View Full Version : Kansas and Greyhounds

mranderson
03-15-2005, 01:22 PM
For some unknown reason, the state of Kansas is trying to say the Greyhound is NOT a dog.

If it is not a dog, then what is it?

This comes from an article in Channeloklahoma.com. KOCO's website.

Midtowner
03-15-2005, 02:48 PM
For some unknown reason, the state of Kansas is trying to say the Greyhound is NOT a dog.

Probably to protect the Greyhound racing business out there. It's huge.

Animal cruelty charges would be very appropriate in the case of what many of these dogs go through.

Keith
03-15-2005, 04:50 PM

That's interesting, especially since there is a picture of a greyhound dog on the side of the Greyhound buses.

Midtowner
03-15-2005, 05:10 PM
That's interesting, especially since there is a picture of a greyhound dog on the side of the Greyhound buses.

What does that have to do with anything?

mranderson
03-15-2005, 05:19 PM

You missed his point. I will let Keith explain it.

asta2
03-15-2005, 05:20 PM
I have an adopted Greyhound. He's definately a dog. Yep, he has 4 legs, a tail, he barks, and eats dog food. Oh yeah he poops in the back yard too. Check out the OK Greyhound association. They are the best house dogs! If you are in the market for a "dog" check them out. Great family pets!

Patrick
03-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Here's the definition from dictionary.com:

greyˇhound n.

Any of a breed of tall slender dog, having a smooth coat, a narrow head, and long legs and capable of running swiftly.

Keith
03-16-2005, 06:04 AM

This is just like having to explain a blonde joke. The post was self explanatory.

Midtowner
03-16-2005, 08:31 AM
This is just like having to explain a blonde joke. The post was self explanatory.

Not really.. I won't get into it though.

Patrick
03-18-2005, 12:16 AM
A greyhound is not a dog..it's a bus! Does that help?