View Full Version : Thunder in the month of March

earlywinegareth
03-16-2011, 08:52 PM
8-1!!!

Awesome performance in south beach tonite. Heat could learn a thing or 2 from our boys in the categories of poise and teamwork. Loved the win tonite!!!

Thunder
03-16-2011, 09:18 PM
And I thought this was about me. :-P

The team is doing good. I confess, I have not watch a single of their games (except for the playoffs against the Lakers), cuz I just don't watch basketball. Still, they're our team and one to be proud of. :-)

earlywinegareth
03-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Well, Thunda, I hope you are having as good a month as Our Boyz. I got so caught up in the game tonite, I had to stand on my front porch and watch thru the window like I do when OU plays Tejas. They took care of serious bidnezz in south Fla.

ljbab728
03-16-2011, 10:19 PM
The Thunder are getting on a roll at just the right time. They've won five in a row including the last 3 on the road and now have a 6 game home stretch. They need to run the table at home because of a bear of a schedule to end. They will have 6 road games and will have 3 against the Lakers and 2 against Denver after the home games. If things fall right, they are within striking distance of Dallas and LA for 2nd place in the West. There was a nice article about the Thunder today at espn.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=windhorst_brian&page=okcthunder-1103016

And this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110317/daily-dime

Easy180
03-17-2011, 04:11 AM
Should only get better going into the playoffs with Perkins getting back into the groove

Feels weird to say this but it will be a huge disappointment if they don't at least make it to the 2nd round this time

Kerry
03-17-2011, 08:42 AM
I thought the Thunder looked real good last night but they were playing the real Heat, not the media created Heat. That team is fading fast and have lost to half the team with .500 records they have played. The Philadelphia win that started the current streak was a much better win. The good news is, if they keep playing this way there is a good chance they won't lose again this year. They only play 3 teams above .500 for the rest of the season and their next 6 games are at home.

mcca7596
03-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Isn't it pretty rare to have that long of a homestand in the NBA?

Kerry
03-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Isn't it pretty rare to have that long of a homestand in the NBA?

Yes it is, but we play 6 of the last 9 on the road.

OKCisOK4me
03-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Well, Thunda, I hope you are having as good a month as Our Boyz. I got so caught up in the game tonite, I had to stand on my front porch and watch thru the window like I do when OU plays Tejas. They took care of serious bidnezz in south Fla.

You were outside lightin' one up weren't ya?! That's why I went out to watch the game. It was gonna be too intense and it was awesome!

The Thunder are getting on a roll at just the right time. They've won five in a row including the last 3 on the road and now have a 6 game home stretch. They need to run the table at home because of a bear of a schedule to end. They will have 6 road games and will have 3 against the Lakers and 2 against Denver after the home games. If things fall right, they are within striking distance of Dallas and LA for 2nd place in the West. There was a nice article about the Thunder today at espn.com.

We only play the Lakers once more this season and that is in LA. The schedule just says Los Angeles, but you forgot that the Clippers play at the Staples Center too. We have two games against the Clippers left. One here one there. Those two are winnable.

earlywinegareth
03-17-2011, 08:35 PM
You were outside lightin' one up weren't ya?! That's why I went out to watch the game. It was gonna be too intense and it was awesome!

Lol! Yep, that and i got kicked out of the house for "excessive zeal". It was fun. It seemed to me our boyz had that look in their eye that says they were gonna come out with a W. I love that.

ljbab728
03-17-2011, 09:42 PM
We only play the Lakers once more this season and that is in LA. The schedule just says Los Angeles, but you forgot that the Clippers play at the Staples Center too. We have two games against the Clippers left. One here one there. Those two are winnable.

You're absolutely right. I just glanced at the schedule and it said Los Angeles. Here is another interesting recent evaluation of the Thunder:

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/03/17/re-evaluating-the-x-factors-as-playoffs-near/

earlywinegareth
03-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Give the new guyz more time to become well integrated...by playoff time we are going to be serious threats to win the West.

ljbab728
03-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Give the new guyz more time to become well integrated...by playoff time we are going to be serious threats to win the West.

We're certainly within striking distance now of moving up to 2nd in the West standings before the playoffs. Either 2nd or 3rd is basically the same though when it comes to playoff possibilities.

TaoMaas
03-19-2011, 05:45 AM
The Thunder are getting on a roll at just the right time.

Yes, they are! The Heat were on a roll, too, but our "roll" rolled right over the Heat's roll. LOL This Thunder team is good! The next year or two will determine exactly how good they are.

Thunder
03-28-2011, 02:52 AM
Just heard a rumor that our team got a spot in the Playoffs. Hopefully we will get more home games during that.

Those guys over there with the Lakers once talked trash about OKC and the team will be choking again when they see us back in the Playoffs.

metro
03-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Its not a rumor, it's fact.

theparkman81
03-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Congratulations Thunder for clinching a playoff birth last night, watch the game on tv, it was a very good game, I hope that we go far in the playoffs this year.

ljbab728
03-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Just heard a rumor that our team got a spot in the Playoffs. Hopefully we will get more home games during that.

Those guys over there with the Lakers once talked trash about OKC and the team will be choking again when they see us back in the Playoffs.

Maybe I missed the trash talking from the Lakers. What are you referring to? I just saw an interview with Kobe Bryant in which he was extremely complementary about some of our players.

Thunder
03-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Maybe I missed the trash talking from the Lakers. What are you referring to? I just saw an interview with Kobe Bryant in which he was extremely complementary about some of our players.

They laughed about OKC getting a team blah blah blah.

ljbab728
03-28-2011, 11:28 PM
They laughed about OKC getting a team blah blah blah.

Do you have a link for that? I still never heard it.

Thunder
03-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Do you have a link for that? I still never heard it.

It was last year onward toward when we were getting a team. No one can ever forget.

ljbab728
03-28-2011, 11:43 PM
It was last year onward toward when we were getting a team. No one can ever forget.

I guess I forgot. I'm not trying to be difficult and you may be right. I would just like some evidence that we had been dissed by the Lakers.

Thunder
03-29-2011, 12:07 AM
I guess I forgot. I'm not trying to be difficult and you may be right. I would just like some evidence that we had been dissed by the Lakers.

Its somewhere buried on this site.

ljbab728
03-29-2011, 12:29 AM
Its somewhere buried on this site.

Could be, but I'm not going to be concerned about that unless I see something more concrete. We were bitter enemies with Japan at one time and things change. And as I said, the Lakers (Kobe) seem to be giving us a lot of respect now.

Thunder
03-29-2011, 01:49 AM
Could be, but I'm not going to be concerned about that unless I see something more concrete. We were bitter enemies with Japan at one time and things change. And as I said, the Lakers (Kobe) seem to be giving us a lot of respect now.

Yeah, they are afraid of us now. :-)

bombermwc
03-31-2011, 07:20 AM
I was pretty dissapointed in the Thunder's performance against Golden State this week. The 4th quarter showed how they still think like youngsters. They just expected Golden State to let them take the win with a 6 point lead with 2 minutes left. We had poor playing, poor shooting, just inattentive unfocused players those last few minutes. What did it get them? Overtime and a BARELY lucky missed shot win for us. We just as easily could have lost that game with the way Curry was shooting and not being blocked. It's the same old story where we don't play the ENTIRE game. You can't assume anything in the NBA...2 minutes is an eternity and that's when you lose games.

They are getting better each year as they learn to play WITH each other, but you can't get poor free throw shooters like Perkins and expect to win either. That was a bad trade. How can you be in the NBA and be a 40-50% free throw shooter...i mean damn folks. Haven't they been shooting free throws since they were 8 years old and they still only get it 50% of the time....come on. That should be a gimme shot.

Matt
03-31-2011, 08:07 AM
you can't get poor free throw shooters like Perkins and expect to win either. That was a bad trade.

Exactly, dude. It's like nobody even remembers how much the Lakers struggled after the poor FT-shooting Shaq joined the team.

Pull your head out of your ass, Presti!

Kerry
03-31-2011, 08:26 AM
Bomber - I am guessing you didn't watch the Pheonix game last night. Perkins went 5 of 6 (83%) from the free throw line. He scored 13 point in 14 minutes (which just happens to be the highest point to minute ratio on the team) The Thunder are 9-1 with Perkins in the game.

G.Walker
03-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Everybody can't be perfect all around, people don't understand that Perkins is a DEFENSIVE player, just like Sefalosha. Don't expect Perkins to score a lot, or hit many free throws. All we need him to do is rebound, and block shots, if he gives us 8ppg that will be fine. We have enough scoring out of Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka. Perkins it the best thing that happened to the Thunder recently, you guys don't know your sports. Presti made a smart move, give Perkins time to grow with the team, he is getting better and better every game.

But you don't see people ranting on here on how Westbrook leads the league in turnovers, go figure!

Easy180
03-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Aren't they 15-2 in March? How is it even possible there are any negative postings right now?

ljbab728
03-31-2011, 10:09 PM
Aren't they 15-2 in March? How is it even possible there are any negative postings right now?

Because they weren't 17-0. LOL

You're forgetting this is Oklahoma where we expect OU to be undefeated and win the national championship every year.

bombermwc
04-02-2011, 09:21 AM
What I was saying is that I expect them to play the entire game though. Not to jerk around playing parking lot ball the last 5 minutes and almost lose because of it.

ljbab728
04-02-2011, 09:15 PM
What I was saying is that I expect them to play the entire game though. Not to jerk around playing parking lot ball the last 5 minutes and almost lose because of it.

I agree it wasn't pretty but the key phrase there is "almost lost". They didn't lose. The NBA is all about wins and loses. Style points don't matter. We would have loved last year to say that OU "almost lost" to Missouri or A&M even if they looked lousy doing it.