View Full Version : Easter?

bucktalk
04-18-2011, 05:29 AM
Just wondering how many will attend some kind of Easter service this year...yes?...no?

cjohnson.405
04-18-2011, 10:08 AM
I will be (regular attender) and will enjoy watching my daughter be baptized.

Easy180
04-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Haven't attended a church service since I was a teen so I will go with No

PennyQuilts
04-18-2011, 01:05 PM
I'll be in NYC with my new grandson for his first easter.

Patrick
04-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Will be seeing contemporary Christian recording artist Jami Smith at Northwest Baptist Church.

Easy180
04-18-2011, 01:35 PM
I'll be in NYC with my new grandson for his first easter.

Congrats Penny and a great excuse to go to NYC. Lol

rcjunkie
04-18-2011, 05:31 PM
I, as in every Sunday, will be in the 4 row, left side, at Westmoore Community Church

BBatesokc
04-18-2011, 06:11 PM
I will be at the Scott Adams Atty annual 3,000 egg Easter Egg Hunt (filled with either confetti or cash up to $100). Plus, Big Truck Taco will be there. That's as religious as I get.

SOONER8693
04-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I, as in every Sunday, will be in the 4 row, left side, at Westmoore Community Church
Ditto, except I'm in the little pie/wedge shaped section on the left side, row 2.

EBAH
04-18-2011, 09:13 PM
I, most likely, as in every other year, wakeup Sunday, read a magazine, and wait for my wife to wake up, then head out for breakfast somewhere, quickly find out it is easter and all the good restaurants are packed, then go home and make an omelet.

JayhawkTransplant
04-19-2011, 05:32 PM
I am not a regular church attender, but my family will be in town, and they will want to go to church. We are Methodist, and I live in the uptown (May and 23rd) area. I'd like to attend the downtown Methodist church, because I'd like to become a regular attender there, but am afraid that it will be next to impossible to get in for services there on Easter. Does anyone reading attend there, or another church in my area?

betterthanbefore
04-19-2011, 08:21 PM
We'll be attending Crosspointe Community Church in Edmond....so refreshing!!

Dustin
04-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Me and the fam will probably head up to Perry, OK and watch the kiddos hunt 'spring spheres'.

bombermwc
04-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Spring Spheres...lol. I've never heard that one before. Easter actually predates Christianity (anglo-saxon goddess of spring). The Easter Bunny - actually the Easter Hare, is a symbol of fertility...animals and their babies in spring and whatever. And since life is derrived from eggs (seed of life), BAM there's your Easter Egg.

Happens to fit in with the Passion for the rebirth of Jesus as well....the egg is not only the symbol of fertility, but the reborn Jesus.

So pick your world and celebrate accordingly. For me, I'll be at church celebrating and the religious side, and then let the kiddos celebrate the pagan side...lol.

Oh and coloring the eggs comes from waaaay back when decorated eggs were given as gifts.

Lord Helmet
04-20-2011, 07:49 AM
No church for my family. However, We'll be taking part in the egg hunting and candy eating all day.

MadMonk
04-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Me and the fam will probably head up to Perry, OK and watch the kiddos hunt 'spring spheres'.
I don't know what shape your eggs are, but mine are ovoid. So, I guess we'll be hunting "spring ovoids" in our backyard.

No plans to attend any services.

Dustin
04-20-2011, 01:21 PM
I don't know what shape your eggs are, but mine are ovoid. So, I guess we'll be hunting "spring ovoids" in our backyard.

No plans to attend any services.

Lol.. I'm poking fun at a Seattle school that renamed Easter eggs "spring spheres."

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=459668

I definitely call them Easter eggs too.

Thunder
04-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Its real sad that the JW parents do not allow their kids to have harmless fun hunting for eggs and other activities.

We need a major event for adults to also go on their own Easter Egg Hunt. All the fun activities all year around seem to always be for the kids. :-(

kevinpate
04-20-2011, 07:43 PM
I will probably get up early, decide some warm oil in a pan will minimize any chill in the air, then decide to test the relative strength of some uncolored plain ol ordinary eggs, and upon once again confirming they do not survive a basic tap test, dispose of their contents in the now warm oil. Over time I have learned this minimizes the runniness of all save the yolk, and probably would the yolk if I were not so impatient. By now I've been in the kitchen a spell and I'll likely remember that there is some form of meat that can sit in the pan and keep the egg contents company for a minute or two. Then, as I am a party sort of guy, I'll probably invite some left over taters or some bread to join in and just make a real party of it. Whether I invite any of the many humans in the house to join me, or whether they can have their own fun at a later hour, well, that's not yet decided.

Thunder
04-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Kevin, have you ever made egg in a basket? It be a great breakfast meal on an Easter morning. Hope the Easter Bunny bring you something good, cuz I sure hope so for me!

BBatesokc
04-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Quick video from the Easter celebration we attended. Great time for kids and adults alike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqmBceunRIs