View Full Version : Very Impressed!

bucktalk
03-01-2011, 03:21 PM
We received a post card today from Crosspointe Community Church...wow! Sounds like this church actually gets 'it' regarding what a church really can be in a community. I also noticed their web site
http://www.edmondcrosspointe.com

betterthanbefore
03-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Have been attending Crosspointe for several weeks now. Its a smaller group of people which is totally refreshing for me and my family. There is something more genuine for me in a smaller setting instead of the mega sitting for church. I absolutey love how many ways they give back to the community. It seems as though the focus and passion is in the right place - awesome! Their "let us introduce ourselves" Sunday is March 6. Very exciting!

bucktalk
03-02-2011, 02:15 PM
I think their online community survey is a great idea! Actually allows input in how to become a stronger community.

bucktalk
03-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Apparently they have one service time thus far - 10:15 with some kind of coffee time at 9:29

betterthanbefore
03-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Worshipped there Sunday....incredible! So refreshing to gather in a smaller group and not feel like a number. Big churches are fine for those who feel like that's where they need to be. But I want to feel like I can be a part of a smaller church setting where people actually miss us when we're gone and we can get involved. My family will be back this Sunday....

bucktalk
03-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Was it a marathon kind of service or pretty reasonable?

betterthanbefore
03-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Was it a marathon kind of service or pretty reasonable?
Actually the service was so well done that I didn't really notice. My guess is--about an hour. Everything and everyone seemed so geniune. One thing it seems you have to watch for in Edmond is not getting caught up in church life so you can keep up with the Jones's. One thing I appreciated from the pastor was his acknowledgment that life IS difficult and how to respond to the difficulties....refreshing to have such honesty.....

bucktalk
03-12-2011, 06:29 AM
This is a little off topic but - have you eaten at Katies dinner, next door to Crosspointe? Someone said it was pretty good.....

betterthanbefore
03-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Yes - I'd say it's good. Its about what you'd think of a small diner. We ate there after the worship service at Crosspointe a few Sunday's ago.

metro
03-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Worshipped there Sunday....incredible! So refreshing to gather in a smaller group and not feel like a number. Big churches are fine for those who feel like that's where they need to be. But I want to feel like I can be a part of a smaller church setting where people actually miss us when we're gone and we can get involved. My family will be back this Sunday....
Most people fit in "mega churches" because they are actively involved with a small group, so that since of community is still there, and the amenities and talent a larger church can bring is also there. Doesn't matter though, glad you found somewhere you fit in, after all, we're on the same team, church isn't a competition.

bucktalk
03-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Agreed. The beauty of various churches is there is a 'fit' for everyone. My personal caution is to make sure I don't simply become a spectator where I simply sit and soak. My conviction is that I find the place where I can 'give' in service more than just 'sitting' in a service.

betterthanbefore
03-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Agreed. The beauty of various churches is there is a 'fit' for everyone. My personal caution is to make sure I don't simply become a spectator where I simply sit and soak. My conviction is that I find the place where I can 'give' in service more than just 'sitting' in a service.

Yes! I attended a mega church for a while. After attending for a couple years I realized I was becoming spiritually lazy. It felt like I was going 'to' church rather than doing my part to 'be' the church. I don't blame the mega church for making me feel this way - it was my own fault. However I sense the smaller church fits me well because they find places where I can be used and they build on 'team' concept which makes me feel like I'm a vital part to what they are trying to accomplish.

bucktalk
03-19-2011, 04:45 PM
I love their 'coming attractions' display in the windows in front of their place....very cool!

betterthanbefore
03-24-2011, 09:58 AM
I love their 'coming attractions' display in the windows in front of their place....very cool!

Planning on visiting this Sunday - you plan on being there?

bucktalk
03-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Planning on visiting this Sunday - you plan on being there?

Yes -that's the plan! 10:15 right?

betterthanbefore
03-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Unplanned family issues kept us home yesterday....grrrr. Hope to see you next Sunday....promise!

betterthanbefore
03-31-2011, 07:40 AM
Yes -that's the plan! 10:15 right?

Ever tried their morning cafe time?

bucktalk
04-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Ever tried their morning cafe time?

Yes - its not your ordinary before church coffee event. You will find great breakfast treats but all donations go toward ministry projects. They recently gave several hundred dollars to Edmond Mobile Meals through their cafe donation....cool...very cool!

betterthanbefore
04-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Crosspointe was at the various laundrymat's in Edmond Saturday and Sunday. What a cool idea to help people pay for their laundry and helping with a dreaded chore! Very nice!

bucktalk
04-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Crosspointe was at the various laundrymat's in Edmond Saturday and Sunday. What a cool idea to help people pay for their laundry and helping with a dreaded chore! Very nice!

You going to be there in the morning? Thought we'd try the Cafe 9:29....

bucktalk
04-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Heading to Crosspointe Community Church for Easter....have to thank the Lord for this rain!!