View Full Version : Jenni Carlson's take on the Super Bowl

progressiveboy
02-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Saw this article in the DMN. I admit the Super Bowl had alot of issues including bad weather, ice falling from the roof of Jerry's World and the whole seating fiasco. It made the DFW area look bad, however the below comments are quite seething about Oklahoma. Apparently Texans are not kind to Oklahoman's in response. See below comments, Yikes.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/super-bowl/headlines/20110210-oklahoman-columnist-blunder-bowl_shows-north-texas-doesn_t-deserve-super-bowl-l.ece

Dustin
02-13-2011, 01:14 AM
Welp... Looks like our neighbors down south STILL don't like us! What gives? lol.

:rolleyes:

kevinpate
02-13-2011, 04:09 AM
Comments are from folks who bother to read her column.

Nuf said.

adaniel
02-13-2011, 02:35 PM
A quick Google search will show that Jenni Carlson is hardly the only one that thought that Super Bowl was a joke. Not exactly sure why the DNM writer chose her article when there's a myriad of others out there saying the same thing.

bombermwc
02-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Usually I'd say Jeni Carlson = waste of oxygen. But this superbowl was a logistical nightmare. Every time they try to show off the new stadium, it ends up flopping.

Mr. T in OKC
02-16-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm certainly not surprised by the comments. Especially with the Nazi youth that Texas produces.

MikeOKC
02-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Did I miss something? Jenni wrote about all the problems besides the weather and goes on to mention two things: the whole bit with the seats and then Christine Aguilera. How was the girl screwing up our national anthem the fault of the Super Bowl organizers? To my eyes, the only thing "wrong" with the Super Bowl "logistics" was the seating problem. That was bad, I admit. But enough to keep them from hosting another Super Bowl? She made it seem like there were so many problems. She described exactly one that was the fault of the organizers.