View Full Version : What's going on NW corner of I-40 & Post Rd.?

aggieswife
02-26-2011, 10:29 PM
the land was quickly cleared in the past week or so....
my husband said the highway exits from douglas is moving to post rd....all for Tinker?

dunno?

Watson410
02-27-2011, 03:26 PM
I seriously doubt they would shut down the Douglas ramps... Now, they may be adding ramps at I-40 and Post, but not shutting any down. I have no idea tho. Anyone?

oneforone
02-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Over the years I have heard people I knew from Tinker (civilian and military) say the Air Force was exploring the idea of closing or relocating Doulgas Blvd between 240 and 29th. As it is several military facilities are on the east side of Douglas and more are under construction or in the planning stages.

If they make improvements to Post, that would line things up for closing/moving Douglas.

bombermwc
02-28-2011, 07:46 AM
The idea of closing Douglas has been around for years. They don't like people driving that close to the runway (although I fail to see how 240 is any different than Douglas). They also feel boxed in now that they have facilities on both sides of the road. They'd rather be able to extend the borders of the base to at least a 1/4 mile east of Douglas.

It would, of course, be a MAJOR pain in the rear to everyone that uses Douglas. But, if Post is improved south of 29th (that includes the 2-lane bridge over I40), then it's really not THAT much more driving. It just makes it take that much longer to get around Tinker. It's annoying quite often to have to drive all the way around from 240/sooner to 29th and Midwest and you can't take Midwest or Air Depot. But, it's a small inconvenience to have Tinker....so obviously Tinker wins.

grandshoemaster
03-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Guess what's going in over there?

Wait for it................................................ ........................

"Tony's Tree Plantation"

Now everybody calm down.

aggieswife
03-01-2011, 08:52 PM
really? Tony's Tree's? are they moving out of the Hiawassee location?

bombermwc
03-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Lol

grandshoemaster
03-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Yes.