View Full Version : Downtown Grocery Store

Swake2
03-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Some really good news for downtown Tulsa. Elliot Nelson (McNellie's, El Guapo, Dust Bowl, Brady Tavern, Dilly Deli etc.) is opening a grocery store in the Brady District

ZYX2
03-28-2011, 02:50 PM
I thought it was Blake Ewing???? Isn't this supposed to be in the Detroit Lofts? I really hope it will help spur development around there. The Brady District is just booming right now!

ZYX2
03-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Withdrawn

Swake2
03-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Food Lion???? Good lord no.

I heard pretty solidly that it was Elliot, I don't what building, I would guess in the Detroit Lofts.

ZYX2
03-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Not Elliot, not Food Lion, too many rumors!

dankrutka
03-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Elliot Nelson is singlehandidly making downtown Tulsa a place to be. His projects have been amazing.

ZYX2
03-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Elliot Nelson is singlehandidly making downtown Tulsa a place to be. His projects have been amazing.

Also Blake Ewing...but anyways, Elliot has done amazing things for the city and I can't wait for his next project. Does anyone know when the Dust Bowl will open?

ZYX2
07-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Finally!

--------

According to Daniel Cameron, who graduated from Flight III on June 28, “The Launch program was fundamental in developing my knowledge and capabilities, and instrumental in helping to make my idea tangible and executable.” Cameron’s idea, a natural foods grocery store located in downtown Tulsa, has become a reality. He is currently in contract negotiations for a building and plans to open Cam’s Grocery by late fall. “Launch has helped me turn my passion for high quality healthy food, and my desire to work for myself into something real.”

http://www.gtrnews.com/greater-tulsa-reporter/10086/tcc-launch-program-benefits-entrepreneurs

Swake2
07-20-2011, 01:34 PM
It's actually two stores now, Archer Market in the Brady District and this new one, Cam's Grocery over by the Blue Dome and CBD

ZYX2
07-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Also, Archer Market is being done by Blake Ewing.

Spartan
07-27-2011, 06:34 PM
The 1st Street Lofts was also supposed to have a grocery store. Is that project ever going to be finished?

ZYX2
07-31-2011, 09:26 PM
http://camsgrocery.com/news/

ljbab728
07-31-2011, 09:34 PM
http://camsgrocery.com/news/

I noticed that they are offering home delivery. That is a big plus for a downtown grocery.

Swake2
08-01-2011, 09:59 AM
I noticed that they are offering home delivery. That is a big plus for a downtown grocery.

Grocery Delivery is pretty common in Tulsa. Petty’s Fine Foods, which is the expensive grocery store at Utica Square, has delivered for decades. The whole Food Pyramid chain that used to be Albertson’s delivers too, and both cover downtown already.

Part of the problem with getting a downtown grocery store is that within three miles or so of downtown you already have Petty’s at Utica, Whole Foods, Food Pyramid and Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market in Brookside and a more upscale Reasor’s in Cherry Street.

Still, this is very good news. I don’t know that downtown can support two stores but I am sure that if they have good lunch options at least one will survive.