View Full Version : frightening video of reporter possibly having stroke on live TV

BBatesokc
02-15-2011, 06:39 AM
Not meant to be a 'shock' video posting simply for the sake of shock. I find it tragic and unbelievable it was caught on live TV.

CBS Los Angeles reporter Serene Branson was giving a live report after the Grammy's when her speech became unrecognizable.

See the video http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-Serene-Branson-stroke-fears-may-be-aphasia/tabid/312/articleID/198387/Default.aspx

The really shocking part is that she was NOT taken to the hospital and instead checked by paramedics on the scene and given a ride home by a colleague - to see a doctor the next day.

I can't imagine not demanding to be taken to a hospital immediately. My wife said their company policy would have been to insist she go to the hospital and would not have let her return to work without a release.

AFwife04
02-15-2011, 08:04 AM
I cannot believe she was not taken in for evaluation nor did she insist on being taken in for evaluation. Just because she is young and her BP was normal doesn't mean she shouldn't be checked out to rule out the possibility of a TIA or something else.

bornhere
02-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Saw this same thing happen to Jessica Savitch decades ago. In her case, it was drugs.