View Full Version : Marshall's, Fuddruckers, and Jack-in-the box coming to OKC

Pages : [1] 2

metro
03-21-2005, 03:30 PM
"Existing retail vacancy rates are down," CB Richard Ellis’ Inman said. "Traditionally, it had been around 11 percent. Right now, it's about nine percent. Rent pushes up as demand does, but right now it's not at a significant margin."

Inman said to look for area newcomers like Marshall's department store at 240 Penn Park in the late fall and Fuddruckers restaurant at I-240 and Pennsylvania Avenue and in the Quail Springs area.

Additionally, Jack-In-The-Box restaurants are in the site-selection process, he said.

mranderson
03-21-2005, 03:43 PM
"Existing retail vacancy rates are down," CB Richard Ellis’ Inman said. "Traditionally, it had been around 11 percent. Right now, it's about nine percent. Rent pushes up as demand does, but right now it's not at a significant margin."

Inman said to look for area newcomers like Marshall's department store at 240 Penn Park in the late fall and Fuddruckers restaurant at I-240 and Pennsylvania Avenue and in the Quail Springs area.

Additionally, Jack-In-The-Box restaurants are in the site-selection process, he said.

I bet Fuddruckers is what is under construction as a pad site in the Southern Hills Shopping Center.

Plus. My cousin owned several Jack franchises and he said they have been eyeing re-entering Oklahoma City for years. Glad to see it is about to happen.

Marshall's was in the initial announcement of the new strip center on 240.

HOT ROD
03-21-2005, 04:51 PM
I know people may smirk at Jack-n-the-box but one thing to consider about them is,

they are open 24/7 everyday all day, serving fast food items with breakfast all of the time.

Just gives OKC additional options (and tax revenue) plus there seems to be more activity in cities with them (due to their being open all the time). I think an urban (walk-up) style would fit nicely somewhere in downtown, like Triangle/Flatiron/deep duece or WestTown - it would give some life to those parts of town (plus benefit heartedly once Triangle development takes place).

We got them all over the place in Seattle and I can tell you that they add to the spectrum as people visit when they are finished enjoying themselves around town.

soonerguru
03-21-2005, 05:09 PM
I certainly have nothing against Jack in the Box, but this city consumes way too much fast food. You can't turn a corner without running into another Sonic.

We also seem to really get excited about chain restaurants, but I don't see the allure.

When I think of the greatest places I've been I've always thought about the unique, individual restaurants that give a place an identity.

mranderson
03-21-2005, 05:19 PM
I certainly have nothing against Jack in the Box, but this city consumes way too much fast food. You can't turn a corner without running into another Sonic.

We also seem to really get excited about chain restaurants, but I don't see the allure.

When I think of the greatest places I've been I've always thought about the unique, individual restaurants that give a place an identity.

Chain resturants. Capitol gains tax. Sales tax (and a lot of it), income tax. Tourist draw.

Fast foods. Capitol gains taxes. Sales tax (and a lot of it), income tax,. Tourist draw.

This equals profits, exposure, and jobs. Maybe not high paying jobs, but jobs.

soonerguru
03-21-2005, 06:22 PM
I guess I can envision a Fuddrucker's as a regional tourism draw, but I have a hard time imagining that a Jack in the Box would draw people to OKC. Am I off base here?

zuluwarrior0760
03-21-2005, 06:36 PM
An interesting footnote is that a Fuddruckers was located at I240 and Western
for only a couple of years in the mid to late 80s before it closed.....
Interesting that the first location back in OKC is the next major intersection
up the road.....I've eaten at the one in Tulsa......it's a very cool environment, but
the food was a bit forgettable....

mranderson
03-21-2005, 06:37 PM
I guess I can envision a Fuddrucker's as a regional tourism draw, but I have a hard time imagining that a Jack in the Box would draw people to OKC. Am I off base here?

There are people who like their favorite fast food and will not go anywhere else. So, that can draw. Plus more variety.

In addition. Let me tell you a story of my travels. Before Carl's Jr. bought Hardee's, I use to eat at Carl's whenever I was in California. It was my treat. Now, it is no treat because we are about the only Hardee's market that converted to Carl's.

HOT ROD
03-21-2005, 07:32 PM

ha ha ha ha, I am cracking up laughing, sometimes we are soo funny on this forum.

But Soonerguru, I think it is very funny in JackintheBox was an OKC tourist attraction. Ha ha ha ha.

No I did not mean that JIB would be a tourist attraction, but rather a venue which could expand OKCs nightlife or urban feel if you will. If nothing else, JIB draws PEOPLE!!! Since they are open 24/7 and have a variety of food, people go even though it probably is not the best for you.

Here in Seattle, we have some pretty empty street too, at times - but the ones with a JIB always have something going on - it seems. That is what I am talking about. It just brings sort-of an urban "hang-out" atmosphere if you will that will turn even the scarcest part of downtown into a somewhat more attractive spot due to the people draw.

But I hate to think that Jack-in-the-Box would be OKC's tourist draw. Laugh laugh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha; doesnt Dallas already have a ton of them? JIB is about convenience and urban. - that was so funny tho!!!!!

floater
03-21-2005, 07:49 PM
No I did not mean that JIB would be a tourist attraction, but rather a venue which could expand OKCs nightlife or urban feel if you will. If nothing else, JIB draws PEOPLE!!! Since they are open 24/7 and have a variety of food, people go even though it probably is not the best for you.

Thank heaven for an IHOP in Bricktown.

xrayman
03-21-2005, 08:28 PM
What would be nice in Bricktown - not a restaurant = is a WALGREENS. Their newer downtown locales in other cities are all pretty nice; and I can imagine one of their "urban flavored" stores in Bricktown. With the workaday downtown market, visitors, Bricktown and close-in neighborhoods - how could it lose?

Karried
03-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Nothing like a few 99 cent Tacos from Jack in the Box after partying and dancing all night - we used to go all the time in CA, the only thing open at 3:00 am - it was great, I remember fondly many a Jack in the Box late night snacks ... yeah, I agree anything that meets the needs of downtown locals and tourists is needed here - many people might need a fast food fix in the wee hours - why not provide it? Who cares what it is? It offers employment, taxes and french fries, what's so wrong with that?

HOT ROD
03-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Nothing like a few 99 cent Tacos from Jack in the Box after partying and dancing all night - we used to go all the time in CA, the only thing open at 3:00 am - it was great, I remember fondly many a Jack in the Box late night snacks ... yeah, I agree anything that meets the needs of downtown locals and tourists is needed here - many people might need a fast food fix in the wee hours - why not provide it? Who cares what it is? It offers employment, taxes and french fries, what's so wrong with that?

Exactly my point, indeed!

And yes, Karried, I too have spent some time at the Jack after partying in my day!

Although it is yet another fast food joint, I think it will make a great addition to Oklahoma City. I just hope downtown gets at least one walk-up version. Leave the drive-thrus outside of downtown.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
03-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Oh dear sweet humanity!!!! Jack-in-the-Box in OKC!!!! Oh sweet Sourdough Deliciousness!!!!

Patrick
03-21-2005, 11:42 PM
What would be nice in Bricktown - not a restaurant = is a WALGREENS. Their newer downtown locales in other cities are all pretty nice; and I can imagine one of their "urban flavored" stores in Bricktown. With the workaday downtown market, visitors, Bricktown and close-in neighborhoods - how could it lose?

The Riverwalk in San Antonio actually has a CVS on it, near the Hyatt. You would think this wouldn't be a great urban retail store, but CVS fits nicely on the lower level of an older historic building, and it fills a need on the Riverwalk.

I could see an urban Wal-Greens or something similar locating in one of the old warehouses, if it was developed right. We just need to be careful not to create a sea of chain stores and restaurants in Bricktown.

------------
On the topic of restaurants in Bricktown, I think we need to start modeling the Western Avenue District more. What makes it so special is the collection of unique locally-owned restaurants. If Western Avenue was dominated by mostly chains it wouldn't be as special. Bricktown also needs more local, unique restaurants.

Restaurants like Nonna's, Chelinos, Bricktown Brewery, Coach's, Varsity, Daq. Zone, and even Earls are decent local restaurants.

I still think we need a decent Chinese/Asian restaurant in Bricktown, and I don't mean Taste of China either! lol!

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-28-2005, 05:34 PM
We need these chains to make me happy.

Just kidding. They do serve another purpose. What Tulsa is currently experiancing is a lack of regional dependeance. As postind in "We are loosing the battle" the area of Arkansas close to Tulsa has become self dependant, meaning they can get everything Tulsa offers close to home. We can't let this happen to our area, LOL. We thrive as a regional capital, and we need to start competing for the REST of our OWN market, which Dallas is currently nabbing. Hey, it's there, and up for grabs. OKC, go reclaim it.

Pete
04-09-2005, 06:09 PM
OKC had a Fuddruckers at I-240 & Western (NWC) back in the 80's.

I should know... I was in the commercial real estate business and leased them the space!

Did okay for a couple of years but faded away.

Funny that so many people seem to like Jack-in-the-Crack... Out here in Cali it's generally seen as a second-tier fast food place.

And I totally agree about a Walgreens in the Bricktown/downtown area. Would be a good bridge to ultimately getting a grocery store in the area.

HOT ROD
04-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Malibu:

I think Jack in the box is 2nd tier also, but it does bring in pedestrian/vehicle traffic being that they are open 24/7. that was my point, otherwise they really are not anything too special, just good for late nite traffic - which is also needed in OKC!

xrayman
04-09-2005, 09:29 PM
What restaurants are here are interesting, but that's about all. Frankly, I'm a little embarrased by all the talk about Jack-In-The-Box. We must really be hurting when we're excited about Jack-In-The-Box(!)
I vote to give that line of discussion a rest!

Jay
04-10-2005, 02:00 AM
Come on live a little I'm sure you will have your La Madeline soon enough.

I live for Jumbo Jack's on the way to Dallas. It will be nice to have access to them here in the city.

The building at Southern Hills I think is a Starbucks, it looks to much like the Starbucks at Rockwell and Expressway.

I would hope that would not be beef serving restaurant. That site is where Sirloin Stockade use to be. Does anybody Roger Dale Stafford? need I say more.

I wouldn't be suprised if Jack in the Box is looking at OKC. Now would be a prime to enter OKC especially with all of the abandoned BK's

I will be looking forward Fuddruckers. They come in a close second to Little Mikes. I have ate at the one in Grapevine. Great burgers awesome desserts.

HOT ROD
04-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Totally agree, it is another option - and a late night one at that!

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-10-2005, 03:39 PM
A walgreens in D'town? No! I would rather have a Wal Mart Neighborhood Market.

windowphobe
04-10-2005, 06:24 PM
If you look at most of the Walgreens locations in the area, they seem to have been chosen for proximity to Eckerd's/CVS. That would seem to preclude any interest by Walgreens in downtown - unless CVS decides to put a store there first.

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-10-2005, 06:51 PM
I would stand before that construction crane!

swake
04-10-2005, 06:55 PM
In Chicago there are Walgreens all over downtown, they are the main grocery stores there.

Midtowner
04-10-2005, 07:12 PM
In Chicago there are Walgreens all over downtown, they are the main grocery stores there.

Nobody's perfect.

Leon
04-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Jack in the Box???? Wasn't that the e-coli restuarant?
I do eat there a lot when in Seattle. A lot like Hardee's

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-10-2005, 08:39 PM
That would be eh... What-a-burger, very disgusting fast food joint!

HOT ROD
04-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Jack in the Box???? Wasn't that the e-coli restuarant?
I do eat there a lot when in Seattle. A lot like Hardee's

Yes, here in Seattle Jack-N the Box had a few cases of E-Coli. That has sense been resolved by thorough practices of cleanliness and cooking methods. Jack does not fix the burger until it is ordered and it cooks to at least 165.

They have become much better since those days tho. I enjoy them occasionally for chicken and breakfast food (all day breakfast). You're right, pretty similar to Hardee's just more emphasis on late night and comfort foods (egg rolls, teriyaki, fish, chicken, breakfast, so on).

okcpulse
04-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Whataburger is what I eat when I haven't had food all day and there is no other option of restaurants. Face it, burger stops (McDonald's, BK, Wendy's, Carl's Jr., Taco Bell, etc.), your days of stand-alone buildings are over. It's to the mall and airport food courts for you! HEHEHEHEHE

Jay
04-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Whataburger is okay when no other choice is available. I just hate going there because it takes forever to get your order. I waited in line at the one on Expressway and MAC for 15 minutes one time. I pulled out of the line and went into Albertsons and bought a tombstone. The guy that was behind me in the line was still three cars back as I pulled out of the parking lot.

That place is just sad. If it wasn't for the 2 AM drunk crowd Whataburger on Expressway would have been closed a long time ago.

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Very reminescant of the bubba culture that USED to reign in Oklahoma... but hey, atleast Del Rancho is out of business, or nearing. Let's jump for joy!

mranderson
04-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Very reminescant of the bubba culture that USED to reign in Oklahoma... but hey, atleast Del Rancho is out of business, or nearing. Let's jump for joy!

IF Del Rancho folds it is because they are too expensive. That Steak Sandwich Supreme all these people brag about is not worth the money.

I will paraphrase a line from "Used Cars." "That's too (explative deleted) high!"

Midtowner
04-11-2005, 04:06 PM

Bubba culture? How exaclty have we changed? I don't feel any less bubba myself than I was 10 years ago.

Come on now, mullets were popular everywhere 10 years ago! ;)

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Yes but so was smoking and black cameros.

Midtowner
04-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Yes but so was smoking and black cameros.

The black cameros are no longer popular because the line was discontinued for awhile, and there are not many old cameros left because the things were P.O.S. cars to begin with.

Not to worry, the age of the crappy old camaro is approaching again.

As for smoking, it could just be that it's now illegal in so many places that you don't notice it as much. At the rate it's taxed, I think that the era of cough-syrup abuse is coming soon ;)

zuluwarrior0760
04-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Holy CR@p, say it isn't so......

I savor the steak sandwich supreme....
the only thing I love more is having them hook
up an IV of 19000 grams of liquid fat to inject
directly into my bloodstream.....

I'm being silly, but no joke.....if I crave a steak sandwich
supreme, there had better be at least one left within a hundred
miles, or someone may be losing a limb......

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Zulu, are you a poet? Why are all of your posts hard to read, and all bunched up like in stanzas?

zuluwarrior0760
04-11-2005, 07:23 PM
You've got bigger problems....

The Classic Chevy Club is getting together a posse to string you up with a CAMERO
fan belt and beat you with a water hose for desecrating the spelling of their
beloved CAMARO......

Look on the bright side, at least you know how to spell Nissan Stanza.

As for my posts, I'll double space them and have them proofread for indents
and punctuation for your viewing comfort....

:)

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-11-2005, 08:00 PM
You've got bigger problems....

A little harsh...

zuluwarrior0760
04-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Why are your posts so hard to read and bunched up like stanzas

I meant my response in complete jest, not as an attack back at you..although

I'm not quite sure what I typed or didn't type to provoke the opening shot

so to speak.....

I'm reading from your response that you didn't mean your critique in jest at all....

Don't feel bad, there's always someone in every forum it who feels

the urge to make postings in public questioning or criticizing one of the other

participants....for trivial things like grammar, spelling and the like.....

Some might call it "A little harsh"

I just call it "A little amusing"

All I can say is "Give me the specifications on what would make an easily readable

post for you, and I'll do my best.........

This has reached it's natural conclusion....let's go back to criticizing the Mayor...

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Err... ummn... well I just feel so obliged to read it in stanzas, which gives me a headache.

But to each their own--though it's hard to read.

bmrsnr
04-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Steak sandwich supremes are amazing and the one in Norman does great business and the service is always prompt. And it sure as hell beats McDonald's.

metro
04-12-2005, 04:28 PM
this post as usual is way off topic

mranderson
04-13-2005, 08:07 AM
Has anyone learned exactly where Fudruckers will be? I think it is the pad site under contsruction in Southern Hills Shopping Center. Plus, Jack in the Box. Any rumblings as to locations?

metro
04-13-2005, 09:51 AM
I did, now I just have to remember where I got the information when I first started this thread, I Imagine the Fuddruckers on Memorial will be at the corner on Penn with PF Changs and Bravo Cucina, I know the master plans call for 4 restaurants each facing a courtyard. I'll try to find out, as far as JIB, they are still looking for locations, I think I put that in my original post? Indeed.

Quote: "Additionally, Jack-In-The-Box restaurants are in the site-selection process, he said."

mranderson
04-13-2005, 10:22 AM
I checked the website jack in the box.com. They have a picture of a jack location. It looks a lot like the building under construction next to Chuck E Cheese.

Just wanted to report that. With the position of the building, it may just be coincedental.

metro
04-13-2005, 02:04 PM
ON NW Expressway or southside? Im sure they have multiple locations in the works.

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Anderson, the Fuddruckers will be RIGHT next door to the new Joe's Crab shack, in front of the Golf USA (Did they close that location yet?) and I can tell you that the construction looks to be half way done, the frame is up (I can't help but remark on how small it looks for a Fuddruckers).

Also Anderson, Metro told me that the building next to the Chuck E Cheese's is the new Chuck E Chese's, and they will eventually tear down the entire street corner at Walker & 74th Street.

While we're on the topic LOL, the new Starbucks is looks dismal as ever in front of the soon-to-be vaccant Burlington Coat Factory that is moving across the street. It is between the Taco Bueno and some blighted apartments.

metro
04-13-2005, 04:27 PM
are you sure that was me that said that??? I don't remember saying any of that. and I assume you two are talking about southside because although i'm familar with navigating the southside, i couldnt tell you whats going where over there

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-13-2005, 05:06 PM
http://www.okctalk.com/t2659-chucky-cheese-saved-shucks.html

Never mind. I forget a lot these days, I can barely remember to check my email once a few hours.

Sorry for giving you credit.

cedbled
09-16-2005, 03:40 PM
jack in the box!!!!!! tacos, tacos, tacos jack in the box!!!!!! tacos, tacos, tacos jack in the box!!!!!! tacos, tacos, tacos jack in the box!!!!!! tacos, tacos, tacos jack in the box!!!!!! tacos, tacos, tacos

I’m sadly hooked, people...........i’ll be goin to ada this weekend,if my friend doesn't come visit me specifically to get some jitb. He lives there, and when he shows up, he can't get into my house unless he's got a greasy bag of tacos haha

BTW I called the ada location (I have no better resource right now), and I talked with an employee...I asked if he knew if jitb still planned to come to okc, and he says that they do, but when I asked about a rough timeframe, all he could give me was within a year or 2....

hopefully someone here may be able to provide some new information, jitb is acutally what led me to this site.....i googled jitb in okc, and found a thread here about it.... since then i've noticed info on the fuddruckers, and round robin (WOW---they're cool, but there are TONS of places here to get a gourmet burger already),
but no new info on Jack, The Clown Prince of grease, and that ghetto a-- cheese they put into those tacos (love it)

cedbled
09-16-2005, 03:45 PM
can someone give me ANY info on when jack in the box will be here in OKC????? my wife would greatly appreciate it.....she's starting to get annoyed that i talk about jitb the way i used to talk about her cooking ,and u know that ain't good for the household

yeah i know...i'm a taco slut, but i just cant help it

fromdust
09-16-2005, 07:37 PM
i dirve every day to durant for work. i discovered that they have a jack in the box on main street. i went there and got something to eat, thats when i remembered that i went to one in dallas. they both sucked. jib whoopty- frigin' do. theres also one in ardmore.

jbrown84
09-16-2005, 08:10 PM
I don't think anything has come of rumors of Fuddruckers or Jack-in-the-Box...

cedbled
09-19-2005, 02:19 PM
i dirve every day to durant for work. i discovered that they have a jack in the box on main street. i went there and got something to eat, thats when i remembered that i went to one in dallas. they both sucked. jib whoopty- frigin' do. theres also one in ardmore.

hey mann, that's your opinion, and i'm sure that there's plenty of nicer places to eat in durant...... <chokes back laughter> but don't talk down on what i might like...... why did u even waste the keystrokes??

and I still would like to hear any news about JITB coming coming to OKC, even if its bad news

this thread is in the METRO topic anyways, homie!!! that means more than 25 people

mranderson
09-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Fuddruckers has announced their plans. I think the first location is to be om Memorial near Quail Springs. I am not sure when Jack will announce his plans.

metro
09-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Thats not true. The Fuddruckers on southside is already open over on I-240 somewhere. The Fuddruckers on Memorial will open in late October early November next to PF Changs and Bravo Italian on Penn and Memorial

mranderson
09-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Thats not true. The Fuddruckers on southside is already open over on I-240 somewhere. The Fuddruckers on Memorial will open in late October early November next to PF Changs and Bravo Italian on Penn and Memorial

I live just off 240 on the southwest side, and have yet to see a Fuddruckers. You may be mistaking it for Starbucks. Plus, I read in the Oklahoman not long ago that the first location was to be the one on Memorial.

jbrown84
09-21-2005, 02:25 PM
I thought the building by Bravo Cucina and PF Chang's was the Red Robin.