View Full Version : Gold and Silver Shops?

sooners83
04-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I am looking for a local place to buy silver bars. I see Edmond Coin is open by appt only and the guy referred me to the apmex site to purchase items ($20 S&H which makes it not worth it to me). I found another place called Estate Gold and Silver but so far they have not had any silver to purchase. There are about 20 places that buy gold and silver but do not sell it...

Anyone know of a local place that sells silver bars and/or gold bars?

Kerry
04-06-2011, 01:42 PM
I have the same problem here in Jax. I finally found a local place but they charge a $5 per ounce fee on top of the spot price. If you are ging to buy 5 or more ounces of silver it is cheaper to go with AMPEX. If you want to get the shipping price down get some freinds, neighbors, or relatives to go in on the purchase with you and split the shipping cost.

It doesn't help you or me but a gold vending machine just opened in Boca Raton, FL.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/301597

We did have a community yard sale a few months ago and there was guy paying market value for gold and silver. He had his scales with him and everything. I guess he couldn't find a place to buy gold either so he went straight to the source - women and their jewelry.

Sin Wagon
04-07-2011, 06:09 AM
Unfortunately wherever you buy, you will be charged sales tax. This is ridiculous considering gold and silver's historical use as money. But I digress, it is best to go to Texas and make your purchase, or order on the internet. Texas, like many states does not have sales tax on bullion if your purchase is greater than $1000.

sooners83
04-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the great info. At the current Silver Price - $39.5 after sales tax and shipping on 10 ounces from apmex it came to almost $500 (roughly $10 over the current silver price per ounce). I thought the overall cost was a bit high so that is why I am looking to buy here.

I did find some at an estate sale this weekend but they were asking $650 for silver that was only worth $500 on the market.

kevinpate
04-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Is the OK use tax applicable to metals purchased elsewhere?

blangtang
04-10-2011, 12:16 AM
What are you gonna do wit yer silber and gold, eat it? JK, own some SLV and expect to get slaughtered when the powers that be crush the precious! Oh yeah, and be careful who you tell when you are purchasing the physical. ya never know when people get desperate and they know u got a stockpile.... just sayin'

Kerry
04-10-2011, 12:44 PM
What are you gonna do wit yer silber and gold, eat it? JK, own some SLV and expect to get slaughtered when the powers that be crush the precious! Oh yeah, and be careful who you tell when you are purchasing the physical. ya never know when people get desperate and they know u got a stockpile.... just sayin'
If you are buying gold and silver as insurance against the collapse of fiat currency, then holding gold and/or silver will give you a huge advantage when the next currency is formed because it is guaranteed that it will NOT be a fiat currency. The world has learned its lesson with that. No one is going to get on a ride that just killed all the previous riders.

Gold and silver isn’t about being ready for now, it is about being prepared for what comes next.

MsDarkstar
04-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Check out S & N Coins in Newcastle www.sandncoins.com. The owners name is Sal, we've done business with him several times selling scrap gold, silver & coins. According to his website he sells bars. Very nice guy, if he doesn't have what you're looking for I'm sure he'd be helpful in pointing you where you in the right direction.

blangtang
04-12-2011, 10:56 PM
well damn i got stopped out of my slv. i'll have to wait and hopefully buy back in in the mid 30s now...

cameron_405
04-12-2011, 11:11 PM
well damn i got stopped out of my slv. i'll have to wait and hopefully buy back in in the mid 30s now...

...ever play AGQ or ZSL?

blangtang
04-13-2011, 01:11 PM
havent but i'll give it a shot :)

cameron_405
04-13-2011, 01:21 PM
havent but i'll give it a shot :)

...just know that they both seek 200% (long or short) of the daily underlying movement -- decay is possible when holding as medium-to-long term positions -- perform your own DD.

If you're interested in leveraged gold ETFs -- DGP (200% daily long), DZZ (200% daily short).

{:+)

chase2324
04-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi I am a local gold and silver buyer. How many ounces are you looking for?
I can probably help you. Our email is: info@okcgoldbuyers.com, use that email. I check it more then this forum :-)

Our website is: http://www.okcgoldbuyers.com

blangtang
05-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Hi I am a local gold and silver buyer. How many ounces are you looking for?
I can probably help you. Our email is: info@okcgoldbuyers.com, use that email. I check it more then this forum :-)

Our website is: http://www.okcgoldbuyers.com

hey chase 2324 i want to know if you sell silver

i bet u dont respond :)