View Full Version : Am I Wrong?

bucktalk
05-05-2011, 05:56 AM
I've tried to watch News9 from their 5:00am-7:00am time frame. I've tried to keep an open mind with how they've tried to kick up the comedic tone (probably trying to match the silliness on channel 4) -but honestly its sooooo annoying. They are completely overcompensating the use of non-genuine laughter to a point where it looks/sounds stupid. Am I wrong?

Bunty
05-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Some of us are still in bed from 5 to 7am, so are spared of the nonsense on TV.

HewenttoJared
05-05-2011, 12:04 PM
No, you are not wrong. But the trend towards more humorous local news is not limited to channel 9. It's a nationwide problem.

Dustin
05-05-2011, 03:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK4bwhL1qqM

Nothing beats Lance West on Channel 4

ljbab728
05-05-2011, 10:33 PM
I normally have the KFOR morning news on and I sometimes wonder if I'm listening to HEEHAW. David Payne is always ridiculous with his sophomoric attempts at humor. It is really embarassing at times how bad they are.

OKCTalker
05-06-2011, 03:07 PM
The best news at that time of day is found in the two newspapers next to the coffee maker, followed by NPR in the car on the way to work. I can tune out political leanings (left or right), but I can't tune out annoying banter.

ljbab728
05-06-2011, 11:21 PM
The best news at that time of day is found in the two newspapers next to the coffee maker, followed by NPR in the car on the way to work. I can tune out political leanings (left or right), but I can't tune out annoying banter.

I agree completely. I really only like to listen to the morning TV news for the latest weather updates. The actual news is only a rehash from the night before. If only all of the silly banter could be left out, it would be great.