View Full Version : OG&E leases space in Leadership Square

metro
02-10-2011, 12:07 PM
I was going through recent lease records and noticed OG&E recently leased 25,000+ sq.ft in Leadership Square. I doubt it's realistic right now, but hopefully they will be able to maybe build a second tower in a few years?

bombermwc
02-11-2011, 06:45 AM
I'd rather see them stop being a joke of a company and produce some clean energy for a change. Not just some PR happy turbines here and there. And NOT just push all their costs on to their forced customers.

Just sayin'.

Kerry
02-11-2011, 08:04 AM
I'd rather see them stop being a joke of a company and produce some clean energy for a change. Not just some PR happy turbines here and there. And NOT just push all their costs on to their forced customers.

Just sayin'.

Who should they push their cost on to? Do you know how much more clean energy costs? Here is a story about the higher cost of clean energy.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/environment/2009-04-19-higher-cost-clean-energy_N.htm

@Metro - any indication how long the lease at Leadership is for?

soonergolfer
02-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Maybe more importantly, it means they have a bid on their office building just south of the arena.

okclee
02-11-2011, 09:20 AM
^^ Office building south of the arena?

Kerry
02-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Soonergolfer - that building is owned by Oklahoma Natural Gas, a division of Tulsa based ONEOK. Oddly enough, the parking lot for that building is owned by OG&E. Go figure.

okcless - the building is just south of I-40 between Broadway and Shields

metro
02-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Kerry, no indication on the lease length, maybe Steve can investigate into this.

bluedogok
02-11-2011, 08:03 PM
There was an office tower designed for OG+E in the late 70's/early 80's that was shelved due to shareholder pressure. I think it went almost all the way to permit.

OUGrad05
02-13-2011, 08:34 AM

Just sayin'.
How does that work? If you don't pass your costs down the chain then what happens? You lose money, if the market for "clean" energy supported the projects there would be more of it. They are rolling out some wind projects but they are incredibly expensive they have to pass the costs on in a manner that the market can bear. Also keep in mind electricity generation and distribution is highly regulated in this state. They can't just raise rates across the board to support a project without justification and a hearing then it has to be approved. Those rate hikes are viewed in a very negative light. As you clearly demonstrate you don't want costs to be passed on, so where exactly does the capital come from to fund these very expensive projects? Especially when people (like yourself) aren't willing to pay for it.

If a company loses money...they lose investor confidence and go out of business. Not a good biz plan.