kerry
05-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Good job double teaming Nowitzki and having Dallas eat-up the shot clock. In game three they can't let Nowitzki dribble the ball like he did in the 4th quarter. Collison also has to stay on Barrera an additional half second at the top of 3 point line after he switched on the screen. Can't let Barrera take uncontested threes off the screen.

Dustin
05-19-2011, 10:35 PM
I meant far right but nvm.

ljbab728
05-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Good job double teaming Nowitzki and having Dallas eat-up the shot clock. In game three they can't let Nowitzki dribble the ball like he did in the 4th quarter. Collison also has to stay on Barrera an additional half second at the top of 3 point line after he switched on the screen. Can't let Barrera take uncontested threes off the screen.

Kerry, I think you should stick to sports analysis instead of politics. You're much more knowledgeable. LOL

Thunder
05-20-2011, 03:41 AM
Guys, how important is the fans toward the success of our team playing in games? As in, how much is too much for them to cheer on our team? Does it interfere with their focus, or does it greatly enhance them? Next two games is at home and we are already tied in the series. I'm hoping we will take 2 more wins before going back to Dallas. Just wondering on the effects from the fans in the stadium.

Easy180
05-20-2011, 04:23 AM
Finished the game with backups and KD...I didn't get to hear his press conference but that was a ballzy move and wondering if it has ever happened in playoff history..Know he would have been torched if it turned out badly

Now his next task is to repair Westbrooks ego before game 3

Thunder
05-20-2011, 04:46 AM
Easy180, do you know what Westbrooks was saying when he was out the game? He was sitting on the bench and just kept on complaining about something. I know he's a major ball-hog.

KD, at the end of the game, a female reporter approached him and he was saying that she should be giving the other guys on the team the interview, not him. Pretty much sums it all up. lol

Kerry
05-20-2011, 06:17 AM
Another great thing about last night is that our starters got to rest a large part of the second half and the Dallas starters had to play hard the whole game. ESPN made a note in the pre-game that the age difference between the Thunder and Mavs is the widest in conference finals history (something like a 10 year difference). With little rest and 2 hard games it will start to wear on the Mavs and the longer the series goes the better for OKC. They play every other day for the whole series.

kevinpate
05-20-2011, 06:54 AM
in a word ... IMPRESSIVE

And the team met/exceeded his expectations.

jstaylor62
05-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Joey Crawford is not the Referee in Game #2 and we get to see a great game! The referees were not biting on the Maverick flops. They really let them play. You could tell that Dallas was spolied from the officiating in Game #1 and still looking for the ghost fouls.

earlywinegareth
05-20-2011, 08:01 AM
The B team deserved a standing OOOOOOOOOOOOklahoma!!!

Collison is one of my favorite players to watch, and he stepped up big on both ends of the court in the final minutes. Even after he missed 2 free throws, the very next possession he went strong to the basket again for another foul and hit both free throws, not to mention ripping the ball from Novitzki on the floor for a key turnover.

We got us a series, folks.

Kerry
05-20-2011, 09:16 AM
We got us a series, folks.

Winning that game in Dallas was HUGE - and I can't over emphises HUGE. If we can win both games at home we go back to Dallas up 3-1. Memphis took a home game from us and we had to play catch-up the whole series.

earlywinegareth
05-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Think of it this way, the Thunder did last night what the Lakers couldn't.

Dustin
05-20-2011, 11:43 AM
http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/2011/05/20/thunder-fans-showing-theyre-the-best-in-the-league/?custom_click=lead_story_title

This is awesome! Look at the lightning in the background! It's like it was meant to be.

jn1780
05-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Ok, first quarter was a disaster. Hopefully, they turn things around.

dmoor82
05-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Thunder might set an All Time record low in points scored in a playoff game!Great skyline shots though!

Spartan
05-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Not looking good.

dmoor82
05-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Fewest points ever in an NBA game-49 by the Chicago Bulls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Bulls) vs. the Miami Heat on April 10, 1999,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_records

Spartan
05-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Guess the Thunder didn't copyright going small..

dmoor82
05-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Well I'm bummed about the loss but I love the FIGHT in our team!Thunder set an NBA all time record of 0-16 without a Three made and ended up hitting One late in The game!

Kerry
05-21-2011, 09:53 PM
$100 says Westbrook is wearing a different uniform next season. Too many turn overs, too many techincal fouls, and too much standing around looking at the refs after a missed layup. This loss doesn;t belong to Westbrook becasue the whole team sucked for the first 20 minutes but after they finally got it going Westbrook turned it into a one man team in the 4th.

dmoor82
05-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Folks,this is OKC's first deep playoff run and there will be MANY of them in the years to come!Keep your heads up!

ljbab728
05-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Folks,this is OKC's first deep playoff run and there will be MANY of them in the years to come!Keep your heads up!

No need to get too down over this one loss. We've shown we can win in Dallas so it's not over yet. We definitely have to win the next one at home though.

earlywinegareth
05-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Once again, this team wins big one night then sucks the next time out. Scotty needs to make the boyz mad - question their manhood or something to make them come out with fire in their belly...not wait for it to maybe happen. Come on Scotty, do your best Bobby Knight impression, throw some chairs, tell them they're playing like silly school girls. That's what I'd do.

Kerry
05-21-2011, 10:11 PM

If that was directed at me - I'm not down. OKC has not lost consecutive playoff games yet but it has become pretty clear who the new weak link in the playoffs is.

dmoor82
05-21-2011, 10:12 PM
No need to get too down over this one loss. We've shown we can win in Dallas so it's not over yet. We definitely have to win the next one at home though.

^^Ohh,I know!I was just letting Thunder fans know this will not be a one time affair!

ljbab728
05-21-2011, 10:23 PM
^^Ohh,I know!I was just letting Thunder fans know this will not be a one time affair!

Yes, since we survived the end of the world today, we will be able to look forward to a lot of fun basketball years to come. Of course it will all end in 2020 since the USA will fall apart as per Kerry, LOL

Kerry
05-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Yes, since we survived the end of the world today, we will be able to look forward to a lot of fun basketball years to come. Of course it will all end in 2020 since the USA will fall apart as per Kerry, LOL

For the record - there will still be NBA basketball in 2020, they just might be playing in 4 countries instead of 2.

ljbab728
05-21-2011, 10:29 PM
For the record - there will still be NBA basketball in 2020, they just might be playing in 4 countries instead of 2.

Thanks for clarifying that, Kerry. Now we can relax.

Kerry
05-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks for clarifying that, Kerry. Now we can relax.

No problem - not everyone on the Sports forum reads the Politics forum.

Thunder
05-22-2011, 03:00 AM
Got back in OKC, slept around 5, and just now waking up. Missed the game. Hoping everyone on here is joking... :-(

Spartan
05-22-2011, 07:08 AM
$100 says Westbrook is wearing a different uniform next season. Too many turn overs, too many techincal fouls, and too much standing around looking at the refs after a missed layup. This loss doesn;t belong to Westbrook becasue the whole team sucked for the first 20 minutes but after they finally got it going Westbrook turned it into a one man team in the 4th.

No come on, Russ was the only thing the Thunder had going in Game 3. KD was absolutely a non-factor, and you wouldn't dare make this kind of post about that guy.

Kerry
05-22-2011, 08:12 AM
No come on, Russ was the only thing the Thunder had going in Game 3. KD was absolutely a non-factor, and you wouldn't dare make this kind of post about that guy.

Go back and watch the tape without the excitement of the game. The stats don't lie. More turnovers and more technical fouls than any other player in the playoffs. He also lead the NBA in turnovers during the regular season (I think for 2 years in a row). He has 69 turnovers in the playoffs, the guy second on the list has 46 (that is 50% more turnovers than the #2 guy - Derrick Rose). I'm not saying he is a bad player, but when your goal is an NBA championship you need to have constant improvement as a team. That means getting rid of the weakest link. We saw that with the trade this season.

In my opinion Maynor is a better point guard. He protects the ball and dishes out assist and looks to score last. Westbrook looks for his shot first and assist second. It is bad enough that we have to play offense with only 4 players (Perkins couldn't throw the ball in the water if he was sitting in a row boat on the ocean). We should be able to get another quality 3 point shooter or some first round picks for Westbrook.

I would have to say that Westbrook is the last person on the Thunder team I would want with the ball in his hands down by 1 with 15 seconds left in the game. His turnovers in the final 30 seconds of a quarter are ridiculous.

Spartan
05-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Nope. Get outta here...

Easy180
05-22-2011, 10:00 AM
I normally dislike when Westbrook gets shot happy since he is standing next to a scoring machine but with KD stinking last night he had to try to take over...I do agree that when KD is on Maynor can be the better choice since he is a pass first PG

Loss last night was due more to KD than Westbrook

SkyWestOKC
05-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Loss last night was on the team. Everyone stunk.

Bill Robertson
05-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Loss last night was on the team. Everyone stunk.

Too true. I get loud and really annoy the wife when Westbrook forgets that basketball is a team sport. She doesn't like screaming for some reason. But last night, especially in the first half, no one on our side could hit the basket. It was a team loss.

jstaylor62
05-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Dan Crawford(no relation to Joey Crawford) is the referee tonight, so hopefully this means a Thunder win!

Wordizm
05-23-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm really enjoying the games and the fan turn outs. Oklahoma City fans have a passion that the rest of the NBA envies. Looking forward to everyone getting loud in their Thunderwear tonight!

Easy180
05-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Wow pretty much sums it up

mcca7596
05-23-2011, 09:52 PM
When you have a 10-15 point lead with less than 5 minutes to go and you take low percentage shots with 15 seconds or more to go on the shot clock, *@#& happens.

Easy180
05-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Thabo shoots a three to ice the game?? Thabo??

Spartan
05-23-2011, 10:08 PM
There is still a difference between the Thunder and a real veteran team.

As for the commentary of this game, couldn't get more annoying right now. Nuggets of wisdom like "I think they need to get it to Kevin Durant..." and "I think they should go for a 3 right here..."