View Full Version : No one picking the Thunder??

earlywinegareth
05-17-2011, 07:49 AM
I haven't seen a single national writer picking the Thunder.

I don't see what's so great about the Mavs. They're old and they've never won anything, in fact they have a habit of collapsing. But by golly they're rested.

But that means ALL the pressure is on Dallas, and our boyz tend to play really well as an underdog.

On the drive in, I was listening to Toby Rowland on KREF this morning. He said the Mavs are so old, their playoff shirts are sponsored by Metamucil.

theparkman81
05-17-2011, 08:27 AM
I haven't seen a single national writer picking the Thunder.

I don't see what's so great about the Mavs. They're old and they've never won anything, in fact they have a habit of collapsing. But by golly they're rested.

But that means ALL the pressure is on Dallas, and our boyz tend to play really well as an underdog.

On the drive in, I was listening to Toby Rowland on KREF this morning. He said the Mavs are so old, their playoff shirts are sponsored by Metamucil.

I think the Thunder will take the series in 6, Yeah I agree with Toby, the Mavs are old.

kevinpate
05-17-2011, 08:42 AM
My knowledge level is not adequate to know how realistic it is for the Thunder to take the series, but I like the notion enough to hope it happens. I think it would be a very good thing for the metro, and the state at large, for the Thunder to win it. Wouldn't really matter if they did so 4-0 or 4-3.

Dustin
05-17-2011, 08:57 AM
Thunder takes it in 4.

earlywinegareth
05-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Wow diggyba, you've climbed way out on that limb calling a sweep!

I think it'll be another slugfest, but I will not be at all surprised if the Thunder go down to Dallas and punch the Mavs in the snoot and pull off a win in Game 1.

Stan Silliman
05-17-2011, 09:05 AM
If Ibaka is fully recovered and elevating like he did in the Denver series, I see it happening. If we rebound their threes, we can run them out of the gym. If not, we may struggle.

Kerry
05-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Nearly every analyst on NBA TV is picking the Mavs. They were going over the ages of the payers on both teams and most of the Mavs are in their 30s. It is like an old Lakers and old Spurs didn't even exist (although other than Jason Kidd - 38 - the Mavs are not over the hill old). Oh well, I am glad everyone is picking the Mavs. I hope the Mavs are buying into it.

Jersey Boss
05-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Westbrook will have to step up his game. He played sub par in the previous Dallas match ups. Otherwise, Dallas in 6.

Of Sound Mind
05-17-2011, 10:55 AM
I love the Thunder... but I refuse to wear the Thunder-blue-colored glasses... Mavs in 6 (and that's only if we play better than we did against Memphis).

G.Walker
05-17-2011, 12:02 PM
There are a few analysts on ESPN that are picking the Thunder to win:

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/matchup/_/teams/thunder-mavericks

OKCisOK4me
05-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Look at our 3-point defense against the worst 3-point shooting teams in the NBA this year. Now look at Dallas... We gonna have to practice that perimeter d to run with the big old boys. Also, as they stated on the radio, Dirk is a 7 footer who can shoot the 3. How many teams have we faced this playoffs run with that type of inside outside player?! They may be old, but they are experienced and they have it in their head to not repeat a choke, I'd imagine.

I say Dallas in 6. Hate to go against my Thunder but they've exceeded all expectations by making it this far!

venture
05-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Barring any key players on the Mavs getting injured, this is going to go 6 or 7 with them winning. I look at it this way, and agree with OK4Me...they've done better than last year. They have exceeded expectations of almost everyone. I will not be hurt by them falling in the Western Finals. That just means the bar is set higher for next year to make it to the Finals.

dmoor82
05-17-2011, 04:33 PM
I hate to say it but Dallas in 6!Unless OKC can take tonights game in Dallas and win both games 3&4 in OKC!

OKCisOK4me
05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah, that would be spectacular!

swilki
05-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Kenny Smith (Analyst on TNT) picked OKC. Here is his tweet from yesterday:

Think it's gonna be tough for OKC to stop the multiple weapons of the Mavs but Mavs have few answers for OKC as well... OKC goes to finals !

Keep your heads up OKC fans. There are still six more games to play. Nowitzki can't have a record breaking game every night.

G.Walker
05-18-2011, 08:39 AM
If we can steal game 2, and win game 3, and get up 2-1, we have a good chance of winning the series, the key is to win this next game, as Dallas is not a good road team...

Stan Silliman
05-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Sefalosha in front of Dirk, Collison or Perk behind. Force Dirk to come further out to get the ball. Stay away from fouling. If Dirk takes his one footers from beyond the key, bother him but don't try to block it. Leave Kidd or Stephenson open out front.

Lord Helmet
05-18-2011, 10:30 AM
The problem with doubling Dirk is his ability to find the open man in that situation. However, I'll take that over how we didn't handle him last night.

OKCisOK4me
05-18-2011, 10:57 AM
I just want to know what happened to our perimeter defense that was awe inspiring in the first quarter! It just disappeared!!

G.Walker
05-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Dallas bench scoring it was really cost us the game, our bench was outscored by their bench, by almost 30pts...