View Full Version : Gourmet Deli on western

OKCretro
03-16-2011, 11:59 AM
closed down a few months ago. Louie's is moving in.

metro
03-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Geez, Louies is really saturating the market

rcjunkie
03-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Geez, Louies is really saturating the market

Have to, Coach Stoops needs the money. LOL

OKCTalker
03-16-2011, 03:44 PM
They're also moving into the former Midtown Deli location at 11th & Walker.

onthestrip
03-16-2011, 09:13 PM
No kidding about the saturation. And of all the ones they've recently opened I wonder about the longevity of this one. Not sure the Nichols hills crowd will be into Louies.

And Stoops might have been an investor in Norman and other early locations but maybe not so much now. Ive heard these new Louies sometimes have a ton of partners, like 15 of them.

rcjunkie
03-17-2011, 06:10 AM
No kidding about the saturation. And of all the ones they've recently opened I wonder about the longevity of this one. Not sure the Nichols hills crowd will be into Louies.

And Stoops might have been an investor in Norman and other early locations but maybe not so much now. Ive heard these new Louies sometimes have a ton of partners, like 15 of them.

There's 11 investors, Stoops (Bob and Mike) being two.

OKCMallen
03-17-2011, 08:37 AM

They're into Earl's, which isn't exactly The Ritz. Louie's will be fine there, IMO. Good place you can get an OK meal, a beer, watch some sports without breaking the bank. The only other option there right now is Classen Cruve (not very cheap usually) or Hudson's, which can be smoky and trashy.

J. Pitman
03-17-2011, 10:32 AM
The food there is pretty awful.

rcjunkie
03-17-2011, 10:35 AM
The food there is pretty awful.

Where, Louie's, Earl's, Hudson's, ?

OKCTalker
03-17-2011, 11:05 AM
They're into Earl's, which isn't exactly The Ritz. Louie's will be fine there, IMO. Good place you can get an OK meal, a beer, watch some sports without breaking the bank. The only other option there right now is Classen Cruve (not very cheap usually) or Hudson's, which can be smoky and trashy.

There are LOTS of options on Western for non-nat'l-chain restaurants. Just between Wilshire & 63rd: Tokyo Sushi, Brown Bag, City Bites, West, Hideaway, Saturn Grill, Coolgreens, Coach House, NH Drug (lunch counter), Mamasita's, the Metro, Snow Pea, Henry Hudson's & Irma's. I missed a couple, but there's 14 in that one mile.

J. Pitman
03-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Where, Louie's, Earl's, Hudson's, ?

Louie's

Just my opinion

OKCMallen
03-17-2011, 01:10 PM
There are LOTS of options on Western for non-nat'l-chain restaurants. Just between Wilshire & 63rd: Tokyo Sushi, Brown Bag, City Bites, West, Hideaway, Saturn Grill, Coolgreens, Coach House, NH Drug (lunch counter), Mamasita's, the Metro, Snow Pea, Henry Hudson's & Irma's. I missed a couple, but there's 14 in that one mile.

What you missed was my point. Only thing you mentioned that is close to a cheaper, watch the game casually, beer place that I missed is Mamasita's. And even THAT is just because the locals have turned the bar area into a hangout as opposed to it being a tex mex place with a bar.

Places that break the bank: Tokyo, West, Coach House, the Metro
Places you can't get a beer and enjoy it: City Bites, Saturn Grill, Cool Greens, Snow Pea
Places you can't enjoy watching the game: Hudsons (trashy and smoky), Irma's (I guess you could sit at that bar but no one ever does for any long period of time), Brown Bag, etc etc.

My point is that, really, Louie's is somewhat unique for the area. It's not just a restaurant to grab a meal.

micesu
03-24-2011, 03:36 PM
The Gourmet Deli in Norman may be closing soon. The owner wants to retire. Her husband ran the one on Western and his health issues was the main reason they shut it down.