View Full Version : Mother's Day 2011 - Ideas?

sooners83
05-04-2011, 11:04 AM
I am looking for ideas for this years Mother's Day. In the past we have had brunch and either gone to the OKC Art Museum or the Philharmonic Show Home.

Do you all have any suggestions for a good brunch/lunch on Mother's Day and/or any activities to do after that?

I would like to check out the Botanical gardens but it doesn't look like they are open yet.

Pete
05-04-2011, 11:12 AM
The Myriad Gardens are definitely open -- just some construction in parts but still plenty to see.

How about the Skirvin then walk over to the park?

Or the Colcord Cafe: http://www.colcordhotel.com/oklahoma_city_fine_dining.html

Jesseda
05-04-2011, 01:16 PM
try some of the new restaurants (himalayas, genghis grill, etc) that are in moore area, and catch a fun movie at the warren, and maybe go to showplace market in moore to shop around for unique items

BBatesokc
05-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Lunch with the whole family (either in downtown or at a house) and then have a good photographer come to your location to do a family photo and then smaller group photos with the mom's and their kids and/or grandkids.

Thunder
05-04-2011, 05:18 PM
OKC Zoo with free entry for all mothers. Well worth it, especially the new Asian district recently opened, two elephants already back, and to see the baby elephant. Treat yourself, if your kids are too young to pay, to a motorized scooter rather than walking all over the place. I pushed mom in a wheelchair last year and the rent was a few bucks. The motorized scooters was a frickin' steep $20 rental.

earlywinegareth
05-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Whatever you decide, take pics and enjoy the heck out of it. Mom passed in '98 and I miss her as much now as 13 years ago. Mother's Day is bittersweet for me.

ljbab728
05-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Whatever you decide, take pics and enjoy the heck out of it. Mom passed in '98 and I miss her as much now as 13 years ago. Mother's Day is bittersweet for me.

I agree with that completely. My mother is 87 and I know that each Mother's Day could be her last so I make sure she enjoy's it as much as possible.

metro
05-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Good luck getting a reservation at any of the nicer restaurants with this late of notice, the food restaurants are booked up weeks in advance.

lawboysam
05-05-2011, 08:25 AM
I know Othello's in Norman is doing a Mother's Day brunch. I feel like Stella is as well, but I could be wrong on that one.

Jesseda
05-05-2011, 08:26 AM
I plan on taking my mother out to lunch on saturday, hopefully i can get some good pics of her, she hates getting her picture taken, theses past 10 years the only pictures i have is of her palm in front of her face or the back of her head lol..

Jersey Boss
05-05-2011, 12:45 PM
I know Othello's in Norman is doing a Mother's Day brunch. I feel like Stella is as well, but I could be wrong on that one.

That sounded like a good idea. I checked out the latest reviews on Urban Spoon and it seems like it is not the Othello's that i used to enjoy. Just a heads up.

Larry OKC
05-06-2011, 01:25 AM
I plan on taking my mother out to lunch on saturday, hopefully i can get some good pics of her, she hates getting her picture taken, theses past 10 years the only pictures i have is of her palm in front of her face or the back of her head lol..

Know what you mean, my mom is the same way! But definitely keep those "pam" shots, as they say a lot about her personality and such...what makes her "Mom"