View Full Version : OG&E to donate $1 to nonprofit for each customer who switches to paperless billing

swilki
04-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Hey everyone, wanted to let you all know about a great opportunity to help a local nonprofit and the environment at the same time.

OG&E will make a $1 donation (up to $25,000) to Keep Oklahoma Beautiful for each customer who elects to receive statements electronically instead of in the mail.

Learn more at - www.keepoklahomabeautiful.com/oge-paperless (http://www.keepoklahomabeautiful.com/oge-paperless) or http://oge.com/residential-customers/billing-and-payment/BillingandPaymentOptions/Pages/PaperlessBillingFrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx

Full disclosure - I am the Projects Manager for Keep Oklahoma Beautiful.

THANKS FOR MAKING THE SWITCH! :tiphat:

betts
04-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Done. Thank you for letting us know about this option.

swilki
04-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks! We really appreciate it.

venture
04-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Looks like they did a mass email out on Thursday to all customers signed up for online access. Should get that 25K for you guys in no time. :)

kevinpate
04-08-2011, 12:20 AM
not very generous of them, given their likely savings.

luck all the same

ljbab728
04-08-2011, 12:34 AM
not very generous of them, given their likely savings.

luck all the same

Always someone who can't resist a negative comment for a positive thread.

Thunder
04-08-2011, 06:11 AM
And we wonder why OG&E keep raising the prices...complaining of not having enough money...blah blah blah.

bombermwc
04-08-2011, 07:00 AM
I'll just give the money to a charity (more than a dollar) and continue to make OG&E send me a paper bill just to eat up some cost in their otherwise inefficient world.

You know what would also help them save money, stop using colored envolopes and colored bills. We save a significant amount of money in our operating costs by using plan white and b&w printing when we bill our customers. We don't GET anything out of the color printing, we just get to pay them for it. For the volume they print, it would only make them extra profit. Lord knows they aren't going to do anything else that makes sense. It seems to be one of the only industries that when they decide to expand or make "improvements" that the government allows them to push the cost off onto the consumer rather than having to eat the cost and then gain it back later. For example, they want to build a new power plant, they go ahead and charge everyone in their customer base extra money to pay for the project upfront rather than building it from loans and their own pockets, and then having the return come back to them from the new customer base. Last time I checked, that's how the rest of the business world worked. And good luck getting OG&E to get the rate cut back down later too. I'm sure they would offer up some reason to the corporation commission as to why they need to keep the rate at the higher level. Been there, done that. And the CC almost always does what OG&E wants.

kevinpate
04-08-2011, 02:01 PM
You might also post a direct donation addresses. No sense for you to miss out on any donations from those who aren't interested in aiding the utility's long term bottom line, but would give you better than a dollar so you don't have a negative impact from that position.

swilki
04-09-2011, 08:49 AM
You might also post a direct donation addresses. No sense for you to miss out on any donations from those who aren't interested in aiding the utility's long term bottom line, but would give you better than a dollar so you don't have a negative impact from that position.

Only because Kevin requested it.....

http://www.keepoklahomabeautiful.com/donate-form