View Full Version : Mormonism

Midtowner
03-18-2005, 02:08 PM
http://www.lds-mormon.com/racism.shtml

Excerpts:

I think I have read enough to give you an idea of what the Negro is after. He is not just seeking the opportunity of sitting down in a cafe where white people eat. He isn't just trying to ride on the same streetcar or the same Pullman car with white people. It isn't that he just desires to go to the same theater as the white people. From this, and other interviews I have read, it appears that the Negro seeks absorption with the white race. He will not be satisfied until he achieves it by intermarriage. That is his objective and we must face it. We must not allow our feelings to carry us away, nor must we feel so sorry for Negroes that we will open our arms and embrace them with everything we have. Remember the little statement that we used to say about sin, "First we pity, then endure, then embrace"....

Think of the Negro, cursed as to the priesthood.... This Negro, who, in the pre-existence lived the type of life which justified the Lord in sending him to the earth in their lineage of Cain with a black skin, and possibly being born in darkest Africa--if that Negro is willing when he hears the gospel to accept it, he may have many of the blessings of the gospel. In spite of all he did in the pre-existent life, the Lord is willing, if the Negro accepts the gospel with real, sincere faith, and is really converted, to give him the blessings of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. If that Negro is faithful all his days, he can and will enter the celestial kingdom. He will go there as a servant, but he will get celestial glory.

Tough he was rebel and an associate of Lucifer in pre-existence, and though he was a liar from the beginning whose name was Perdition, Cain was cursed with a dark skin; he became the father of the Negroes, and those sprits who are not worthy to receive the priesthood are born though his lineage. He became the first mortal to be cursed as a son of perdition. As a result of his mortal birth he is assured of a tangible body of flesh and bones in eternity, a fact which will enable him to rule over Satan.

Institutionalized racism... If members of this religion truly believe this drivel, they are sick.

nurfe75
03-18-2005, 06:07 PM
This is almost as good as the Southern Baptist church justifying slavery by stating blacks were the descendents of Noah's son Ham (whose progeny were all doomed to a life of servitude just because he thought his naked drunk dad was funny and laughed at him). Oh yeah, and the SBC didn't apologize for it until 1995. Religious fundamentalist wackos represent everything that is evil and wrong in this world.

1adam12
03-18-2005, 06:42 PM
This is almost as good as the Southern Baptist church justifying slavery by stating blacks were the descendents of Noah's son Ham (whose progeny were all doomed to a life of servitude just because he thought his naked drunk dad was funny and laughed at him). Oh yeah, and the SBC didn't apologize for it until 1995. Religious fundamentalist wackos represent everything that is evil and wrong in this world.

I would much rather sit down and have an intelligent conversation with a "religious fundamentalist" than to live in your sad world. BTW, the SBC has nothing to apologize for.

Midtowner
03-18-2005, 08:35 PM
I would much rather sit down and have an intelligent conversation with a "religious fundamentalist" than to live in your sad world. BTW, the SBC has nothing to apologize for.

So you agree with them about blacks being descended from the son of Ham and destined to lives of servitude?

Just asking.

Rev. Bob
03-19-2005, 02:59 AM
midtowner, give me some facts to back up your statements.

Homosexual fundamentalist wackos represent everything that is evil and wrong in this world.

Hey I feel offended, so I'm just twisting what you said for my benefit.

nurfe75
03-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey Midtowner, notice how people simply go on attack mode when they have no logical way of defending the actions of their religious wacko brethren?

Adam12--nothing to apologize for? I'd say 100 years of stating that blacks "deserve what they get" because you think they are descended from someone who did something naughty in a bible story constitues grounds for apology. But that's just me, I guess. Read up on your history of the SBC. The reason the Southern Baptist Convention even exists is BECAUSE they supported slavery and broke from the original baptist church during the abolitionist movement.

nurfe75
03-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Oh yeah, and your statement on Mormons doesn't even begin to go into how so many of them marry 13 year old girls. Classy group, they are. And I bet all those guys with 13-14 year old wives would love to jump on me for wanting to marry a man. At least I'm not a pedophile.

Midtowner
03-19-2005, 02:39 PM
midtowner, give me some facts to back up your statements.

Homosexual fundamentalist wackos represent everything that is evil and wrong in this world.

Hey I feel offended, so I'm just twisting what you said for my benefit.

Which statements are mine? I simply quoted words from mormon scholars trying to explain/justify their racist views.