View Full Version : ofbyandforus.org = Oklahoma City Brain Trust

okclee
03-23-2011, 09:26 AM
http://www.ofbyandforus.org/

Oklahoma City Brain Trust
CEOs for Cities, the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber and Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett will host the Oklahoma City Brain Trust, a robust discussion among local urban leaders about what city success looks like globally and how it can be achieved locally. Participants will have an opportunity to respond to trends shaping the future of cities, how Oklahoma City is likely to fare in light of these trends, and determine how the local civic agenda needs to shift in response to these trends.

Further, we will explore what it means to be a world class city — one of those special places we’ve lived in or traveled to that have left indelible imprints on our experiences and memories. We will name them, identify the reasons why they are special and ask ourselves what it would take for Oklahoma City to be listed among them.

Outcomes of the Brain Trust will be compiled and put to use for the development of a national policy agenda and planned publications related to the US Initiative, including a book made possible with support from The Rockefeller Foundation.

Agenda
http://www.ceosforcities.org/files/US_Brain_Trust_OKC.pdf

Kerry
03-23-2011, 10:14 AM
... or they could just read OKCTalk.

1) Urbanize the Oklahoma River
2) Stop making downtown into a suburb
3) Fast-track the streetcar
4) Tear down lower Bricktown and try again
5) Don't make the new boulevard 6 lanes wide

OKCTalker
03-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Core to Shore south of I-40 is a non-starter.

Kerry
03-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Core to Shore south of I-40 is a non-starter.

Not as depicted in the artist renditions it isn't. They need go back to the drawing board and this time they need to pick up a copy of Urban Development for Dummies.

bornhere
03-25-2011, 02:34 PM
How is this different from the Development Round Table?

metro
03-26-2011, 07:21 AM
This is a good idea in theory, but I imagine Mick and Roy will make it another resume building social club.