View Full Version : How many pets do you own, what types and what are their names/nicknames

Pages : [1] 2

kellekokid
03-17-2005, 02:28 AM
Right now I own 2 dogs, mixed breeds Jenny looks like a whippet but I think she may have some lab in her only cause her brother looked like a pure blonde lab. When we got Lou, the vet we had at the time, said his Mom is a Collie, German Shephard mix and his Dad is a Wiredhaired terrier and cocker spanial mix.....he looks just like a Corgi!! I think the only thing GS about him is that one ear sticking up straight ha They both have several nicknames from Little Girl, Sister, Jen-Jen, Jinger, Little Man, The Boy, Louber, Brother and then there is Vinnie Valentino our Betta Fish his names just range from Vinnie or Tino.
Pictures of all of them are in the photo gallery if ya care to puruse there

:calvin2:

mranderson
03-17-2005, 07:26 AM
I have a dog. She is a Westipoo which is a cross between a Westhighland Terrier and a Poodle. Her name is Holly. Nicknames include, Bear, Boobear, rat, aminal (no misprint), and several I can not publish publically.

As with many, such as Jenn, Lou and Jackson, she can be found in the Gallery.

Midtowner
03-17-2005, 08:04 AM
2 cats -- one is closest to being a Russian Blue, 2 years old. The other is a full-blood Maine Coon 1 year old.

Adopted both from the shelter.

We also have a hamster.

Russian Blue = Anchovy
Maine Coon = Tolstoy
Hamster = I forgot/don't care

kellekokid
03-17-2005, 11:07 AM
2 cats -- one is closest to being a Russian Blue, 2 years old. The other is a full-blood Maine Coon 1 year old.

Adopted both from the shelter.

We also have a hamster.

Russian Blue = Anchovy
Maine Coon = Tolstoy
Hamster = I forgot/don't care

What an intersting name for a hamster....;)
I had a cat years ago named Penny, she was all grey and black streaks but had one copper colored spot under her "arm" (guess that would also be known as the front leg....) so that's how she got that name.
My Mom had a black cat (one of many through the years) Dad used to say he thought the cat's name was "dammit" cause that's what Mom kept saying to it the first nite she had it home....she was trying to get it out from behind the couch and all you could hear was Rowdy as he became known...running full tilt from side to side and Mom hollering "Dammit!" lol

CMSturgeon
03-23-2007, 04:37 PM
I own a 7 year old Shih Tzu named Gingerbaby. I also have 9 fish in a 55 gallon fish tank at home with no names, 1 algae eater, and I can't remember the different other types of fish we have. lol. And I have a beta here at work that I come to own by accident that is named Terry B. after one of the investors.

okiemom
03-23-2007, 07:49 PM
As of today, we have three pets. One barn cat and two purebred Pembroke Welch Corgis. The new puppy is adorable. We picked him up from the airport today at 4:30. So far, I've almost used a full roll of film.
Our 2.5 year red male (Yogi) seems to be handling the addition to our family quite well. Now all I have to do is think of a name for the new boy.

mranderson
03-23-2007, 08:07 PM
I will always claim Holly, my Westhighland. She died last year (on January 2, 2006, of cancer) as many of you know.

Currently, we have two purebreed Jack Russells, Caleigh and Sadie and Our newest canine child, a canine son named Mr. Magoo who is half Italian Grayhound and half Jack Russell.

I call Caleigh Caleigh Lou and Sadie Sadie Sue. Magoo is little man, or baby boy. Holly was and always will be Boo-Bear.

(I guess this thread is older than I thought. It turns out to be an update. Sorry)

Easy180
03-23-2007, 09:08 PM
2 min pins....5 yr old brotha's...Fletcher and Frazier

PUGalicious
03-24-2007, 05:55 AM
This will probably come as a surprise... but our family has two pugs as well as a lhasa apso.

Our youngest pug is named Samuel Elijah Nicholas... and we call him Sam, Sammy, Sammer, Stinker and (the one I use myself alot) My Buddy. We got him from a breeder as a pup. Now he's nearly 2 years old.

Our older pug is named Princess Feona... and we call her Princess, Big Girl (because she is a big girl) and Sweetie. Princess was the name she had when we adopted her and that's really the only thing she will answer/respond to. We found her by way of a fellow OKCTalker who was looking for a home for her. She's been a blessing to our family ever since she arrived! She's 3+ years old.

Our lhasa apso is named Gideon Michael David... and we call him Gideon, Gid, Mop and any other thing that fits the moment. He's 5 years old and we got him from the Edmond Animal Shelter. After checking with a few different vets, it appears that he is pure bred and was simply abandoned.

Even as I write this, the two pugs are lying next to and on me. There's barely enough room for my laptop to sit on my lap in between the two dogs!

Here's a pic of all three (from left to right, Sam, Gideon and Princess)...

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/sam-gid-princess.jpg

Intrepid
03-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Well, before my divorce, I owned 3 dogs:

Beagle - Aubree
Lab/Shepherd Mix - Charlie
Border Collie - Katie

And a cat named Jaspyr (he has since passed on due to feline leukemia)

Now, after the divorce, I own two crazy cats, Smokey and Sydney. One is extremely playful and climbs on everything (Smokey) and the other will run if you look at her wrong, and then later will come up to you, rub on your legs and "squawk" at you for no apparent reason.

I'd love to someday get another dog (preferrably black or yellow lab), but with being in an apartment, I don't really think it would be fair to have another big dog that would have to be couped up all day while I'm at work.

SoonerBent
03-24-2007, 04:58 PM
A black standard poodle named Sable - she's 18+ and is in good shape for her age but can't last too much longer as she's already 2 or more years older than their expected life span. I will be very sad when the day comes. She's my baby.

A mini schauzer named Suzi - a complete nut case, cute as anything.

Two cats named Harley and Willie - they're both about 1 1/2 years old and can be a complete terror when they want to. But they're absolutely adorable most of the time.

Keith
03-24-2007, 06:04 PM
One dog named Scout. She has some Labrador and shepherd in her. She is a little over 3 years old, and we adopted her from PetsMart when she was a puppy. She has been an excellent dog. Not only is she great with the kids, but she is also a good watch dog.

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/2/medium/Scout.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/snowy_day_003.jpg

aintaokie
03-24-2007, 06:08 PM
We have 4 pets (the varmits), a large weiner dog named doppy and a miniature weiner dog named suzzy. We have two cats, Reises (she is brown and black like the peanut butter cups) and she is almost 18 yrs old. The other is Twinkles who is a grouchy, fatassed old calico cat who hisses at everyone and is easily annoyed. I have lot's of fun tormenting her. She has lot's of fun scratching me up.

CMSturgeon
03-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Keith, that is so cool that you adopted a dog. You saved a life. :)

Intrepid
03-24-2007, 08:32 PM
I forgot to mention that Charlie was adopted from PetSmart, and my two cats came from Pets and People in Yukon.

Katie was also rescued when she was found hanging around my ex's office in Norman.

Keith
03-24-2007, 09:00 PM
It is so nice to see so many members on this forum adopting animals. That's what it is all about.

PUGalicious
03-25-2007, 07:09 AM
I agree. Two out of our three were adopted.

BTW, Keith, gorgeous dog!

Lauri101
03-25-2007, 11:06 AM
4 cats, all rescued from the street:

Shannon, age 15, appears to be Russian Blue, spayed female

Rufus, age unknown, yellow tabby, still a Tom and all boy

Callie, Norwegian Forest Cat(aka - a Wegie), age 7, spayed female

Prissy, age 6, daughter of Callie, spayed female, Wegie/short-hair combo, spayed female

Shannon is 100% indoor, the rest keep us busy as door-openers. Rufus says "out" very distinctly!

We also seem to feed anywhere from 5-7 other feral cats. I think this house has a reputation as a good place to get a free cat-meal

JIMBO
03-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Two male border collie- lab mixed named Gizmo and Stripe. Also two very unsocial parakeets named Bud and Lou

otis
04-03-2007, 07:24 AM
one black male pug (otis)

Three cockatiles
Sammy, boy 12 or 13 yrs old rescue bird
Polly, female 4 yrs old
Alex, female 4 yrs old

Otis

NE Oasis
04-03-2007, 08:52 AM
One dog (Kaytee) a Lhasa - ****zu mix (yes, a lhasa-****z)
The cat (Mr Boo Boo) was the barn cat until my beloved bride was told if we feed him he would be less likely to decimate the local bird population. He has porch priviliges but is not allowed inside.

PUGalicious
04-03-2007, 09:02 AM
One dog (Kaytee) a Lhasa - ****zu mix (yes, a lhasa-****z)
:LolLolLol:LolLolLol:LolLolLol:LolLolLol:LolLolLol ROFLMAO!!!

Tim
04-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Molly the Wonder Dog was adopted from the Edmond Shelter as well. She's half Jack Russell terrier and half Chihuahua. On a previous thread you helped decide to call the breed "Chirrier". I have some other names.

Angelicfly
04-03-2007, 02:08 PM
I have One chihuahua that believes he's royalty (or I should say he owns me). I didn't get him from a shelter but I will say that all of the other dogs in his litter went to awful homes and they're all deceased. Its sad and if we had known we would have found suitable homes for them.

His name is Midnite but it was almost Snickers bc he's the colors of a snicker's bar, lol. His brother (that belongs to my brother) from a litter two years later is Bear and he was almost named sugar cookie bc he's that color. Talk about horrible pet names. Now I think I would have rather named my dog Steve and my brother's dog Frank, they think they're people anyways.

mbs
04-11-2007, 07:32 PM
I have a black male pug, Corky, also known as Porky, and occasionally, Pest. He is about 7 y/o. He's starting to show his age, getting a little gray hair, sleeping a lot more, his joints seem to be a little stiff in the mornings, and he's putting on a little weight. Of course, that description could also apply to his owner. We love him dearly, although he is always into something, especially the trash can. I love the quote about pugs in the post above, it's so true. Pugs are so loving, and you just have to laugh when you look at one.

AFCM
04-11-2007, 10:16 PM
My little girl is a three year old mutt named Tallica, but she goes by Talli. Tallica is a derivative of Metallica, and how I named her is a long story that I'll attempt to make short.

As a young airman stationed in Idaho, I was shot down for months by another beautiful airmen named Jessica. Finally, one day at the chow hall, Jessica gave me the time of day. I was wearing a Metallica shirt and she mentioned how Metallica was her favorite band. She also mentioned she just bought a guitar and was wanting to learn how to play, Metallica songs in particular. Well, I thought she was full of crap, but I saw this as an opportunity to spend more time with her. Seriously, I was a HUGE Metallica fan, and I could play every single one of their songs on guitar, so I offered to teach her (more as a selfish way to spend time with her). BTW, to prove to me how serious she was, Jessica showed me her Metallica tattoo on her upper back...as if the room decorations weren't enough. This chick was AWESOME! Well, we fell in love that night (April 28, 2003) and as fate would have it, Metallica was scheduled to perform live in her hometown of Lousiville, KY, on our one year anniversary.

Now, about this time we began looking for a house and had discussed our interest in animals. We both agreed getting a dog would be a great idea, so we began looking for a Rott. While down in KY, her mother surprised us with a litter of Lab/Rott mix puppies she was trying to give away for a friend and told us we could take one if we wanted. We fell in love with one dog in particular, and since we were seeing Metallica that night on our one year anniversary, we decided to name her Tallica.

Talli looks more like a lab now, but has the markings of a Rott. She weighs in a 40 pounds and is an escape artist. She is extremely hyper and curious, but is an excellent guard dog and very lovable. Her accomplishments are learning to sit, shake, and lie down. She doesn't like having her tail touched, but like every dog, loves having her belly rubbed. Below are a few pics of Talli, taken this Easter (which is why she is wearing bunny ears in one of them).

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i300/aimforcentermass/TallionEaster2007.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i300/aimforcentermass/Samooches.jpg

OkieKAS
05-22-2007, 12:24 AM
I own 3 pets and my son owns 1.....actually, they own us!

Zoi is my 3 yr old Chihuahua, female, and her Mom, Suki, is 9 yrs old. Zoi-Moi is a sweetie and loves me stupendously! Suki is somewhat more solitary and only appreciates hugs and kisses once in a blue moon. Zoi is the princess because Suki is the queen! They do not enjoy clothing, bows or frills, however. Once, I tried to paint Zoi's nails and she ran all around my bed, leaving red polish all over the comforter!

Then we have GrayBoy, an abandoned kitty, whom I fed baby - formula. He is 8 mths. Quite lazy as cats go, even for a Tom-Cat. This week he is experiencing difficulties because the birds are nesting and they do not seem to appreciate him lazing about. They peck and fly at him and he just continues to lay there and squeal because his naps are interrupted. When I light a candle out on the deck in memory of my daughter, Leslie, he crawls over the rail to it and snuffs it out with his paw.

My son, who lives by me, has an 8 mth old Blue Healer, named Jaeger. (pro: Yay - Ger) I call him YaY-YaY. He is quite smart but very hyper. But we are training him, constantly. He takes to training very well.

The Chi-Chi girlz do not care for him, however. He likes to use them as bowling pins, and they do not care for his strikes. Sometimes Jaeger has a chihuahua attached to him on both ends. He is learning to keep a wide path from them.
One of these days we are gonna tie a pink bow on him and paint his nails!

Dark Jedi
06-06-2007, 08:18 AM
4 dogs.

Smokey - Norwegian Elkhound/sneaky neighbor dog mix. 12 years old.
Bull - Boxer/Lab mix. 9 years old. (Named after Richard Moll's character. Big, dumb, gentle, and loveable.)
Bozette (Bozo) - Austrailian Shepherd/Heeler mix. 2 years old.
Precious - Black and Tan Coon Hound. 6 months old.

I'm kind of a dog person. We do not care about breed, we rescue dogs that need rescuing. The coonhound was sick at the shelter, and scheduled to be put down as a 6 week old pup, so we fostered her (and her 3 sisters). Once they were healthy they went back, but she did not adjust to shelter life... no one wants to adopt the dog that cowers at the back of the cage when they approach. So when her time was up, we saved her from the incinerator again... permanently this time.
The downside: 4 dogs means we won't foster anymore. We know our limits.

Pete
06-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Here's my gang...

I have two Labradors: Reina (yellow) and her daughter Jette (black):

http://images24.fotki.com/v802/photos/1/1131078/4851158/121305JetteReinasmall-vi.jpg?1177096406

And two Abyssinian cats: Sunny (ruddy) and her daughter Venus (blue):

http://images24.fotki.com/v872/photos/1/1131078/4823186/SunnyVenus-vi.jpg?1181140321

Venus is now all grown up and currently has a litter of three:

http://images24.fotki.com/v801/photos/1/1131078/4823186/425075-vi.jpg?1177520084

bandnerd
06-06-2007, 09:00 AM
OMG I want I want!

But hubby won't let me :( ;) Those kittens are ADORABLE!

Karried
06-06-2007, 09:05 AM
oohhhh .... baby labs!!!

That looks like Kodi when he was a baby!

I just took this picture ... I love my Kodi!

I call him Toady sometimes as a nickname...

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7528/cameramay07235il6.jpg

Karried
06-06-2007, 09:10 AM
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2139/cameramay07237zf3.jpg

I like this one because he looks happier!

*I had to post another because I'm sort of pleased with myself and my picture taking abilities this morning ...lol

(If could see the type of blurry out of focus pics I usually produce, you would understand!)

Malibusooner, those are gorgeous cats.

Pete
06-06-2007, 09:47 AM
bandnerd, don't worry... All my kitties are spoken for! There is a high demand, as Abys are really cool cats -- very dog-like in many ways.

Here's a previous litter where all colors (ruddy, fawn & red) are represented except blue:

http://images12.fotki.com/v236/photos/1/1131078/4858985/1113051-vi.jpg?1178206351

And Jette was from a litter of 10:

http://images23.fotki.com/v858/photos/1/1131078/4858985/collage2-vi.jpg?1181144476

And since there was some overlap, they all learned to get along fine:

http://images23.fotki.com/v866/photos/1/1131078/4858985/shoe-vi.jpg?1180328366

http://images24.fotki.com/v863/photos/1/1131078/4858985/1125051small-vi.jpg?1181144626

http://images23.fotki.com/v878/photos/1/1131078/4858985/1213059-vi.jpg?1181144794

Tim
06-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks Malibu! I was griping about sweeping up dog hair from one little Jack Russell/Chihuahua. I feel a whole lot better now!

Pete
06-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Yeah... When I open my windows -- especially during shedding season -- I sometimes get pet hair drifts! :)

The Dyson vac I invested in a couple of years ago is worth every penny.

bandnerd
06-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Omg that is too adorable!

Tim
06-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Yeah... When I open my windows -- especially during shedding season -- I sometimes get pet hair drifts! :)

The Dyson vac I invested in a couple of years ago is worth every penny.

My house was built in '29, hardwood floors throughout. We have dustbunny vs hairbunny races!

Martin
06-06-2007, 10:06 AM
oops. looks like i accidentally typed 'cuteoverload' into my web browser.

-M

PUGalicious
06-06-2007, 10:08 AM
I've lost count, Malibu. How many creatures do you have under your roof???

Karried
06-06-2007, 10:10 AM
I miss my cat Zoe. We brought her out from CA and she loved it here. She played and hunted in the creek behind our house but one day became the 'hunted' we think. She disappeared and we never found her. Still breaks my heart.

That is so sweet.. your lab adopted those kitties right off the bat?

Those lab babies make me want another one! But, I'm happy to say we have outgrown the chewing phase so I think we'll just stick with our big boy.

Karried
06-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Actually looking at those pics again...how on earth did you get your babies to sit still for a photo?

Pete
06-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Karried, I take tons of photos and then a few turn out. Most of them are just blurs and butts but of course, they don't make the final cut!

As for the number of pets, I just have the 2 dogs and 2 cats. Of the litter of 3 kittens, 1 has already gone to it's new home and the other two will be leaving this weekend.

But... Over the holidays last year I had my one dog, 10 puppies, 2 cats and 5 kittens -- all at the same time.

For a while there, it was like living on a farm! Up very early to tend to them all and as soon as I was done, there was some other mess or feeding that required my attention. But of course, it was a blast.

PUGalicious
06-06-2007, 10:53 AM
They are all adorable... but 18 critters in one house all at the same time??? And 15 little ones among? :dizzy: Better you than me!

Misty
06-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Ok, I have a 15 year old cat. He’s an old Okie from Lawton (unfortunately I lived there from ages 18-21). His name is Chocolate Todd Kemp, but I call him Choco or Chocs. Here are some of his favorite aliases:

Chocs Cousteau (when he feels like scuba diving)
Sir Chocs a Lot (when kitty got back)
Chocolat (when he’s feeling French)
Chocolatte (when he’s feeling Italian)

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-08-2007, 02:24 AM
You guys are making me think I need a dog.

CCOKC
06-09-2007, 12:42 AM
We have one lab mix named Molly. You can see us regularly at the Lake Hefner dog park. She is the one terrorizing all of the other dogs.
We also have 5 cats if you don't count the stray we feed and vaccinate.
The smallest is Lace at 4 lbs and the biggest is Rosie at 17lbs. Her full name is Conchita Martina Rosita Sosweeta (big name for a big cat.) We found her and her sister Tiger in Wimberly Texas when they were just kittens. They had been abused and Rose's tail is permanently bent in 2 places. Lace's children also live with us. Her son is Rascal and her daughter is Paws. Everybody seems to get along pretty well as we can tell in the morning when we wake up and usually have at least 3 animals in bed with us. Molly is usually in between my husband and myself. All of the animals were some kind of stray or please can you give her a home kind of pet. We are just suckers I know. Please, don't ever ask my husband to give a child a home. I know it will happen some day but I think I am just a little too old to raise any more children.

betts
07-27-2007, 05:54 AM
I've got three dogs. Alix is a Brittany and she's 11, Merry (10) and Chloe (1) are Welsh corgis of the Pembroke variety. They're all great, although Alix and Merry have slowed down a lot recently. Looking at the Abyssinian kittens makes me nostalgic. We had one, Spoof, a long time ago. He was the best cat ever. He loved to fetch, but his favorite fetching item was a piece of green pepper. Whenever I was chopping one he would fuss at me until I gave him a piece. I then had to play fetch with him until it was completely mangled.

Express Girl
07-30-2007, 11:57 AM
We just have a hamster named Wapples (technically Wapples IV, but don't tell my son that!) He is the longest living we've had so far - 1yr, 7 months from date of purchase :-P

I want a dog. I hate touching the hamster :(

rugbybrado
07-31-2007, 05:20 PM
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v57/101/95/17111131/n17111131_32217762_8021.jpg

here is my beast...watch out she is dangerous.

Karried
07-31-2007, 09:07 PM
lol... she looks a little 'dangerous' but I'll bet she is the sweetest thing imaginable!

CrimsonOberon
08-16-2007, 04:36 PM
3 of the snobbiest cats God ever created.:whiteflag

Two Himalayans: one male (Hobbes) & one female (Calvin); as well as a Tabby (Moochie.)

Rifleman2C
08-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Hey CO... you named the female Himalayan Calvin?

We have a 19-pound Tabby named Boo and a 13-pound Domestic Calico named Gracie... we don't seem to grow them small around this household!

CrimsonOberon
08-28-2007, 06:14 AM
Hey CO... you named the female Himalayan Calvin?

We have a 19-pound Tabby named Boo and a 13-pound Domestic Calico named Gracie... we don't seem to grow them small around this household!

No. They were already named when they were given to us by an acquaintance who couldn't care for them anymore.

19lbs & 13lbs?!!
Let me guess, they absolutely love to be held, right?:D

Rifleman2C
08-28-2007, 12:40 PM
19lbs & 13lbs?!!
Let me guess, they absolutely love to be held, right?:D

Spot on!

Both of them vie for my wife's attention, and they both love to 'cuddle' with her whenever they have her availability. I'm just the poor substitute in this whole thing...

PRWebber
01-29-2008, 02:14 PM
We have a Leonburger and a rescue lab. The Leonburgers' name is Duncan, but we usually call him Dunker-do or Pooper Head! *LOL* The labs' name is Sadie, and we call her Sadie Lady or Sweety Pancake (don't ask where that came from) ha!

bvilleokie
02-05-2008, 10:19 AM
I have two dogs. A black cocker, Mandi and a Labradoodle, Jake. They are both great dogs and love kids.

mcbee04
02-06-2008, 02:38 PM
I have a cocker spaniel named Dogbert, who acts like I directly inject caffeine into his veins, a ball python named Tim that doesn't do much of anything unless you're a mouse, a beta named Maxwell (he lives in an old coffee pot), and 'Cado, the avocado plant I grew after turning the rest of him into guacamole.

Jesseda
02-08-2008, 07:07 AM
i HAVE 2 DOGS

BOSTON TERRIER 4 YEARS OLD HER NAME IS LIBBY DOO NO RELATION TO SCOOBY DOO.
AND A 9 WEEK OLD CHINESE PUG NAMED LUNA LOVEGOOD.

t3h_wookiee
03-27-2008, 10:52 AM
We have two Pembroke Welsh Corgies, Ein a 6 year old male, and Nani, an almost 5 year old female. We also have a gray striped kitty named Mara Jade. :)

Redskin 70
04-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Chigger the min pin......rescued puppy runt of litter no one wanted and the owner was going to put him down....Great little tyke
Cha-cha the Boston bull dog......again a rescue from the OKC shelter. We call her chacha because she does this little dance for food
Lucky the Siamese.......rescued as a kitten. CHewed up by a car fan.
Audie the mutt cat......daughter rescued her one cold wintry blustery day along side the road in MW City.

50 assorted chickens...........all hatched by my own little hands.:tiphat: