View Full Version : parade this weekend

Jesseda
05-12-2011, 01:05 PM
i was told there is a parade and stuff going on this weekend in midwest city, where at? and what time?

Millie
05-12-2011, 05:51 PM
The parade is in Del City. I think it starts at 10AM.

Thunder
05-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I was meaning to post this, Jesseda, thank you. It is on Saturday at 10am in Del City.

If I remember correctly, the parade will start at the Community Center / Fire Department on 15th Street, west to Sunnylane, south to 29th Street, then east on 29th Street to wherever I do not know.

It will be fun for your kids! If you want to bring them along with you, stop by in Del City to watch the parade before meeting me. Coming up from the south, go up on I-35, exit on 29th Street, go all the way east until you see Homeland on the left side corner. You can park within the gas station area or grocery store parking lot. Great to sit on the grass by the gas station facing east next to Sunnylane. They will be throwing out FREE CANDIES!!!

After that, just go north on Sunnylane, all the way until you reach NE 23rd Street, turn right, and keep going until you see Golden Goose and KFC on the right side at Douglas. :-)

Thunder
05-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Its been years since I watched the parade when I was a lil kid. Always thought they be small, short, and not much around the city. Well, I learned this morning that it all changed. lolol I went to Old Paris to pick up 2 lucky bamboo stalks, then realized I forgot the two small glass tubes, so I had to go home and get them. I knew the parade route, but they changed it into longer route. I had to turned around twice when I attempted to go around the blocks. :-O I saw that the parade went from 29th all the way back to I-40 and about half mile west along the highway. Impressive. I saw some cute horses. :-D

Redskin 70
05-15-2011, 12:13 AM
over twoo hundred entries, I had a grand time and the weather was so nice today

Thunder
05-15-2011, 12:32 AM
over twoo hundred entries, I had a grand time and the weather was so nice today

Awesome! I should have gone and video it all. Next year, I should definitely try for it! I saw a couple of horses when I drove by. Awwwww.