View Full Version : Old theatre in El Reno...

OKCNDN
05-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Anyone know what is being put up in the old Cinema Theater in El Reno? From the looks of the place it would appear that one of those old-style theater signs (vertical sign with name of theater on it with overhang below that where you buy the ticket) is being installed.

Anyone know what's going on?

Jersey Boss
05-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Anyone know what is being put up in the old Cinema Theater in El Reno? From the looks of the place it would appear that one of those old-style theater signs (vertical sign with name of theater on it with overhang below that where you buy the ticket) is being installed.

Anyone know what's going on?

New IMAX.

OKCNDN
05-04-2011, 08:15 AM
New IMAX.

:woowoo:

I saw it this morning. There is a sign saying "Centre" going up. I will try to take a picture later.

El Reno didn't even put the new Reno 8 theater in the right place. It's way out in the middle of nowhere. That was supposed to be the new tax district but, c'mon, things move really, really slow in El Reno. No way that thing gets developed for 20 years. Not unless the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes develop the land because they own the big empty field across the street from the theater.

The new theater should have been put where the old wal-mart building is now or across from the JUCO in the empty lot. Many people have said they didn't even know there was a theater in El Reno for a few years.

But now to the positive. The Reno 8 theater is one of the best theaters around. It's squeaky clean with great sound and screens. Theater isn't packed at all. Many times I have been the only one in the whole theater!!!

ljbab728
05-04-2011, 10:08 PM
But now to the positive. The Reno 8 theater is one of the best theaters around. It's squeaky clean with great sound and screens. Theater isn't packed at all. Many times I have been the only one in the whole theater!!!

That may be nice for you but I doubt that the owners of the theater are too happy about that and it doesn't speak well for the long term prospects.