View Full Version : No life. Just no life.

PennyQuilts
02-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Sadly, the app for ABC News on my Iphone actually has a special section for the "Royal Wedding." (I've never opened it).

Woman on hunger strike for royal invitation
February 18 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mexico City - A 19-year-old Mexican woman was in the ninth day of a hunger strike in front of the British embassy, demanding an invitation to the wedding of Britain's Prince William and Kate Middleton, she told reporters on Thursday.

“I have been a fan of Lady Di since I was a little girl,” said Estibalis Chavez, who set up a tent outside the British embassy in Mexico City. “My mother was also a fan... I promised myself I would go to the next royal wedding.”

The young woman said she has been asking for an invitation to the April 29 ceremony at Westminster Abbey but that the embassy has told her it was impossible.

“I intend to fight until the very end... There is no turning back,” she said, adding that the invitation could make up for a characterisation on the BBC Top Gear programme of Mexicans as “lazy”, “feckless” and “flatulent”. - Sapa-AFP
http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/woman-on-hunger-strike-for-royal-invitation-1.1028348

Thunder
02-17-2011, 08:45 PM
I don't think anyone is twittering the "royal wedding." I entered their names into the query to pull all twitters mentioning their names into the chat, but since then...none. LOL