View Full Version : Norman: University North Park: New Development East of 24th Ave NW

dismayed
02-06-2011, 04:32 PM
After quite a lengthy time in suspended animation it seems that University North Park in Norman has recently sprung back to life. Very large amounts of ground clearing are currently underway along the east side of 24th Ave. NW, from Robinson Street and on down from there. The area was previously undeveloped.

I saw in another thread that there were rumors of a new Mathis Brothers location going into UNP... could this be that development? Anyone know if something is going in?

rcjunkie
02-06-2011, 08:48 PM
After quite a lengthy time in suspended animation it seems that University North Park in Norman has recently sprung back to life. Very large amounts of ground clearing are currently underway along the east side of 24th Ave. NW, from Robinson Street and on down from there. The area was previously undeveloped.

I saw in another thread that there were rumors of a new Mathis Brothers location going into UNP... could this be that development? Anyone know if something is going in?

Zio's and a few other small retailers. nothing firm on Mathis Bros. yet.

dop
02-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Jack in the box, zio's, game stop, portrait studio, and a few other smaller retail stores.

metro
02-06-2011, 10:55 PM
So basically no destination retail still....

rcjunkie
02-07-2011, 03:07 AM
So basically no destination retail still....

Correct, and don't see/expect any in the near future. What a disapointment (compared to what was promised).

kevinpate
02-07-2011, 07:31 AM
I have doubts there will ever be destination retail, or a large office complex, along that two mile stretch. Wouldn't mind being proved wrong down the road.

Soonerus
02-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Mathis Brothers and a motel, courtyard or something like that...