View Full Version : Daily Oklahoman - Fri., Sat., & Sun for 1-year for only $20

BBatesokc
04-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Been reading from several sources that the Daily Oklahoma has a promotion going on right now where you get the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday weekend Edition for only $20 for an entire year.

Here is one posting for reference....

I just called this number 405.478.7171 and the customer service rep was super nice. This promotion is valid until June 1 and it’s for the metro area only.

If accurate and no strings attached, I will probably do this.

T-rex
04-03-2011, 07:29 PM
i bought into a similar deal last year, but now they don't include the TV listing insert(at least here in MWC)
i called when it first came up missing and was told by a cust. rep the TV listings would be part of a extra cost add-on

BBatesokc
04-03-2011, 07:35 PM
i bought into a similar deal last year, but now they don't include the TV listing insert(at least here in MWC)
i called when it first came up missing and was told by a cust. rep the TV listings would be part of a extra cost add-on

There are way better options than a printed guide IMO. I've got an app for that!

venture
04-04-2011, 01:01 PM
This option is only available in 3 zip codes in the Metro area, so the vast majority of people will not be eligible for this.

USG'60
04-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Which zip codes?

Larry OKC
04-05-2011, 12:57 AM
think I am currently paying around $20 month for 7 day service. Was looking at cutting it back to just Sundays (for the coupons) and they said that Sunday & Wed would just cut the bill in half (still $10/month for Sunday only)

venture
04-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Which zip codes?

They wouldn't disclose them to me, but someone else might have better luck.

BBatesokc
05-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Good news - Today's Wimgo deal is for the same thing (Fri, Sat, Sun & Wed) for one year for $20. I just got mine.

http://wimgodeals.com/okc

MrZ
05-10-2011, 11:58 AM
I just got the Wimgo deal today also. I figure that I will make the $20 back from the coupons, so win-win for me!

metro
05-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Got mine as well, don't let Steve know, after all, I don't read the Oklahoman.

kevinpate
05-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Not a bad deal. Includes ample packing paper for the lad for when he moves out later this summer. Includes a year supply of money savers and sales notices. Can get rid of some clutter for free via a few free classified ads. The digital subscription is gratis too if I read the smallprint correctly. All that and all i do is basically skip a triple and shake, large fries twice. I can live with that

BBatesokc
05-13-2011, 12:32 PM
WOW - just bought the $20 deal and it already started this morning. Walked outside and there was the paper. I figured it would take a week or two to get it started.

kevinpate
05-13-2011, 03:49 PM
We were advised to expect it to begin Sunday, but yeppers, there it was this morning.

BBatesokc
05-13-2011, 04:00 PM
We were advised to expect it to begin Sunday, but yeppers, there it was this morning.

Even with the Sunday expectation, I figured it would be at least next weekend.

kevinpate
05-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Even with the Sunday expectation, I figured it would be at least next weekend.

DOK has now surprised me twice recently. There's the prompt service on the special, and a little bit back there was the DOK editorial noting that, notwithstanding there is currently a republican majority in the state legislature, maybe the general public would be better off if they took more days off. Can't say I ever thought I'd see that in one of their op-ed pieces.