View Full Version : Problems accessing site......

jenncole
03-21-2005, 05:56 PM
whats up everyone????

a techie, please reply carefully and reply......

I recently had SBC Yahoo DSL installed and I am having problems accessing OKCTalk since then.

IF I use my dialup connection I am able to access the site.

IF I use the DSL connection, I get a message that reads, " "Page cannot be displayed"

Maybe.. one of the settings on the DSL.. is preventing me from accessing the site. I can get to all other sites other than OKCTalk just fine. So, I don't know whats up.

Maybe.. the 2Wire router they sent to me, is blocking the site for some reason.

I tried using IE, Firefox, and MSN Explorer.... all are showing errors messages when I use DSL to access OKCTalk.

please post a reply... anyone. Todd?? Patrick?? any computer expert.

Midtowner
03-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Have you setup your PPOE stuff? Where you router/system logs into the network with your username/password?

Patrick
03-22-2005, 12:19 AM
You might send an email or PM to Todd!

jenncole
03-22-2005, 03:35 PM
I did email him last week, I have not gotten a reply back yet.

Jenn

Patrick
03-23-2005, 01:48 AM
Are you still having problems?

jenncole
03-29-2005, 01:52 PM
yes, i am still having problems.... I can only see what you guys have posted... etc.. when I am using a public computer at the local library... from home.. I have no luck still. plz... expand a bit.. on the whole...PPOE stuff.

thanks... I will try again.. to log into this site... later this week from the library.... like I said.. I cannot from home... at the moment.

Jamie

Midtowner
03-29-2005, 01:56 PM
With SBC DSL you have to have a username/password. I know how to enter it if you have a router, not sure if not.

jenncole
03-29-2005, 01:59 PM
I do have SBC router... a 2Wire router. once I enter the user name and password on the router I will be fine?? I mean... right now... I can access everything.... besides OKCTalk.

Midtowner
03-29-2005, 02:03 PM
I've had similar issues with Cox and other sites.

Unfortunately, the only thing that helped me was to wipe my computer and start from scratch.

My theory was that there was some sort of remnant of Zonealarm (a firewall program) that I had removed screwing with my connectivity.

Have you tried a different web browser? Maybe firefox? Also, try accessing the site and turning your security settings to "minimum" or "off" (I wouldn't recommend leaving them like that). Also, check to make sure that you have the newest version of IE.

I'd just recommend switching to firefox anyways. Far better browser.

jenncole
03-29-2005, 02:10 PM
I tried using IE, Firefox, and MSN Explorer.... all are showing errors messages when I use DSL to access OKCTalk.

I never installed Zonealarm, I saw what it did to my brother's computer.

I have newest version of IE. I will tried the security settings already. no luck.

Will putting the username and password on the router.. solve the problem???

Patrick
03-29-2005, 02:32 PM
That's strange...I wonder if it's a problem with DSL! You could try putting the username and PW on the router. It might work.

You might try clearing the cookies off your computer, and starting again as well.

jenncole
03-29-2005, 02:46 PM
lol.. tried clearing the cookies already. thanks though. I will see what happens with that router.

Midtowner
03-29-2005, 03:42 PM

I never installed Zonealarm, I saw what it did to my brother's computer.

I have newest version of IE. I will tried the security settings already. no luck.

Will putting the username and password on the router.. solve the problem???

Yeah, with SBC DSL you have to do that. You set the router to PPOE and then enter your username/pwd. Make sure the router is pulling an IP.

You might also consider calling the Hindi Helpdesk at SBC.

BricktownGuy
03-30-2005, 05:00 PM
What midtowner is saying, should work.

MasterWolf
03-30-2005, 06:10 PM
Yeah, with SBC DSL you have to do that. You set the router to PPOE and then enter your username/pwd. Make sure the router is pulling an IP.

You might also consider calling the Hindi Helpdesk at SBC.

I agree. Putting in the username and password should do the trick.

Patrick
03-30-2005, 10:20 PM
JennCole, give us an update and let us know if this worked!

Midtowner
03-31-2005, 01:33 PM
JennCole, give us an update and let us know if this worked!

She's probably brushing up on her Hindi.

jenncole
04-07-2005, 03:15 PM
I input the username and password onto the router.

The first day I did this... I was able to access the site. The day after, I could not. and now.. today... I can once again. Maybe.. that will be a rhythm.. being able to access it every other day. lol.

any ideas anyone??

any guy that can give me a permanent solution gets a date with the unpopular Jenn Cole. lol any girl that can give me a permanent solution, hmm.. maybe a cash reward.

thanks

Jenn Cole
http://profiles.yahoo.com/jenncole304

jenncole
04-17-2005, 06:21 PM
hmm... maybe no one wants to a date with a psycho. lol, lol.

ibda12u
04-29-2005, 03:48 PM
ya know what's weird is I have this same problem at home. I'm gonna check it out this evening, and see if I can come up with a solution. Of course at home I have cox though.