View Full Version : Genghis Grill

Pages : [1] 2 3

chrisok
11-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Just read in the Moore American that Genghis Grill will be opening at the Shops at Moore. Not many details, but I did find a website.

Looks pretty good to me.

Genghis Grill (http://www.genghisgrill.com/)

Easy180
11-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Did it say when?

Definitely different from our current choices so looking forward to it

chrisok
11-26-2009, 09:31 AM
No it didn't. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later.

progressiveboy
11-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Just read in the Moore American that Genghis Grill will be opening at the Shops at Moore. Not many details, but I did find a website.

Looks pretty good to me.

Genghis Grill (http://www.genghisgrill.com/) It's good and a great concept down here in DFW. You pick and choose your ingredients and meats and sauces and the chef will cook it before your eyes. Good quality, healthy and not full of grease and no frying!!

kevinpate
11-26-2009, 11:00 AM
... Good quality, healthy and not full of grease and no frying!!

It's cooked to order on a flat hot surface, presumably with some form of oil on the surface if only to minimize sticking, but there's no frying involved?

Neat trick!

Saw the website, does sound tasty all the same.

kbsooner
11-27-2009, 08:57 PM
sweet, I can go for this...

MikeLucky
11-29-2009, 11:17 AM
It's cooked to order on a flat hot surface, presumably with some form of oil on the surface if only to minimize sticking, but there's no frying involved?

Neat trick!

Saw the website, does sound tasty all the same.

apparently you've never been to a Mongolian bbq before. lol

The ones I've been to use chicken stock and a soy sauce based broth to cook the food.... if there is oil of any kind it's a very small amount.

And I'm excited about having a GG here in OKC...

kevinpate
11-29-2009, 01:21 PM
apparently you've never been to a Mongolian bbq before. lol

You'd be correct. My flat grill outings have been diners, divers and Shogun type tables tables, and oil has always factored in at each.

But yes, this does sound a bit tasty and worth a try or three (dozen if it is really yummy.)

onthestrip
11-29-2009, 01:56 PM
I have friends that go to the one in Tulsa and they all love this place. When this opens I might have to venture south of I 40 for once.

progressiveboy
12-30-2009, 12:04 PM
I have friends that go to the one in Tulsa and they all love this place. When this opens I might have to venture south of I 40 for once. Ate lunch at GG today in Plano. Still excellent as usual and prices are reasonable. $8.99 for 1 trip and $2.00 more for bottomless refills. The also offer a free bowl on your birthday and if you register online at their website after buying 9 bowls the 10th is free! When you go there, they will explain this to and give you a GG Khans Reward card and sign up.

Genghis Grill (http://www.genghisgrill.com)

lasomeday
12-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Sounds great! I have never been to Ghengis Grill, but I have been to BD's Mongolian Grill when I was working in Traverse City, MI and in Kansas City. I loved it! It is so good!

diesel
03-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Tried Genghis Grill in Addison for the very first time!! I am very impressed! Looks like we are not getting one in moore. Cannot find anything on their website!

mikesimpsons82
03-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Looks like we are not getting one in moore. Cannot find anything on their website!Websites rarely have information about future expansion. I'll take the Moore American over Genghis' website anyday.

chrisok
03-23-2010, 08:26 PM
I saw a post on their facebook thing that the first location would be in Norman, followed by Moore. They said hopefully late summer.

chrisok
04-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Their website now has Moore listed as a "coming soon" location.

CS_Mike
08-05-2010, 11:15 AM
I noticed there is groundwork taking place on the lot next to Whataburger. Anyone know if this is going to be the Genghis Grill? Do they do stand-alone locations?

asta2
08-05-2010, 12:44 PM
We made a visit to one of their Houston locations last month. It was very interesting. I'm not sure I would go on a regular basis however my kids loved it! They had a blast creating their own meals. I think they will do great here.

soonerkev
08-06-2010, 12:03 PM
I noticed there is groundwork taking place on the lot next to Whataburger. Anyone know if this is going to be the Genghis Grill? Do they do stand-alone locations?

This ground work will be Genghis Grill.

OKC@heart
08-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Genghis is such a great concept that takes the mongolian BBQ to new levels! It won't out perform the authentic ones who specialize in that fare but it is certainly a great offering that will add variety of choice to the area! We loved the one that we went to frequesntly in Arlington, TX while we lived there! One bowl could definately fill you if you fill the bowl correctly! You gotta mash down the frozen protiens (ie steak, chicken, pork, shrimp, fish & scallops) Fantastic flavor options!

u50254082
08-07-2010, 01:16 AM
Just..don't overdo it when you REALLY like it the first time..All things in moderation.

There's a similar restaurant in Iowa called HuHat, and I quickly grew sick of the place after eating there only 2-3 times.

BTW, if Genghis Grill offers fish as a meat choice, I'd recommend trying a little bit first. Sure it's healthy, but fish that tastes like mongolian grill flavoring doesn't quite work right. Ask me how I know.

metro
10-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Well I know they announced a couple years ago they were coming and should have already been here, but reading the business transactions in OKC.biz I stumbled upon the following:

Genghi's Grill leased 3,500 sq. ft of restaurant space in the Shops at Moore Shopping Center located at 2370 S. Service Rd. in Moore. Mark Inman with CB Richard Ellis Oklahoma handled the negotiations.

jbkrems
10-07-2010, 10:33 AM
I think that they are building a new stand-alone pad for the restaurant in the center. I drive down that way for business periodically and can see the construction of the restaurant or whatever from I-35. I imagine its going slow for them, but they will open in the next few months.

diesel
10-26-2010, 11:36 AM
I emailed Genghis Grill to find out more information regarding the opening date and this is what I got back

"
Good Morning,

Look for the Moore, Ok location to open end of November to the begining of December!!!

Thank You for being a loyal Genghis Grill Fan !

Regards,

Ashley Thompson
Genghis Grill Franchise Concepts, LP
4901 LBJ Freeway, Suite 150
Dallas, Texas 75244
214-774-4240 (Office)
214-774-4243 (Fax)
www.genghisgrill.com
1-888-genghis
"

old okie
10-26-2010, 12:49 PM
We ate at the Genghis Grill when it was in Irving, TX; loved the concept of choosing my own food, as I'm not much of a meat person and could customize my bowl to my taste. Will be something different to try. Can't wait.

Easy180
11-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Not much of a surprise but banners on the new build S of Whataburger are now stating Genghis coming soon

jbkrems
11-07-2010, 07:21 PM
I drove by and they are "Now Hiring."

yukong
11-16-2010, 03:18 PM
It is a great place. I recently ate at the one in Tulsa. It was quite good. And it seemed very popular. Hope they get one in Norman soon.

Easy180
12-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Looks like it may be open even though there is no huge banner saying so...lots'o cars around it every night this week

jbkrems
12-09-2010, 07:49 PM
I might have to check it out for lunch tomorrow !

jbkrems
12-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Attended their "VIP" opening today; the food and service was outstanding. Will definitely return some time after their public opening this Sunday.

Easy180
12-10-2010, 05:25 PM
What did ya get?

jbkrems
12-10-2010, 09:08 PM
I went through the line, got marinated steak, used seasonings of steakhouse blend and garlic, used their 3G sauce, and assorted vegetables... all with brown rice, and it was delicious.

Dustin
12-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Is this the place where you cook your own food?

redrunner
12-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Is this the place where you cook your own food?

Not quite. You pick your raw veggies, optional protein (chicken, steak, shrimp), spices, sauce, noodles or rice and you add it to a bowl, give it to the chef, they cook it on the Mongolian grill and then your order is ready in a few minutes.

jbkrems
12-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Pretty close. Except you keep your sauce on the side, and there are other starches besides just rice and noodles. They can do spiral pasta or even tortillas for anyone who wants to make their own fajitas. You go through and pick your protein(s), then seasoning mix, then veggies, then sauce (in a separate container). Then you tell them what you want for your starch and it all comes to you cooked in a different bowl than you put it in.

Afwife
12-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Tried Genghis Grill in Addison for the very first time!! I am very impressed! Looks like we are not getting one in moore. Cannot find anything on their website!

Yup I just went there last weekend..it was great.They finally open here in Moore by I 35 jcpenny side

CS_Mike
12-17-2010, 10:16 AM
According to one of the servers, they will be building a location off of Memorial next, with a MWC location to follow that one.

jbkrems
12-17-2010, 12:45 PM
CS_ mike, according to the owenr, Penn & Memorial is next... within 6 mos!

old okie
12-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Ate there today. Food was very fresh & good. Love the idea of selecting exactly what I want--no seasoning, no sauce, no soy, no peanut oil; pick my meat & veggies; just wish they'd had rice noodles, but that was okay. Layout of dining space is a bit off-putting as tables are close together and once the line forms, you can find yourself being jostled by those moving in the line to the food selections. Only real negative, though, is price for lunch; a bit too pricey for us for the amount of food the bowl holds. But at least we can say we tried it.

BBatesokc
02-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Did lunch at Genghis Grill on Tuesday with 5 others. Got there at 12:20 and got right in with no wait. By 1pm the line was to the door.

Everyone in the party really liked it and only one finished their whole bowl. Tons of food for the money ($8 lunch - $9 dinner).

I did the steak, pork, and shrimp with mixed veggies, lots of spices, teriyaki glaze, all on fried rice. To me my mix reminded me of the taste of my favorite meal at Shogun's - the Royal Combination.

Will definitely go back!

diesel
02-12-2011, 12:51 PM
We went last night to the one in Moore and had to wait around 30 minutes just to get in line for the bowls.. Found out, that there are two more locations in the works.. One of them per the manager is at Penn and Memorial at the old Ole' location in the Best Buy parking lot.. Should be May-Juneish of this year!!

Dustin
02-12-2011, 02:22 PM
We went last night to the one in Moore and had to wait around 30 minutes just to get in line for the bowls.. Found out, that there are two more locations in the works.. One of them per the manager is at Penn and Memorial at the old Ole' location in the Best Buy parking lot.. Should be May-Juneish of this year!!

:D :D!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!

Easy180
02-12-2011, 03:46 PM
OKC is always copying Moore...What's next a Warren?...lol

redrunner
02-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Yes!!!!!!

Dustin
03-30-2011, 09:43 PM
Is the one on Penn and Mem still a go? I noticed they razed the building that was already there.

jbkrems
03-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Yes, they are having to raze a building and build from scratch. But once it is completed, it will be great and they will get a weekly visit from me... well... at least every 10 days to 2 weeks. :)

Dustin
03-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Sweet.

Easy180
03-31-2011, 04:36 AM
On my drive home and this place has been packed every night since it opened...Haven't noticed any dropoff

progressiveboy
04-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Yes, they are having to raze a building and build from scratch. But once it is completed, it will be great and they will get a weekly visit from me... well... at least every 10 days to 2 weeks. :) This concept will do well in OKC. It is something different and currently in OKC there is very little if none? Mongolian stir fry places. I really enjoy GG and it's a great concept even though it is a chain. OKC needs more healthy choices.

BBatesokc
04-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Anyone ever seen people share a single bowl at GG? It is really too much food for my wife and I. I'd go more if we could share. I've meant to ask, but keep forgetting.

Pete
04-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Just west of Penn.

The address is 2121 W. Memorial; believe this is the old Ole' / Harrigan's site.

http://www.genghisgrill.com/

Diesel54
04-08-2011, 05:32 PM
If anyone is interested, this weekend's deal on Seize the Deal (like Groupon) is for Genghis Grill. $10 gets you $20.
http://www.seizethedeal.com/users/new/kKzQmJaoA

(Full disclosure: this isn't totally selfless cause users get credits when they refer others)

progressiveboy
04-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Good addition for the Memorial corridor. As I mentioned in the other Genghis thread, excellent concept and quality and very healthy even if it is a chain!

rcjunkie
04-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Had lunch there today with my daughter, don't get all he hype, it was OK, but I've definately had better. Would I eat there again, sure, if I'm in the area, but it's not a place I would say, hey, lets drive to Genghis Grill for lunch/dinner.

sooners83
04-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Thank you so much for confirming this. I saw this posted a few months back but never heard any follow up. I am so excited!

progressiveboy
05-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Here is the rendering of the development.

http://memoriallanding.com/

Dustin
05-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Interesting! Not what I expected.

kevinpate
05-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Never been to one. What are the three best reasons to choose Genghis for dinner?

rcjunkie
05-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Never been to one. What are the three best reasons to choose Genghis for dinner?

IMO, nothing else is open, your in a hurry and it's close by, you have a free coupon. As you can tell, I'm not a fan but to each his own.

onthestrip
05-17-2011, 02:41 PM

You get to pick all the ingredients, its relatively healthy and its very good. Also, depending how much food you pack into the bowl they give you, it can end up being a big meal.