View Full Version : Dollar Stores

Thunder
05-05-2011, 03:38 AM
These kind of stores are disappearing fast! I do not see a real reason for them to just go poof, unless Oklahomans do not really buy thrifty anymore. Well, most items are not thrifty, just that they are thrifty prices....a dollar each for everything.

So, where are they? I know there is one on MacArthur, but that is just the only remaining one that I know of. There was one on 59th, south or southwest OKC, but it was replaced by a BS Unlimited.

Excluding Dollar Tree, Dollar General, and Family Dollar.

The stores I am talking about where there is a lot of random things, all mix, just about anything and they are priced mostly for a dollar each.

Reason I want to shop at them more often, because I would like to keep checking if there are any palm tree things. I remember buying a palm tree plate for a dollar. Really nice plate that I was using it for display on a stand.

Resell values for many of these items can potentially be sold for much higher.

Know of any around the metro? List them here!

Thunder
05-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Drove my own truck while mom rode with old lady neighbor to get the flowers off of 59th and Western. I went my way home down 59th while they went down 29th. Saw a store, so I turned around fast. Its right next to BS Unlimited and the name is Discount Dollar Mart. Not sure if they are the same place, moved next door or different. Lots of nice things there. Palm tree items are popular and they did not have any of them for all the different items there. Only one ceramic bath set (tumbler, toothbrush holder, soap dish, and pumper) left, so I got it.