View Full Version : Scooters

trousers
03-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Any scooter owners on the forum? I'm considering buying and am looking for suggestions/warnings. I like the retro look scooters.
Any help would be appreciated.

BBatesokc
03-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Have friends with Vespas. They love them but both have had several expensive maintenance issues. I owned a Honda Helix 250cc for several years and loved it for what little putting around I did. Bought it used for about $1,800. Seats two with comfort, has a trunk, stereo and will do 70 no problem. Helix's have a cool modern look but the Vespas are really cool and retro.

Urban Pioneer
04-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Any scooter owners on the forum? I'm considering buying and am looking for suggestions/warnings. I like the retro look scooters.
Any help would be appreciated.

Go to Atomic Brown at 30thish and N. Western Ave.

There are even scooter groups.

BoulderSooner
04-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Go to Atomic Brown at 30thish and N. Western Ave.

There are even scooter groups.

i think atomic brown is now closed

CuatrodeMayo
04-01-2011, 12:33 PM
A good friend of mine recently bought a Honda Ruckus (http://powersports.honda.com/2011/ruckus/360.aspx). He loves that thing.

Larry OKC
04-01-2011, 11:27 PM

Think you are correct. DOn't recall seeing ads for them in the Gazette for a while now. Their Facebook page last posting (by the company) was about their 2009 Holiday Clearance sale. They were an advertiser for a radio station in early 2010. Tried calling the phone number on the Facebook page and it "is no longer in service".

jonno
04-02-2011, 05:21 PM
A good friend of mine recently bought a Honda Ruckus (http://powersports.honda.com/2011/ruckus/360.aspx). He loves that thing.

And I've always been a fan of the Honda Metropolitan (http://powersports.honda.com/2009/metropolitan.aspx). It might have the retro look trousers was looking for.

metro
04-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Yeah, Atomic Brown closed last year. I had a retro knockoff, a Roketa Capri 150cc. Paid about a grand and had ir for a year, pit some good mileage on it and it grated me well at a fraction of the cost of a Vespa or Stella. There is a motors pets place, I believe of SW 59th or somewhere over there that is now the largest scooter shop in town. Also try craigslist. Don't get anything less thn 100 cc.

TStheThird
04-03-2011, 05:33 PM
I had a Yamaha Vino. I loved it.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/150/home.aspx

OKCTalker
04-03-2011, 08:02 PM

It looked dark when I drove past a few days ago, so I checked online customer reviews - they were all negative. I don't think the move farther S on Western did them any good, but it appears that they weren't very competitive in terms of service or pricing. Might be a business opportunity for someone else to pursue.

Thunder
04-03-2011, 09:04 PM
I've seen some kool deals, but I could never get one, because of the helmet issue. Anyone know if helmet can be custom made?

metro
04-04-2011, 07:38 AM
It looked dark when I drove past a few days ago, so I checked online customer reviews - they were all negative. I don't think the move farther S on Western did them any good, but it appears that they weren't very competitive in terms of service or pricing. Might be a business opportunity for someone else to pursue.

Yes, as previously stated they closed last year. I was a regular customer until I sold mine in December, but they closed prior to that.

metro
04-04-2011, 07:39 AM
I've seen some kool deals, but I could never get one, because of the helmet issue. Anyone know if helmet can be custom made?

Sure, in this day and age anything is possible if you have the money.

trousers
04-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Have friends with Vespas. They love them but both have had several expensive maintenance issues. Pretty much my big concern with getting a Vespa (plus the price). Not gearhead enough to want to spend all the time & $ on maintenance.

trousers
04-05-2011, 07:45 PM
I had a retro knockoff, a Roketa Capri 150cc. Paid about a grand and had ir for a year, pit some good mileage on it and it grated me well at a fraction of the cost of a Vespa or Stella. There is a motors pets place, I believe of SW 59th or somewhere over there that is now the largest scooter shop in town. Also try craigslist. Don't get anything less thn 100 cc.[/QUOTE] A year? Did the scooter give out or did you get bored with it? Heard good and very bad about Roketa is why I ask. And yes only want 100cc or higher, bu not much.

metro
04-05-2011, 09:40 PM
No scooter did well, just had a baby and needed the money more than the scooter