Midtowner
03-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Why not dye the canal green?

Dr. Pepper
Presents
2005 St. Patricks Day
Block Party

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Corner of Sheridan & Oklahoma Ave. in the heart of Bricktown.

Follow the rainbow to the pot ‘o gold in Bricktown at the Bricktown St. Patrick’s Day Celebration Thursday, March 17. The grand celebration will be held outdoors under tents on the corner of Sheridan & Oklahoma in the heart of Bricktown.

Come and enjoy FREE green eggs & ham, while supplies last from 6am-10am. Live music will start at Noon and rock on until Midnight.

Continuous Live Music: Thursday, March 17

Noon - 12:30 Scottish Mayhem
12:30 - 1:30 The O'Kellys
1:30 - 2:00 Scottish Mayhem
2:00 - 3:00 The Counterfeit Bards
3:00 - 3:30 Scottish Mayhem
3:30 - 5:00 Banish Misfortune
5:15 - 6:45 Calliope House
7:00 - 8:30 Billy Paul and the Blues Saloon Revue
8:45 - 10:15 Pinky and the Snakeshakers
10:30 - Midnight Time Machine

All ages welcome – admission is FREE! Come and enjoy ice-cold Budweiser beer served in souvenir pitchers, Coca-Cola products, food, T-shirts, beads, and more.

No food, drinks, coolers, video cameras, or pets allowed.

Presented by: Dr. Pepper

Major sponsors: The Oklahoman, Budweiser, Sprint, Lamar Outdoor, and Cox Communications

Participating Sponsors: McClain's RV and USA Screenprinting

Produced by Brewer Entertainment: For more information please call 405-236-4143.
www.bricktownokc.com | www.brewerentertainment.com

Patrick
03-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Why not dye the canal green?

They've already put green dye in the canal water...does that count?

Midtowner
03-18-2005, 03:51 PM
They've already put green dye in the canal water...does that count?

It wasn't green enough.

I spent the majority of my St. Paddy's Day celebration at Bricktown Brewery. Their beer is okay -- better than what you'd find in any other bar but tapwerks, but I like the Brewery's atmosphere better for hanging out. Tapwerks is crowded, noisy, and tons more expensive. I spent maybe $25.00 on beer last night, where in the same span, I'd spend two or three times that much at Tapwerks...

Also, I learned something last night..

When in Bricktown, using the trolley system, pay close attention to the line you're about to ride. After consuming my fill of adult beverages last night, I walked out of the Brewery, and was lucky (so I thought) to walk right into a trolley (sometimes it's a 20 minute wait).

The trolley started taking a different route than I was used to, then got on the interstate. I ended up having to go through the Meridian corridor, over by Cattleman's, etc. etc. 40 minutes to an hour later, we got off of I-40 on Walker. I ended up having to walk through a still somewhat dangerous part of downtown to get back home.. Had no idea that lines besides the blue ran that late. I know now :D

Patrick
03-19-2005, 02:20 AM
Orange Line (Meridian to downtown and vice versa route) runs

Every 1-hour
Monday – Wednesday: 9:30am – 8pm
Thursday – Saturday: 9:30am – 11:30pm
Sunday & Holidays (Memorial Day thru Labor Day): 10am – 6:30pm
----------------

Blue Line (downtown route) runs:

Every 20 minutes
Monday - Wednesday: 7am - 8pm
Thursday & Friday: 7am - 11pm
Saturday: 9am - 11pm
Sunday & Holidays (Memorial Day thru Labor Day): 10am - 6pm

-----------

Red Line...mostly just serves the downtown lunch crowd...runs Weekdays from 11 am - 2pm, every 10-15 minutes.

http://www.gometro.org/metro_transit%20folder/metro_transit/images/trolley_combo_map.gif

Be careful to watch which line the trolley is designated for.

Of course, that can be difficult when you've sampled a little too much at the Brewery! :)

Karried
03-19-2005, 01:10 PM
:drunk: Ha, ha, Midtowner, I'm laughing at the thought of riding around town aimlessly after one too many!

Been there done that, can you imagine Bart (Bay Area Rapid Transit- and I do mean rapid )in San Francisco, hop on one of those, you could end up across the bay or in Oakland! Trust me, not where you want to be lost and drunk in the middle of the night - very high crime rate.

It's okay, you took the scenic route!

At least you made it home safe and sound - hope you had fun!

Midtowner
03-19-2005, 02:46 PM
The worst part of the whole thing was that I was wearing some Doc Martens that weren't broken in. Instead of the thick socks you need while those things are breaking in, I was wearing some very thin dress socks. The walk home (through the part of town just south of the jail) was VERY painful. I have spots on both ankles where the skin was just rubbed off.